Skip to content

Companions from " The Siege of Dragonspear" to be added to BG 2 EE

Comments

• VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    *Fast Forward* "Trent likes the concept of adding companions from Siege of Dragonspear to Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, but from the studio standpoint it’s not a viable project. Sorry!"

Dammit... Caelar and Baeloth is all im asking for! Come on!
    [Deleted User]Ratibor92ashafetov
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    had beamdog had any plans for Baeloth in bg 2 ee he would have been in day 1. the fact he is even in sod is shocking in itself.
    [Deleted User]ashafetov
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    I enjoyed SoD and would love to see those characters make their way to BG2. That said, the creative-writing part of the EEs isn't generally considered to be their main selling point and what we're really talking about here is a "creative writing expansion pack" for BG2. Here's hoping, though!
    [Deleted User]ashafetovStummvonBordwehr
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited November 2018
    I usually don't feel like watching Beamdog streams on Youtube because there an hour long. So i snagged the quote off the Beamblog. But i went back anyway to watch it. According to Trent, Its very costly to have voice acting and would set BeamDog back. I believe there alot of factors. But his main goal is to finish NWN EE and make it the best it can be before really considering anything BG. I wish... his answer was like this. "If the demand is high and if he has the time and money. Maybe... something could happen."
    Post edited by Vasculio on
    [Deleted User]ThacoBellashafetovStummvonBordwehr
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    We just have to poke him enough.
    Vasculioashafetov[Deleted User]StummvonBordwehr
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited November 2018
    ThacoBell said:

We just have to poke him enough.

Soultaker conclusion? yeah

New companions in BG2? I think that might be stretching it after the recent quote from Trent....Seeing Caelars story continued would be cool though...

The soultaker conclusion doesn't have that excuse though, it shouldn't be an expensive undertaking to give some form of closure to that loose end. Or at least if they at some point say ''new bg2 content isn't viable sorry!'' Well I'm not going to buy into that.
    ThacoBellVasculioashafetov[Deleted User]
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    ThacoBell said:

At FIRST. We just need to keep pushing.

Heh. I like your attitude, man!
    ashafetovThacoBell[Deleted User]
  • ashafetovashafetov Member Posts: 231
    @Yulaw9460 , well agreed. I have got your point and agree regarding enhancing the experience. it's probably to loud word for this sort for improvements. As it was discussed enough above, it has other complications and XP gap is, probably, the smallest problem. Perhaps, some day.. some how then.
    [Deleted User]
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    They would certainly be welcome , but as a consumer I'd point out a few things first:
    - Don't treat them the same way you did to Neera ,Rasaad and Dorn, in BG2 it feels like they've got their own game .I mean, I like to bring npcs along so I can see them banter and comment during quests and dialogues , IMO that's what the best npc mods do.

- Joinable NPCs have to be likeable and interesting, but good DMs know (and what are CRPG devs if not invisible DMs in our game) that theres a limit to how much spotlight you give to an NPC , and I feel that Beamdog sometimes exagerates .

-Another thing, blending in SoA's dark story may not be as easy as it seems ,even funny characters such as Jan and Edwin have their limits.

Just my thoughts , in fact, I thought that the "Skie" mod was tremendously well done and fit in the game beautifully.
    ashafetov[Deleted User]
    Thanks for your reply @DJKajuru ! I totally agree with everything above, but it sounds like a little bit more complex concept however. I would be happy even having something simpler, but considering everything mentioned.
    [Deleted User]DJKajuru
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Just your friendly neighborhood reminder that part of the agreement with BG1:EE and BG2:EE was that Beamdog couldn't modify existing scenarios, which given the impact of SoD on the Story of Gorion's Ward would be necessary to reach any sort of satisfying conclusion.
    ashafetov
    @Pokota Oh? How so? They are still free to add new content, they just can't alter EXISTING content.
    AedanashafetovStummvonBordwehr
    I think we are not considering altering the Story of Gorion's Ward here, are we? It is just about giving a possibility to add SoD companions to the party in BG2EE.
    ThacoBellAedan
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I'd like to meet Corwin again and check that she and her daughter Rohma are okay.
    ashafetovThacoBell
    Thinking about it, I would like to meet Skie again. I thought she was great in SoD (and I always liked her in BG anyway). It would be nice if there was a way to revive her and restore her soul (though I imagine the difference between Skie with a soul and Skie without a soul would be fairly minimal).
    ashafetovThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Thinking about it, I would like to meet Skie again. I thought she was great in SoD (and I always liked her in BG anyway). It would be nice if there was a way to revive her and restore her soul (though I imagine the difference between Skie with a soul and Skie without a soul would be fairly minimal).

There's already a great mod from @LavaDelVortel called "Skie:Cost of one girl's soul" ! I strongly recommend it.
    ashafetovThacoBellPermidion_Starkmegamike15
    @LavaDelVortel Is a very talented modder so definitely give it a look. But I think Beamdog should clear up the plot thread that they introduced. What they had planned seemed pretty neat too.
    ashafetov
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    ThacoBell said:

What they had planned seemed pretty neat too.

Are you teasing on purpose, or is this written down somewhere? I'd be highly interested in what BeamDog planned originally for how to close this plot hole.
    Permidion_StarkPokota
    DJKajuru said:

There's already a great mod from @LavaDelVortel called "Skie:Cost of one girl's soul" ! I strongly recommend it.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I will give it a go on my next run through (I'm soloing and I've only just got into Baldur's Gate so it might take a while to get there).
    ashafetov
  • NecroscopeNecroscope Member Posts: 38
    No thank you, otherwise I'll have to wait for another Remove EE NPCs mod.
    ashafetov

How about a mod with "ON/OFF SoD content" possibility? ^^
    jastey said:

ThacoBell said:

Are you teasing on purpose, or is this written down somewhere? I'd be highly interested in what BeamDog planned originally for how to close this plot hole.
    It was mentioned in a livestream awhile back (and got into the write-up) but the basic idea was that charname would eventually go back to a ruined Chateau Irenicus to look for the dagger, and learn that someone else had moved in after Irenicus left.
    ashafetovAedan
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    ThacoBell said:

jastey said:

ThacoBell said:

It was mentioned in a livestream awhile back (and got into the write-up) but the basic idea was that charname would eventually go back to a ruined Chateau Irenicus to look for the dagger, and learn that someone else had moved in after Irenicus left.
    Ooh, thank you for sharing. This sounds great, indeed.
    ThacoBellPermidion_StarkAedan
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited November 2018
    ashafetov said:

How about a mod with "ON/OFF SoD content" possibility? ^^
    it's called not buying sod.
    ThacoBell said:

jastey said:

ThacoBell said:

that sounds like the quest in the xan bg2 mod where you go back to the dungeon at the start of chapter 6. may have been an inspiration for the idea?
    ThacoBell
    @megamike15 I dunno, but the person who mentioned it on the steam (I think it was Phil, but I'm not sure) seemed to be really into the idea before Trent added in that they decided not to add it in. So even the employees at Beamdog want this to be realized.
    StummvonBordwehr
    @megamike15 i thought we are talking about BG2EE, not SoD. I find it a bit weird to enable or disable SoD content while playing.. SoD. And yes, to play BG2EE with disabled SoD content (for example) you don't have to buy SoD. Win, win!
    ThacoBellmegamike15
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    In my opinion new companions in BG:EE were unnecessary. There was already a lot to select from. Giving current ones some quests or backstory would be better idea and less in costs (no voiceovers). And Dorn backstory would be more appyling as a 7th level fighter - not the greenhorn. He seems experienced and his current level didn't match him. Same thing with Rashad and Beloth I think. Neera seems ok in that terms. But if we talk about BG:II.... it's a different story. BG:II lacks of joinable companions compared to BG:I so I totally agree to bring SoD ones to the game. Maybe not Corwin (she is Iron Fist and it would be difficult to explain what she's doing in Amn). But I would like to see Cealar, Beloth, Goblin, Safana, Glint and Voghiln. It would make BG:II a lot better in terms of creating perfect team, give us more options to choose from.
    ashafetovDreadKhanDJKajuruLudwig_II
    Sikorsky said:

In my opinion new companions in BG:EE were unnecessary. There was already a lot to select from. Giving current ones some quests or backstory would be better idea and less in costs (no voiceovers). And Dorn backstory would be more appyling as a 7th level fighter - not the greenhorn. He seems experienced and his current level didn't match him. Same thing with Rashad and Beloth I think. Neera seems ok in that terms. But if we talk about BG:II.... it's a different story. BG:II lacks of joinable companions compared to BG:I so I totally agree to bring SoD ones to the game. Maybe not Corwin (she is Iron Fist and it would be difficult to explain what she's doing in Amn). But I would like to see Cealar, Beloth, Goblin, Safana, Glint and Voghiln. It would make BG:II a lot better in terms of creating perfect team, give us more options to choose from.

I could not agree more.
    Sikorsky