Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Companions from " The Siege of Dragonspear" to be added to BG 2 EE

124»

Comments

• VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 417
    To Complete the Soul Taker Quest for BG2SoA/Tob, Caelar Argent Companion for BG2SoA/ToB, My main WANT Baeloth Companion for BG2SoA/ToB. I will be happy!

typo_tillyashafetovMirandel
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 1,217
    at this point any hopes of beamdog doing it are dead.

so just like with everything else you have to go to mods and currently only the soul taker plot has one.

ashafetovLudwig_IIArtona
  • ashafetovashafetov Member Posts: 55
    Well.. I could not agree enough to everything said above.

• SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 573

at this point any hopes of beamdog doing it are dead.

so just like with everything else you have to go to mods and currently only the soul taker plot has one.

Why do you think they never will do anything?

ashafetovThacoBell

This is amazing work. I'm a little slammed this morning as we prepare for the live stream. I'll have to come back to this next week and read through in full detail.
    Excellent job putting this all together.

Hey @TrentOster . There has been far more than one week. What's the deal? Is a patch or expansion on the map?

ashafetov

This is amazing work. I'm a little slammed this morning as we prepare for the live stream. I'll have to come back to this next week and read through in full detail.

Hey @TrentOster . There has been far more than one week. What's the deal? Is a patch or expansion on the map?
    @SamuelVarg Trent has answered on one of the Beamdog's streams. This content request is out of their scope for now. And no information regarding the further plans.

ashafetov said:

@SamuelVarg Trent has answered on one of the Beamdog's streams. This content request is out of their scope for now. And no information regarding the further plans.
    That sucks. I thought they where putting out new voices etc. Shouldn't be to hard to have a few new lines from Skie and others recorded at the same time. One might think.
    And I have seen that a mod for it exist. If one man can do that - Beamdog should be able to do it too.

ashafetovVasculioThacoBell
    @SamuelVarg I do agree, but I can also understand what "tight pipeline" and "out of scope" are. Meaning that this is not the highest priority for them now. perhaps it does depend on community's request. Maybe not enough people, etc..

SamuelVargtypo_tilly
    ashafetov said:

@SamuelVarg I do agree, but I can also understand what "tight pipeline" and "out of scope" are. Meaning that this is not the highest priority for them now. perhaps it does depend on community's request. Maybe not enough people, etc..

Very true. I hope I can install the mod and at least get an emotional feeling of how it would be.

ashafetov
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,818
    @SamuelVarg

"One Man" can do it, because he doesn't have to get everything approved by multiple different companies before it can be released.

Working in the IT industry, often times, the approvals are what takes longer than actually writing the code.

SamuelVargashafetovtypo_tilly
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 368

If one man can do that - Beamdog should be able to do it too.

Just to clarify, everyone including Beamdog agrees that they are technically capable of producing more DLCs for these games. The issue is that Beamdog employees have to be paid while making them whereas modders will do it for free, and Beamdog is saying the financials don't work for expansions at this time. They're hoping to pivot a bit and produce some "fluff" DLCs that provide a tiny amount of content but work on all their games; we'll see how that goes.

SamuelVargashafetovVasculiotypo_tilly

@SamuelVarg

"One Man" can do it, because he doesn't have to get everything approved by multiple different companies before it can be released.

Working in the IT industry, often times, the approvals are what takes longer than actually writing the code.

I do understand that. I have a company myself. I'm just saying it shouldn't be that difficult.
    Maybe it's just wishful thinking from my part but I find that most people in this forum really wants that expansion or mod.

ashafetovtypo_tillyTorgrimmer
124»