Skip to content

Famous Quotes and laws of reality...

Comments

• MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Mark 8:36
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehr
    “I had long since lost any illusion of being loved for who I was and now accepted, with clean conscience, flowers, flattery, and money that fed my ego and my false identity.”

Mata Hari

Kay don't feel that way completely, have no need of flowers or flattery but the rest... yeah, got no ego anymore either, but the rest! Kay wait, got no false identity either, just me. You know? The just awful and the, Meh, it's okay. I long since lost the illusion of being loved? Gotta say I agree with that.

Okay, okay! How about?

Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence, and face your future without fear.

Unknown

Better?

Sigh, sorry. A bit down right now.
    Balrog99semiticgoddessProont
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

-Lao Tzu
    StummvonBordwehrmlneveseMontresor_SP
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Name the greatest of all inventors. Accident.
    -- Mark Twain (1835-1910)
    Montresor_SPProont
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    "I am what I am, and that's all what I am".
    -Popeye
    mlnevesejonesr65Montresor_SPProont
    "I'm strong to the finish cause I eat me spinach"

Popeye
    I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Wimpy
    edited February 2021
    "Many of us never realize our greatness because we become sidetracked by secondary activity"

Og Mandino
    mlneveseMontresor_SP
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I can't remember where I heard this, or who said it, or the exact words:

"Many people are so focused on having a good life that they miss out on having a fantastic life."
    MichelleProont
    The question was put to him, what hope is; and his answer was, "The dream of a waking man."
    -- Diogenes Laertius (c. 200 AD)
    -- Aristotle, xi
    Proont
    “I learned a valuable lesson that nothing is ever guaranteed. However, you adjust; you get used to the little things and hope for the best.”

Dick Winters, Easy Company of the 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, part of the 101st Airborne Division
    StummvonBordwehrmlneveseMontresor_SPProont
    He was born stupid, and greatly increased his birthright.
    -- Samuel Butler
    StummvonBordwehrMichelleMontresor_SPProont
    “If I went ’round sayin’ I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they’d put me away!”

Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Balrog99mlneveseMontresor_SPProont
    Okay this is inly a question.

So the morning sunshine is pouring through my rear deck door. I went to pick up my water on the end table beside me, there is a cat hajr sticking out from the coaster that my water is sitting on. Normally I would not notice but the sunlight makes it glow. Freaky thing, I can make that hair move without coming close to it. Lol, I am not a witch, so with that in mind can someone tell me what is making that hair move?
    Most probably static electricity.
    semiticgoddessProont
    Wow, seems simple now in hindsight. :)
    Thank you
    Feel a bit stupid now to be honest.
    mlnevesesemiticgoddessProont
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Thank you

@mlnevese is totally afraid that your latent talents need to be discouraged and corked. You clearly have telekinetic powers. Static electricity? Psshhhh, never trust a Martian...
    mlneveseMichellesemiticgoddessProont
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Thank you

@mlnevese is totally afraid that your latent talents need to be discouraged and corked. You clearly have telekinetic powers. Static electricity? Psshhhh, never trust a Martian...

Humans have no psychic powers. Anyone who thinks they do are delusional. Martians, of course, are completely different.
    Balrog99MichelleProont
    mlnevese wrote: »
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Thank you

Humans have no psychic powers. Anyone who thinks they do are delusional. Martians, of course, are completely different.

Fortunately their weaknesses are well known to the humans. :tongue:

mlneveseBalrog99MichelleProont
    edited March 2021
    We have ways to counter that...

Balrog99MichelleMontresor_SPProont
    Kay so this is a little off kilter, think it may be a law of reality though.

Just fun. Kinda wonder if it is something a little more though. All stupid right? I literally can not stop my body from moving when I hear some songs, would probably be easier to stop the tides. Lol, just a little too old and too much of a cow to move like them but I swear to you it is no different.

Kinda feel like it is taking advantage of the female psychie to be honest. I mean, all fair right, many guys have triggers as well and we are never shy to call them out. Anyway, just a bit of fun.

Men know life too early. Women know life too late. That is the difference between men and women.

Oscar Wilde

Man is always looking for someone to boast to; woman is always looking for a shoulder to put her head on.

Henry Louis Mencken
    StummvonBordwehrmlneveseProont
    My friend just texted me. Didn't know if I should edit or not, believe it needs enough to cover its own post...

The little girls feet at 2:10 proves my point exactly. Ever been where you you could not control your own body? Um.... yeah, not that. Would someone please tell me I am not mental?
    mlnevese wrote: »
    We have ways to counter that...

You get ONE guess what I use for SMS notifications on my phone. :mrgreen:
    mlnevese
    lock up your children after dark
    lest nightfall find an easy mark
    for safety ends at twilights close
    darkness comes where nightfall goes

Mickey Zucker Reichert, The Legend of Nightfall

I have always felt like she gets me.
    mlneveseProont
    All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning.
    -- Albert Camus
    MichelleStummvonBordwehrProontMontresor_SP
    edited March 2021
    "Anne, I don't want to live. . . . Now listen, life is lovely, but I Can't Live It. I can't even explain. I know how silly it sounds . . . but if you knew how it Felt. To be alive, yes, alive, but not be able to live it. Ay that's the rub. I am like a stone that lives . . . locked outside of all that's real. . . . Anne, do you know of such things, can you hear???? I wish, or think I wish, that I were dying of something for then I could be brave, but to be not dying, and yet . . . and yet to [be] behind a wall, watching everyone fit in where I can't, to talk behind a gray foggy wall, to live but to not reach or to reach wrong . . . to do it all wrong . . . believe me, (can you?) . . . what's wrong. I'm not a part. I'm not a member. I'm frozen.”

Anne Sexton

Edited: One sentence is probably inappropriate so I removed it.
    mlnevese
    "I looked at the trap Ray."

Egon Spengler
    jonesr65mlneveseProontBalrog99
    edited March 2021
    "Ray. If someone asks you if you are a god you say, YES!"

Winston Zeddmore
    jonesr65mlneveseProontBalrog99