Skip to content

News about the 2.5 patch

Comments

• MP94MP94 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Any chance of adding hardcore mode(with only one save) and fixing legacy of Bhaal difficulty(the thing that rats in candlekeep thrash us hard and yet main character writes an entry mocking how easy that quest was is ridiculous...
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    MP94 said:

Any chance of adding hardcore mode(with only one save) and fixing legacy of Bhaal difficulty(the thing that rats in candlekeep thrash us hard and yet main character writes an entry mocking how easy that quest was is ridiculous...

The main villain in the next BG adventure are those same Candlekeep rats. Level 40 parties only.
    hook71
    yes it is easy quest, but it is also a roleplaying game, it's difficult to play game properly if you face rats for 1 hour and meanwhile you faint 30 times
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    edited April 2018
    I'd say Roleplaying on the Legacy of Bhaal doesn't work if compared to Core/Insane.

Later in the game you can't just explore areas as you want, you have to pick encounters.
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrbob_veng
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Think of Legacy as something to do when you've already played the game a lot and want a special experience. It's definitely not a baseline difficulty.
    JuliusBorisovbleusteelThacoBelllolien
    I finished game on LoB once and with exception that animals like bats rabbits rats etc have insane amount of resistance I was able to enjoy it as a roleplay, it is not that hard difficulty, it just requires careful path and a lot of time for fights since opponents have a lot of hp, but I find it cool, main characters shouldn't be overpowered as it is at lower difficulties, however LoB would be better if it was more balanced, not just hp increase
    JuliusBorisovAerakarlolien
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    @JuliusBorisov - is 2.5.15.1 available to Beta Test? Seeing it listed on Redmine.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Sure. It's been available since last Friday.
  • VoytazVoytaz Member Posts: 26
    And how about the beta update for BGII:EE? Is it going to be soon?
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    Is there a problem with having the BGEE 2.5 beta activated on Steam, as well as SoD?

Because I'm getting some strange "placeholder" quest details (eg, for Firebeard scroll..)

I uninstalled and reinstalled, and created a new game. However, when I tried to verify the installation it found 2149 files to re-download. I downloads some GBs, and if I verify it says the same thing (and the placeholder is still there).

So I'm getting a feeling SoD might be involved.. any clues?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @koteko the beta is only for BG:EE so on Steam you have to disable SoD for it to work properly.
    kotekoThacoBell
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    lefreut said:

@koteko the beta is only for BG:EE so on Steam you have to disable SoD for it to work properly.

Thanks!
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    @JuliusBorisov

Did the 2.5 Patch drop today? I cannot find any news about it, except that as of the 27th, they were expecting it to come out today.

Or was that part of the live stream only saying there would be a new build for the beta?
    ThacoBell
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

@JuliusBorisov

Did the 2.5 Patch drop today? I cannot find any news about it, except that as of the 27th, they were expecting it to come out today.

Or was that part of the live stream only saying there would be a new build for the beta?

No (beta) patch was released yesterday. There are still bugs turning up left and right which warrant (imho) a fix before 2.5 hits. So my guess is that they delayed the release once more.
    ThacoBell
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

#IWDEE #BGEE #BG2EE 2.5 for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is ready! But it's too late in the day to press the button so we're pushing it out on Steam and Beamdog tomorrow morning.

I'm sorry. We missed April.

This was my fault

I failed you, IE fans.

— phil daigle (@daigledopple) 30 avril 2018

We can all blame @PhillipDaigle for missing the promised April release by one day :p
    JuliusBorisovDoubledimasThacoBell
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited May 2018
    Will this release be a new beta or the official patch?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    the official patch
    AedanJuliusBorisovAerakar
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    JuliusBorisovbob_veng
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Half past 8 am Edmonton time if I'm not mistaken so someone should've made it to the Beamdog office. @PhillipDaigle, unleash the (patch-)Kraken!
    lefreutlolien
  • Wagner235Wagner235 Member Posts: 11
    On GOG when?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Wagner235 said:

On GOG when?

I'd guess a few days to a week later. GOG has their own verification process.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    @JuliusBorisov

oh Julius, where's me IWDee 2.5 patch. I'm jonesing man, I'm jonesing real hard! This is me right now, except the patch would be better than chocolate:

ThacoBellhook71Proontlolien
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    All will be done in time, thanks.
    lolien
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2018

@JuliusBorisov

oh Julius, where's me IWDee 2.5 patch. I'm jonesing man, I'm jonesing real hard! This is me right now, except the patch would be better than chocolate:

Karma's a bitch. Seems I bought IWDee on GOG (which hasn't updated) and everything else on Beamdog (which has) so just like Dilbert above, I'll have to come back later for my purchase.

Edit: This is me vs everyone who got their game directly from Beamdog

OrlonKronsteenThacoBell
  • LirouLirou Member Posts: 44
    I would like to say that I am deeply dissatisfied with ALL of you.
    I participated in the BGEE Pre-order (2012) and it's already 6 years of waiting for a promised Portuguese translation of BG1 and BG2.

Several attempts have been made to contact and research in forums behind news and dates. it's nothing.

In 6 years, I have come up with new games "EE", I saw creation of expansions and more contents.

But without a doubt, I'm living 6 years of dissatisfaction with having until today a game that I can not enjoy 100% of the experience promised, because with each new update I see that the lie of the translation continues.

You're a bigger bastard than No Man's Sky.
    -----------------------------------------
    eu gostaria de dizer que estou profundamente insatisfeito com TODOS vocês.
    eu participei do BGEE Pre-order (2012) e ja são 6 anos de espera por uma prometida tradução para portugues do BG1 e BG2.

foiram varias tentativas de contato e pesquisa em forums atras de noticias e datas. e nada.

Em 6 anos, eu surgir novos jogos "EE", vi criação de expanções e mais conteudos.

Mas sem duvidas, eu estou vivendo 6 anos de insatisfação por ter ate hoje um jogo que não posso aproveitar 100% da experiencia prometida, por que a cada nova atualização eu vejo que a mentira da tradução continua.

vocês são uma vergona maior que No Man's Sky.

• LirouLirou Member Posts: 44
    BG1 is translated, but not an expansion.
    BG1 esta traduzido, mas não a expansão.