Skip to content

News about the 2.5 patch

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @Adul most of these are fixed in the latest IWDEE 2.5 beta. I don't know if they plan to fix these for the other games.
    AdulGreenWarlock
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @lefreut Ah, that's good to know! Hopefully they'll show up in the other games, too. Thanks!
  • magaritymagarity Member Posts: 51
    The bug tracker has 2.5.13 as the latest BGEE version for a few days now; when will I be able to get that instead of this 2.5.10 I'm testing on Android?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    2.5.13 is shown there because the tracker uses the same system for several games. There's no 2.5.13 public build for BG:EE yet. Today's livestream can shed some light on the progress.
  • brotirael4ikbrotirael4ik Member Posts: 9

2.5.13 is shown there because the tracker uses the same system for several games. There's no 2.5.13 public build for BG:EE yet. Today's livestream can shed some light on the progress.

Hi, any news about second wave of 2.5 beta patch bg1 and bg2 ? In russia we get answer from google beamdog team about second patch on last week, but dont get patches...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    edited March 2018

In russia we get answer from google beamdog team about second patch on last week, but dont get patches...

@brotirael4ik Please, check out that answer again - it was edited last week.

Anyway, I undestand the difference between initial plans and the current situation. As Trent said during the last stream, Beamdog are a small team and the work on patches is being done. Translations are being added. As I imagine, adding a translation, especially with voiceovers, is not a simple copy-paste.

That said, I'll try to get an answer about progress on that front today.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    brotirael4ikStummvonBordwehr

In russia we get answer from google beamdog team about second patch on last week, but dont get patches...

@brotirael4ik Please, check out that answer again - it was edited last week.

Anyway, I undestand the difference between initial plans and the current situation. As Trent said during the last stream, Beamdog are a small team and the work on patches is being done. Translations are being added. As I imagine, adding a translation, especially with voiceovers, is not a simple copy-paste.

That said, I'll try to get an answer about progress on that front today.
    Thx a lot. Many russian players are waiting this patch with translations and more
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947

rede9 said:

I hope BG2ee new beta starts today.

There're a few very urgent issues experienced in SoD on mobile currently that are of the highest priority, so a BG2:EE build is moved a bit (*a bit* - can't comment how much exactly).
    Raduziel said:
    Will try to find out.
    SoD hotfixes released. Then work on BG is resumed.
    The 2.5 patch updates for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition are still in the works. We’re a little held up due to the upcoming launch of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, and some hotfixes were needed for Siege of Dragonspear on mobile devices, but the 2.5 patch updates are coming! Localization updates are currently being tested internally.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/march-23-livestream-recap.html
    AndreaColombo
  • c4_angelc4_angel Member Posts: 35
    @JuliusBorisov How to apply the 2.5 patch on GOG platform? I opened the beta channel but there are only default and legacy channel which do nothing or revise to 1.3 version.
    c4_angel said:

@JuliusBorisov How to apply the 2.5 patch on GOG platform?

You can't. Betas are not on GOG, only final releases.

JuliusBorisov
  • c4_angelc4_angel Member Posts: 35
    rede9 said:

Understood.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MonotremataMonotremata Member Posts: 78
    rede9 said:

c4_angel said:

@JuliusBorisov How to apply the 2.5 patch on GOG platform?

Dang, I knew I should've bought them from Beamdog but I could not pass up the deal I got for all of them at GOG hehe. Oh well, I can wait.
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovKamigoroshi
    So what about next Beta improvement? Will it be this week?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

rede9 said:

I hope BG2ee new beta starts today.

There're a few very urgent issues experienced in SoD on mobile currently that are of the highest priority, so a BG2:EE build is moved a bit (*a bit* - can't comment how much exactly).
    Raduziel said:
    Will try to find out.
    @JuliusBorisov any news?

Thanks!
    Just yesterday I was creating a list of bugfixes/features for the next build of 2.5 BG:EE beta patch notes. The list stopped at the position #210 and it still can be expanded early next week.
    AndreaColomboRaduziel

Just yesterday I was creating a list of bugfixes/features for the next build of 2.5 BG:EE beta patch notes. The list stopped at the position #210 and it still can be expanded early next week.

That means second beta patch BG2:EE we dont see soon? I mean not on this week and not on next week for sure...sad
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 243
    Its done when its done.

Guess May/June release...
  • Wagner235Wagner235 Member Posts: 11
    Not on May/June either.
    This 2.5 patch is a Meme already.
    LuisPro
    Wagner235 said:

Not on May/June either.

ThacoBellLoldrup
  • LuisProLuisPro Member Posts: 5
    Wagner235 said:

Not on May/June either.

a stone got faster progress that this patch :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Nevermind that these 15 years old games are getting continued support to this day. The games as they are are very stable. Anymore patches are tasty gravy on top of the buttery breakfast biscuits.
    StummvonBordwehr[Deleted User]Aerakar
    ThacoBell said:

Nevermind that these 15 years old games are getting continued support to this day. The games as they are are very stable. Anymore patches are tasty gravy on top of the buttery breakfast biscuits.

We want that damn russian localisation in bg2 ee, we are waiting too long. Btw on mobile platforms you cant use random localisation on licensed version of the game that simple such as on desktops...
    ThacoBell said:

Next BG2ee will have a lot of vanilla VO restored. It's not a little deal.
    Unfortunately Beamdog said it will not do foreign Voice Overs for new contents because it is too difficult too judge the quality of another language.
    [Deleted User]
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    rede9 said:

ThacoBell said:

Unfortunately Beamdog said it will not do foreign Voice Overs for new contents because it is too difficult too judge the quality of another language.
    Is there more info on this?
    edited March 2018
    Mirak said:

rede9 said:

ThacoBell said:

Is there more info on this?
    It was said during a stream; that one when they told the story of the Turkish translation.

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited March 2018
    They do not have to judge the quality of foreign VO (it would be impossible for them). They should just hire and pay a good studio, as many developers and publishers do, with good voice actors and actresses. That's it.
    This sounds just like a guise, really.
    [Deleted User]MateoFrozenrede9Sikorsky