Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Spell Trigger Bug?

I'm playing version 2.5 and my Spell Trigger disappears from the Special Ability bar after a certain point. The icon is still on my character portrait and when I try to cast a new Spell Trigger it says I already have one. Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround? Thanks.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 3,855
    i recall this being the scenario if you stored the spell trigger in SoA and then transferred over to ToB ( by completing SoA) the ability would disappear from your special abilities, but this was back in the vanilla days, so no idea if this has been fixed yet

• EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 404
    I've encountered this problem before. It happens a lot when the character with an active spell trigger dies before using it and gets resurrected. The only fix that I've found is using CTRL+R on the character (with active debug mode), which will remove the spell trigger effect from the portrait, allowing you to recast it and get it working again.

• _Nightfall__Nightfall_ Member Posts: 124
    There was a time that you could remove that in your spell book under Contingencies, I don’t know if it still works.

• DelDel Member Posts: 44
    Thanks for the feedback. This is my main character so it has nothing to do with being resurrected. And I didn't cast until TOB so it's not a transfer issue. I also opened the Contingency window but there does not appear to be a way to remove it. How do I enter debug mode? I also have Shadow Keeper which might be easier. Thanks again.

• EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 404
    To enter debug mode:
    elminster said:

If you are using version 1.3 then put this line into your baldur.ini file

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

If you are using 2.0 or later then put this line in your baldur.lua file

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 1,386
    @Del Have you used any form of Mass Raise Dead (spell or wish)?
    There was a change to Spell-Removal mechanics in the latest patch that will cause these spells to remove all sequencer activation abilities from party members.

The other raise dead/resurrection spells will now remove them as well, but only on the target, so not unless you cast it on your PC while they were still alive.

The obvious choice for casting on still-alive creatures, Rod of Resurrection, does not remove them.

• DelDel Member Posts: 44
    I may have used Mass Raise Dead but if that's the cause, it removed the trigger but not the sequencer from my special ability menu.

That might be possible if the sequencer had only "location-targeted" spells and the trigger did not.

Putting only "location-targeted" spell in a sequencer/trigger generates a different activation ability (necessary to allow it to target a "location", instead of requiring a creature to target).
    The resurrection spells have never been setup to remove these variants, because they were only recently implemented/fixed.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 16,279
    Please zip and attach your save at support.baldursgate.com for investigation. That is bug tracker. Thanks!

Bug report filed: Resurrection spells should not remove temporary abilities from living targets.

@Del If you are still in need of a work-around:
    Either through Keeper:
    Add one memorized copy of spell "SPWI809D" to your character.
    or in-game (debug console):
    C:AddSpell("SPWI809D")
    This will re-give you the special ability to activate the trigger, removing it as normal when you activate it.
    Del said:

I also opened the Contingency window but there does not appear to be a way to remove it.

Only Contingencies can be removed this way, Sequencers can only be viewed, so this part is at least normal.

JuliusBorisov
  • ShashakiroShashakiro Member Posts: 24
    Encountered this annoying bug myself just now. A temporary solution that doesn't require the console is to kill and raise the character in question, though this of course does not work on Charname.