Skip to content

News about the 2.5 patch

Comments

• Wagner235Wagner235 Member Posts: 11
    I don't get it, is patch 2.5 for IWD out? On GOG it is still 1.4.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Wagner235 said:

I don't get it, is patch 2.5 for IWD out? On GOG it is still 1.4.

According to the stream on Friday, we sent a build to GOG last Thursday. It should be available on GOG soon. Just yesterday the patch went live on Google Play and the App Store.
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • LirouLirou Member Posts: 44

Lirou said:

I participated in the BGEE Pre-order (2012) and it's already 6 years of waiting for a promised Portuguese translation of BG1 and BG2.

@Lirou Beamdog are a small company, and translations are being made by volunteers. That said, what you state above is wrong. BG:EE has a full BR/PT translation.

Thanks to amazing efforts put in by BR/PT volunteers, Siege of Dragonspear is now translated as well.

As for BGII:EE, see https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/884256#Comment_884256 (tagging @Nasher here).
    Nasher is incredible, and his work and effort is admirable not only as a translator, but his participation in forums has always been very active.

So, should I complain about the translation delay of the volunteers?

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (March 31, 2016)
    https://translate.baldursgate.com/projects/8
    7 Volunteers, 2 days ago

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (November 15, 2013)
    https://translate.baldursgate.com/projects/2
    2 Volunteers, 2 days ago
    https://translate.baldursgate.com/projects/3
    2 Volunteers, 3 months ago

In September 2014 Nasher said: "There is only one responsible for the translation of BG2: EE, Faldrath. Last Friday I spoke with him and he told me that the translation was going."
    (https://forums.beamdog.com/profile/Faldrath)

And in September 2017 Nasher said: "I repeat: I'm not translating the BG2: EE." (this is in the link you posted)

from September 2017 until now something has changed? I do not know, can someone tell me?

my real dissatisfaction is not only with the delay, but with the little information and correct information.
    If you stop a minute to walk the forum you will find many people asking about the translation and asking for information, and they do not.

How about creating a topic talking about what's missing? a date? check and clarify reasons for translation delay?

Just to understand, the reason for all my "exaggeration", I support the project and would like to still have the message of when I was told that the game would be translated.
    First negative surprise:
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (November 28, 2012)
    And thanks to the volunteers (Thanks Nasher and all involved)
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Translation (2013) about 2 months later.

Finally, I will not argue with volunteers, I will no longer be begging for information (if you see the link that sent me the last comment in it is from December 2017), I just would like more information, accurate and clear. But in the meantime, I will periodically continue to state my opinion and / or dissatisfaction.

I do not know, maybe launch all the translations as they are and go updating periodically. (subject).

Well, anyway thank you for replying so quickly, this was a welcome change of air, if you compare the information you get from other topics.

I still think it's a shame this delay (I'm not talking about the volunteers), but I can only hope that "2018 - The Year of the Beam Dog" is also the year we will have 100% translated games.
    ==================================================================
    Nasher é incrível, e seus trabalho e esforço é admirável não so como tradutor, mas a sua participação nos foruns sempre foi muito ativa.

Então, eu devo reclamar a demora da tradução dos voluntários?

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (31 de março de 2016)
    https://translate.baldursgate.com/projects/8
    7 Volunteers, 20 days ago

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (15 de novembro de 2013)
    https://translate.baldursgate.com/projects/2
    2 Volunteers, 23 days ago
    https://translate.baldursgate.com/projects/3
    2 Volunteers, 3 months ago

Em setembro de 2014 Nasher disse: "Só existe um responsável pela tradução do BG2:EE, o Faldrath. Sexta-feira passada falei com ele e ele me disse que a tradução estava andando."
    (https://forums.beamdog.com/profile/Faldrath)

E em setembro de 2017 Nasher disse: "Volto a repetir: Eu não estou traduzindo o BG2:EE." (isso esta no link que você postou)

de setembro de 2017 ate agora algo mudou? eu não sei, alguém pode me dizer?

a minha real insatisfação não é apenas com a demora, mas com a pouca informação e informação correta.
    Se você parar um minuto para andar no forum vai encontrar muitas pessoas perguntando sobre a tradução e pedindo informações, e elas não tem.

que tal criarem um tópico falando o que falta? uma data? verificar e esclarecer motivos de demora na tradução?

Só para entender, o motivo de toda esse meu "exagero", eu apoie o projeto e gostaria de ainda ter a mensagem de quando me disseram que o jogo seria traduzido.
    Primeira surpresa negativa:
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (28 de novembro de 2012)
    E graças aos voluntarios (Obrigado Nasher e a todos os envolvidos)
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Tradução (2013) aproximadamente 2 meses depois.

finalizando, eu não vou discutir com voluntarios, não vou mais ficar implorando por informações (se você ver o link que me mandou o ultimo comentário nele é de dezembro 2017), eu só gostaria de informações mais constantes, precisas e de forma clara. Mas enquanto isso, periodicamente vou continuar a expor a minha opinião e ou insatisfação.

Eu não sei, talvez lançar todas as traduções no estado em que estão e ir atualizando periodicamente. (sugestão).

Bom, de qualquer forma obrigado por me responder tão rapidamente, isso foi uma mudança de ares bem vinda, se você comparar as informações que se consegue em outros tópicos.

de forma geral ainda acho uma vergonha essa demora (não estou falando dos voluntários), mas só posso esperar que "2018 - The Year of the (Beam)Dog ", também seja o ano que teremos jogos 100% traduzidos.

>>translated by Google<<
    rafsiq
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    lefreut said:

It looks like the new build of the 2.5 patch for BGII:EE is already out on Google Play. The big announcement (with insane amount of fixes) should happen today.
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBelllolienButtercheese
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    I've just this morning got the message that my redmine ticket for this was closed for good.
    Very very much looking forward to this, it will be a homecoming to known friends :)
    JuliusBorisovHurricanebob_venglolien
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @JuliusBorisov does this BG2EE beta contain also Polish translation and voiceovers?
    Cahir said:

@JuliusBorisov does this BG2EE beta contain also Polish translation and voiceovers?

Yes, and more. Wait a bit for the big patch notes :)
    Cahirmlneveselolien
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819

Cahir said:

Yes, and more. Wait a bit for the big patch notes :)
    Super excited :)
    JuliusBorisovmlneveselolien
  • logojin7logojin7 Member Posts: 17
    Can't Google Play bgee v2.5.15.1 version ? Currently, only version 2.5.10.0 is available.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Still no Thracian?
    Raduziel
    @logojin7 Yes, BG:EE still hasn't got a new beta build on Google Play (due to crashing issues).
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    Will BG2:EE run on an old Nexus 4 phone? It runs BG:EE 1.3 just fine.
  • Sophiel777Sophiel777 Member Posts: 54
    When GOG version will be released?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

GoG will not receive the beta patch so GoG users will have to wait for the full patch to be released before they can update.
    JuliusBorisov
  • EvilkissEvilkiss Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 96
    By the way, what mean Beta Channels in the GOG? When I click it to "On" and choose "Legacy" I got for example version 1.3 to my BG:EE. So does that mean that I got some old beta version to my game? If yes, so why we can't receive new ones to it?
    @Loldrup It should, but I guess you should check. Opt-in the beta and install it (as it's a separate download) - http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/the-25-update-beta-is-here.html
  • Sophiel777Sophiel777 Member Posts: 54

GoG will not receive the beta patch so GoG users will have to wait for the full patch to be released before they can update.
    But when that will be?
    When will the patch offically leave beta and be released?
    That's what I'm asking.
    Depends on how the testing goes. You're asking about the official path, while the beta has just been released. How many requests and bugs will players report? What kind of issues will they be?
  • BearyBarringtonBearyBarrington Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

So I was just wondering one thing since I couldn't find a clear answer.
    Android devices are currently on patch 1.3?
    Apple devices are currently on patch 2.4?
    There is a beta for patch 2.5 for Android, Steam etc but not Apple devices is this correct?
    I'm trying to play with my friend who is using an Apple device and I'm using an Android device we are trying to play BGEE but it seems like that isn't possible with the current patches is this correct?
    JuliusBorisov
    Android devices are currently on patch 1.3? - yes
    Apple devices are currently on patch 2.4? - yes
    There is a beta for patch 2.5 for Android, Steam and Beamdog, but not Apple - yes

MP between Apple devices and Android devices is not possible right now, yes. But will be (and this is the main aim of this patch, well, at least one of the main aims) - as soon as the patch is released officially everywhere.
    StummvonBordwehrlolienDrakon
  • BearyBarringtonBearyBarrington Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the speedy reply.
    JuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Thank you for the speedy reply.

That's what she said.
  • JawgoJawgo Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2018
    Is the dual class character import bug going to be fixed? I'm currently playing BG:EE from GOG (version 2.3.67.3) and leveled a fighter (Con 18) to Lvl 6, then exported the character and imported it into The Black Pits; within TBP, I immediately dual classed her to mage, then leveled her to Lvl 8 and exported again. She had a total of 102 HP (including +6 HP from Fairy Dragon familiar) as a dual class fighter/mage (Lvl 6/8, respectively); when I imported into a new BG:EE game, her HP was 60...

Or has this bug been fixed in some version newer than 2.3.67.3? And if so, how do I upgrade my version? GOG still only has v2.3.67.3 available as an option.
    Post edited by Jawgo on
    Adul
    Jawgo said:

Is the dual class character import bug going to be fixed? I'm currently playing BG:EE from GOG (version 2.3.67.3) and leveled a fighter (Con 18) to Lvl 6, then exported the character and imported it into The Black Pits; within TBP, I immediately dual classed her to mage, then leveled her to Lvl 8 and exported again. She had a total of 102 HP as a dual class fighter/mage (Lvl 6/8, respectively); when I imported into a new BG:EE game, her HP was 60...

Or has this bug been fixed in some version newer than 2.3.67.3? And if so, how do I upgrade my version? GOG still only has v2.3.67.3 available as an option.

The beta is not available on GoG so you'll have to wait until the full patch is released before you can update.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited May 2018

Jawgo said:

Is the dual class character import bug going to be fixed? I'm currently playing BG:EE from GOG (version 2.3.67.3) and leveled a fighter (Con 18) to Lvl 6, then exported the character and imported it into The Black Pits; within TBP, I immediately dual classed her to mage, then leveled her to Lvl 8 and exported again. She had a total of 102 HP as a dual class fighter/mage (Lvl 6/8, respectively); when I imported into a new BG:EE game, her HP was 60...

The beta is not available on GoG so you'll have to wait until the full patch is released before you can update.
    Oh ok, I'm fine with that... will this patch be fixing the bug I described though?
    edited May 2018
    Edit: oops, my forum skills are bad.. accidentally re-posted a quote when I tried to edit my previous reply.
    edited May 2018
    Jawgo said:

Jawgo said:

Oh ok, I'm fine with that... will this patch be fixing the bug I described though?
    I think this is the bug you described. Thus far it looks like it is submitted and thus internally tracked, but not fixed (yet). There is also the same type of bug reported for BG2:EE which is also on 'submitted' status.
    AdulJuliusBorisovmlneveseProont