Skip to content

News about the 2.5 patch

Comments

• fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 96
    If that m
    CamDawg said:

Well, mixed news. The missing BG2 spells are now available for BGEE keybinding, but it doesn't look like we support shift-X keybindings yet.

If that means all memorisable spells are available for binding. That is a major improvement (for me at least). I guess I will have to continue being creative with my keybindings though. Thanks for the update!
    StummvonBordwehrGreenWarlockJuliusBorisovlolien
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    So this is still a beta, and not the final NWN:EE?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    This is about BGEE, SOD, BG2EE and IWDEE, and has nothing to do with NWNEE.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Trixter NWN:EE is also in beta stage. You can read about it in the NWN forums.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @JuliusBorisov
    Will the new beta be available for Beamdog version of the game?
    How can I undestand if/when the update will be available?
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    We'll make sure we spread the news as we have it.
    The new beta build will be available from beamdog.com, Steam and GooglePlay.
    AedanStummvonBordwehrGreenWarlock
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Grazie :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited March 2018
    I haven't downloaded the IWD beta yet, so I couldn't check, but any chance that the background blurring issue is fixed? (Or that it will be fixed for the release?)

Edit: I've heard that there's now apparently a nearest neighbor rendering method that fixes the issue. That's the best news I've heard in a while!
    JuliusBorisovProontlolien
    Are there going to be any new opcodes or desourced files to further enhance modding?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Y'all should update the website so that people who have been waiting for the update don't get confused.

lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Thanks! It will get updated at the full 2.5 patch.
    lolien
  • GaelicVigilGaelicVigil Member Posts: 111
    Are ios devices going to get a chance to participate in the 2.5 beta for BGEE and BG2EE before release? I'd love to try multiplayer between my iPad and Android tablets.
    No, iOS devices will get the full patch. Beta is happening only on GooglePlay, Steam and beamdog.com.
    Is there still time to submit Baldur's Gate 1+2 bug reports? Or has that ship sailed now for 2.5?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Is there still time to submit Baldur's Gate 1+2 bug reports? Or has that ship sailed now for 2.5?

Still time to report them on redmine.
    Gate70[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Also keep in mind there'll be new beta versions for those coming up soon, so you could wait a bit and test those.
    JuliusBorisovProont
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    I hope BG2ee new beta starts today.
    lefreut
  • LuisProLuisPro Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2018
    @JuliusBorisov
    If i remember right, end of 2.5 beta was on 8th of januar. and after over 2 months we will get second stage of beta, this is confusing. nevermind, my question is:

If some bugs will be founded after official release 2.5 patch u guys will fix them asap or we will have to wait years :smile: for 2.6 or something...

just curious :neutral:
    LuisPro said:

end of 2.5 beta was on 8th of januar. and after over 2 months we will get second stage of beta, this is confusing.

See https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/954370/#Comment_954370 for my thoughts on it. As mentioned at the start of the beta, the 2.5 Update beta will run from December 5th, 2017 to January 8th, 2018, with the possibility of an extension, as we gather data and feedback from beta participants.
    LuisPro said:

If some bugs will be founded after official release 2.5 patch u guys will fix them asap or we will have to wait years :smile: for 2.6 or something...

just curious :neutral:

Not sure about timeline. Again, as mentioned at the start of the beta, if you're worried about a fix or feature that didn’t make it into 2.5 - worry not. We’ve been listening to and recording your feedback this whole time, and we have some exciting plans for more Infinity Engine updates to come.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    JuliusBorisov
    You have said the bug number #20702 is under triage. Is it possible to fixed that one in 2.5 patch eventually?
    Or I have to wait to 2.6 patch?
    edited March 2018
    Ok, have checked. It's unlikely it'll be fixed in 2.5. Sorry!
    rede9 said:

I hope BG2ee new beta starts today.

There're a few very urgent issues experienced in SoD on mobile currently that are of the highest priority, so a BG2:EE build is moved a bit (*a bit* - can't comment how much exactly).
    Raduziel said:
    Will try to find out.
    AndreaColomboRaduzielrede9Proont
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited March 2018

There're a few very urgent issues experienced in SoD on mobile currently that are of the highest priority....

Which issues are you referring to exactly?
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited March 2018
    Luke93 said:

There're a few very urgent issues experienced in SoD on mobile currently that are of the highest priority....

https://support.baldursgate.com/projects/bg-sod-bugs/issues
    I do not see submitted stuff in the public bug report then I think these urgent issues are in the internal one.

By the way I wasted my day refreshing Beampage.

StummvonBordwehrProont
    Luke93 said:

You can see them in the beta forum.