Skip to content

News about the 2.5 patch

Comments

• MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    How many lines of VO are they restoring?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Wasn’t Hasbro completely against crowdfunding any of their IPs? Or has that changed?
    ThacoBellbleusteel
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523

Wasn’t Hasbro completely against crowdfunding any of their IPs? Or has that changed?

Yes, I believe that is still the case unfortunately. Maybe the fans could do crowdfunding without official Beamdog involvement and produce it as a mod. Once it’s complete Beamdog could then incorporate it into the game.
  • Snowy2Snowy2 Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2018
    About VO, please, try it to make it optional. I was playing this game (original and EE) with original voices and spanish text almost 15 years, because spanish VO doesnt fit to me.
    Forced to play with spanish VO will be a great nuisance for me.
    Thanks!
    [Deleted User]
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2018
    Snowy2 said:

About VO, please, try it to make it optional. I was playing this game (original and EE) with original voices and spanish text almost 15 years, because spanish VO doesnt fit to me.
    Thanks!

Every Point-Click adventure has two options for audio and text. It shouldn't be difficult to put them in a second time but now the release of VO is more important.

[Deleted User]
  • Snowy2Snowy2 Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2018
    rede9 said:

Snowy2 said:

Thanks!

Every Point-Click adventure has two options for audio and text. It shouldn't be difficult to put them in a second time but now the release of VO is more important.

Why no both? I mean, hard part is the VO restoration. After that, an option to choose the route of audio files is not hard.
    For example, in Icewind Dale EE, spanish VO is forced, but you can swap dialog.tlk from folders and do the trick.
    I'm almost sure this gonna work too in BG, but looks better and easier for people make it as option ingame.

People who play Baldurs for their first time as EE version, never listened spanish VO, and 6 years after release, maybe be a bit shocking for the change.

Dont get me wrong, spanish VO is really nice. It's about got used to after many years.
    Post edited by Snowy2 on
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    So, I decided to roll up a new priest of tempus in the patch. The kit is called "placeholder", the kit description says "placeholder" and the name of it's special ability in-game is "placeholder". I saved Branwen from being a bird-feeder, she is no longer a cleric, she is now a "placeholder". Lol, do you even test these patches before you roll them out?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Sceptenar said:

So, I decided to roll up a new priest of tempus in the patch. The kit is called "placeholder", the kit description says "placeholder" and the name of it's special ability in-game is "placeholder". I saved Branwen from being a bird-feeder, she is no longer a cleric, she is now a "placeholder". Lol, do you even test these patches before you roll them out?

On which platform do you play (Beamdog or Steam) and in which language?

It's working for me:

tbone1
    edited April 2018
    I play on Steam.

And yes fortyseven, I know it's a beta patch. But that doesn't excuse something this obvious from being rolled out. If say there was a memory leak related to equipping a certain companion with a certain weapon in a certain area then I would understand it, that would be hard to catch. They should have been able to catch this by simply attempting to create a priest of tempus, which is incredibly easy and incredibly obvious.

• c4_angelc4_angel Member Posts: 35
    Sceptenar said:

I play on Steam.

And yes fortyseven, I know it's a beta patch. But that doesn't excuse something this obvious from being rolled out. If say there was a memory leak related to equipping a certain companion with a certain weapon in a certain area then I would understand it, that would be hard to catch. They should have been able to catch this by simply attempting to create a priest of tempus, which is incredibly easy and incredibly obvious.

I play on Steam too, at least both in English and Chinese goes well, no placeholder there. Maybe you can try to verify your game.
    I did verify my game. Problem persists. Did a complete reinstall, same thing happens with a fresh copy. No mods, nothing in the override folder, completely clean. Just another buggy Beamdog product, still waiting for fixes to Siege of Dragonspear two years after release...
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited April 2018
    :)
    Post edited by HaHaCharade on
    @Doubledimas Removing SoD did the trick, thanks.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    edited April 2018
    Yes, because SoD has not been a part of the beta. This beta has been for BG:EE only.

And as for testing, - yeah, there was SO MUCH testing of it internally.
    Loldrup
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 243
    Any news when the BG2EE patch will follow?
    edited April 2018

Yes, because SoD has not been a part of the beta. This beta has been for BG:EE only.

And as for testing, - yeah, there was SO MUCH testing of it internally.

Interesting that you should say that Julius, because after I finally disabled SoD and things appeared to be working I decided to roll another character to do some testing, and I opted to create two characters using the "create party" button when you start a new game. Interestingly when I did so my main character started with a bunch of magic items including the helm of balduran, boots of speed, a girdle of hill giant strength, a ring of regeneration among other things. And a bag of holding filled with invalid items. By the looks of it, I would say it's running a new game script from Throne of Bhaal. This only happens if you create a party though, not if you just make one character.

So when you said SO MUCH "testing", you meant cocaine right?

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Sceptenar said:

Interesting that you should say that Julius, because after I finally disabled SoD and things appeared to be working I decided to roll another character to do some testing, and I opted to create two characters using the "create party" button when you start a new game. Interestingly when I did so my main character started with a bunch of magic items including the helm of balduran, boots of speed, a girdle of hill giant strength, a ring of regeneration among other things. And a bag of holding filled with invalid items. By the looks of it, I would say it's running a new game script from Throne of Bhaal. This only happens if you create a party though, not if you just make one character.

Yep, I can confirm this issue....
    ronaldo
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Thanks guys, I've got it fixed locally.
    AndreaColomboStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovlolien
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

No, these are new lines completely. Don't know how it will work with the UB, though.

@JuliusBorisov @CamDawg - Cool that these fixes are coming to the base game. Some of these may supercede components of BG1UB. Any suggestions on a FILE_EXISTS check for differentiating BGEE 2.5 from earlier versions?
    AndreaColombotbone1lolien
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746

No, these are new lines completely. Don't know how it will work with the UB, though.

@JuliusBorisov @CamDawg - Cool that these fixes are coming to the base game. Some of these may supercede components of BG1UB. Any suggestions on a FILE_EXISTS check for differentiating BGEE 2.5 from earlier versions?
    bdentboy.cre should work.
    AndreaColomboAstroBryGuyJuliusBorisovlolien
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    lefreut said:

Features
    • Jaheira should recognize Seniyad during the encounter with Aldeth (35189)
    • There should be a conclusion to the vial of mysterious liquid found in the Nashkel Mines (35148)
    • Kivan should interject when you encounter Tazok at the bandit camp (35147)
    • Branwen should interject when confronting Tranzig in Beregost (35121)
    • Yeslick should confront Rieltar in the Candlekeep Library (35102)
    • You should be able to finish Kagain's caravan quest (35003)
    • Eldoth's special ability should create one stack of five arrows (34652)
    • Shoal the Nereid should not kill Player1 (34275)
    • You should be able to interact with Entar at his estate in NW Baldur's Gate (35176)

AMEN

RaduzielJuliusBorisovLoldrup
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    CamDawg said:

Thanks guys, I've got it fixed locally.

Just a quick update: it is not an issue in BP1, both when creating a Tempus cleric in a party or going at it solo with the Tempus kit.
    JuliusBorisovlolien