Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Mindscapes: Paths of Uncertainty

1456810

Comments

  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,209
    @Rik_Kirtaniya
    Cheers mate. Now go ace that test!

    ThacoBellRik_Kirtaniyalolienmashedtaters
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,735
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,243
    No worries. Remember, we started this as just a fun, as-you-can adventure. Besides, May 6th is hardly that far away.

    lolienRik_KirtaniyaThacoBellSkatan
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 279
    I
    will be back starting this weekend. Finals are this week. I have not forgotten!

    ThacoBellSkatanlolienRik_Kirtaniya
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,897
    "Oh Hek, I have something for you. This should allay your fears."

    *Korb hand Hek a hunk of stone in the shape of a crude sword. There is a beard chisled near where the hilt would be*

    @RVNS
    Good luck to you as well!

    lolienRik_Kirtaniya
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,243
    ThacoBell said:

    "Oh Hek, I have something for you. This should allay your fears."

    *Korb hand Hek a hunk of stone in the shape of a crude sword. There is a beard chisled near where the hilt would be*

    "We'll I'll be..." Hek's voice cracks a bit as he takes the proffered gift. "Ahem! Uh..." a trick of the light seems to reveal a few tears held back in his eyes and then...

    "Bah! A stone sword? Bah! It's... it's... bah!" Hek is torn between gratitude and the need to keep showing his tough dwarfness.

    He storms off, grumbling something about lizard-dogs and possibly a muffled "THANKS!" gets thrown over his shoulder, but he places the sword carefully, reverently on his person. He sits down to wait for the adventure to continue and examines the sword, trying to figure out what it is while he secretly casts glances at Korb, trying to hide his excitement at a possible explanation.

    lolienThacoBellZaghoulRik_Kirtaniya
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,209
    Vidar picks up his tome and scribbles something in it. Every now and then he looks intensively at the others and then continue to write and draw.

    lolienThacoBellmashedtatersRik_Kirtaniya
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,101
    edited May 2018
    "What do you write, if i'm not too intrusive?" asks Francesco from Vidar.

    SkatanThacoBellmashedtatersRik_Kirtaniya
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,897
    *Korb looks in Vidar's direction* "That's very interesting. Have you collected much information on Dire Weasels in your travels?"

    ZaghoulmashedtatersRik_Kirtaniya
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,101
    edited May 2018
    Francesco sit down beside Vidar and examine the tome with interest. He spend more time on pages displaying herbs he know.
    "This is a wonderful piece of work, the best i've ever seen in the theme. My curiosity in botanism is more practical than academic, but i recognize a treasure if i see one. I have another destiny in learning and helping the people of various species, but it would be a honour to partake in your exciting task in any form. Please let me know if i can help you with anything. And i gladly read this masterpiece, if i have the time."

    Francesco reads the tome page by page in the future, if he will have the oppurtunity, and share his insight with Vidar in case he can add anything to the description. If he funds an entry from a sentient plant he becomes very excited too.

    ZaghoulThacoBellmashedtatersSkatan
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,243
    “Made this fer ye a while back,” Hek furtively says to Korb while everyone is focused on Vidar. “Hadn’t ‘membered to give it ter ye ‘till just now.”

    It’s a leather harness for a dire weasel. The harness has a few pockets for storing things, such as potions or messages, and has a relatively thick but still flexible hide that serves as a very light armor.

    “Don’t tell anyone where ye gots it or there’ll be the nine hells ter pay,” he grumbles. “I ain’t no charity, and I ain’t no lizard-dog lover. I got a reputation to uphold. But yer all right, kid...”

    Then he gives a loud “Bah!!!” and storms over to examine the book of Vidar’s.

    “I hope ye got good descriptions of the best way to kill some o’ these animals and... and rocks!” he says conspicuously and obnoxiously to Vidar. “Needs a good bashing, some of these childrens do, I say...”

    ThacoBellSkatanlolienRik_Kirtaniya
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,897
    *Korb smiles* "I'm touched, and I'm sure Mikki would be proud to wear it. Thank you."

    If anyone is wondering why Korb isn't intereacting with them. He doesn't trust the "big people" much. He will be friendly if talked too though, and wouldn't hesitate to help with any problems.

    SkatanZaghoullolienRik_Kirtaniya
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,209
    edited May 2018
    Vidar looks at Hek and remembers the armpit incident and slowly shakes his head.. "Well.. I think some cases might be well over my current skill level in herbalism. An ogre, I can handle, but.. that? No, I don't think so. Not yet at least."

    "But I have a potion for you here Grem, give it to someone you like and it'll make them instantly desire you in ways and forms you cannot fathom! 'Tis a recipe I learned during my travels in Chult, it's very potent." Vidar hands Grem a small vial containing a murky, dark-green substance.

    mashedtaterslolienThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,735
    Re-summoning the other participants:
    @Skatan,
    @Nimran,
    @lolien,
    @mashedtaters,
    @RVNS

    Just in case you haven't noticed that I've come back! ;)

    SkatanlolienThacoBellmashedtaters
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,209
    @Rik_Kirtaniya
    gotta break immersion and ask, the "cross section" over the digits with the X in the middle, is that some kind of buttons or a hint to the 'riddle'?

    lolienRik_KirtaniyaThacoBellmashedtaters
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,101
    Francesco use the first sequence and X again to try and turn the light on again.
    If that works, he try 42 and X too.

    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellmashedtaters
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,101
    edited May 2018
    "It must be a code this time too. 0-s may seperate the characters, the other number combinations may represents the letters.
    Along this line we have a word with four letter first:

    3-2-777-55

    Could be l-a-m-p maybe?"

    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellmashedtaters
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,735
    edited May 2018
    Skatan said:

    @Rik_Kirtaniya

    gotta break immersion and ask, the "cross section" over the digits with the X in the middle, is that some kind of buttons or a hint to the 'riddle'?
    @Skatan They are buttons too. :smile:

    lolien said:

    Francesco use the first sequence and X again to try and turn the light on again.
    If that works, he try 42 and X too.

    You try the first sequence again, but this time nothing happens. Maybe each code is for a specific action only?

    When you press 42 followed by X, there is a "BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" The panel displays: "INVALID CODE".

    lolien said:

    "It must be a code this time too. 0-s may seperate the characters, the other number combinations may represents the letters.
    Along this line we have a word with four letter first:

    3-2-777-55

    Could be l-a-m-p maybe?"

    @lolien The first part of your logic is correct. But it's not "lamp". For solving the code, think of something else that looks just like this number panel. ;)

    ThacoBelllolienmashedtaters
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,209
    Vidar thinks for a moment and then remembers a similar panel he encountered once in a dungeon crawl in search for a rare glowing fungus.

    3020777055 = DARK

    55504440404408 = LIGHT

    2220555066607777033 = CLOSE

    707770330777707777 = PRESS

    777708806060666066 = SUMMON

    "So what do you think my friends, do we wanna summon the bellboy?" Vidar grins a bit in jest and waits for the team to respond before pressing any more.

    Rik_KirtaniyalolienThacoBellmashedtaters
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,848
    “Ahh, I can’t wait to see what happens!” Grem pulls a :cookie: out and eats it.

    lolienRik_KirtaniyaThacoBellmashedtaters
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,101
    edited May 2018
    " You are right Vidar, let's try this two then:

    55504440404408 and X
    66607033066 and X"

    Rik_KirtaniyaSkatanmashedtaters
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,735
    lolien said:

    55504440404408 and X

    There is a loud "BEEEEEEEP!" and the sconces are set alight once again.
    lolien said:

    66607033066 and X"

    This time there is a louder and longer "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!"
    The panel displays: "ACCESS GRANTED".

    The ground trembles and the wall lifts up to reveal a most unexpected sight. You see a well-lighted, high-tech laboratory, with metal pipes running all over the walls which are themselves made of some tough glassy alloy. Borosilicate glass apparatus are arranged all over the shiny tables, and you get a pungent smell of ammonia and hydrogen sulphide that irritates your nasal passages. And in a corner, you see about half a dozen crates filled with what unmistakably appears to be cow dung. Weird? Very.

    And then you notice someone doing something in another farther corner. You take caution, hiding behind one of the tables, and observe the individual. What? A goblin in a white lab coat! He seems busy examining some test tubes filled with cow dung. He says to himself, in a way you are very familiar with, but in a voice completely different, high-pitched and squeaky, "Ahh, the ingredients are finally assembled. It is time for more... experiments."

    You wait and watch. The goblin takes one of the sample test tubes and adds a number of chemicals in it. Then he places it over a Bunsen Burner and waits. There is a sound of decrepitation, and soon the room is filled with a peculiar unpleasant smell. You see the goblin sniffing the test tube intently, and then he exclaims, "Hmm! A better sample for sure. Seems high in polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon concentration. Needs higher calorific value. Need to decrease malodorous fumes. Hmmph!" He scribbles down everything in a notepad.

    What do you do?

    ThacoBelllolienSkatanmashedtaters
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,209
    "Waddaya say boys, let's introduce ourselves!?" Vidar whispers to the rest of the group.

    lolienRik_KirtaniyamashedtatersThacoBell
Sign In or Register to comment.