Skip to content

Companions from " The Siege of Dragonspear" to be added to BG 2 EE

1235»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I was really hoping to see some throwaway reference to Caelar in the pen and paper adventure Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus. No dice.
    megamike15ashafetov[Deleted User]
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    elminster wrote: »
    I was really hoping to see some throwaway reference to Caelar in the pen and paper adventure Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus. No dice.

dang i was expecting that to. looks like modders are gonna have to wrap that plot point up now.
    ashafetov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited October 2019

Tha

that would involve WotC acknowledging a BG besides the new one.

Wow the quote feture is weird sometimes.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    StummvonBordwehrmegamike15ashafetov
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the thing was i was expecting them to wrap up that plot line when i heard the title of the module. atlest mention her you don't have to free her.
    ashafetov
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    From WotC's point of view, SoD was a BG3 trial balloon that didn't do well enough to give Gaider the keys to the kingdom. As such references to SoD were never going to happen, no matter how much we would have enjoyed the call-back.
    ThacoBellashafetovmegamike15
  • SkettSkett Member Posts: 5
    Necro
    An word on this ?
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited August 2021
    Skett wrote: »
    Necro
    An word on this ?

Pretty sure Beamdog have said it's never happening or something to that effect. This is just fans wanting this.
  • BracchusBracchus Member Posts: 41
    Give me Baeloth and the rest of the OP's examples can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    spacejaws wrote: »
    Necro
    An word on this ?

Pretty sure Beamdog have said it's never happening or something to that effect. This is just fans wanting this.

This.

But there's still hope some modder might be motivated to tackle it in the future.
    M'Khiin and Glint would be very nice to see in BG2, both for their personality and the classes. Corwin would need some seriously complicated backstory reason to be in Athkatla though, considering that she's Flaming Fist and a single mom responsible for her little daughter and father.
    JuliusBorisovDinoDin
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2021
    Arvia wrote: »
    Necro
    An word on this ?

This.

But there's still hope some modder might be motivated to tackle it in the future.
    M'Khiin and Glint would be very nice to see in BG2, both for their personality and the classes. Corwin would need some seriously complicated backstory reason to be in Athkatla though, considering that she's Flaming Fist and a single mom responsible for her little daughter and father.

Off the top of my head ...

Beno Famari was revived yet again by the temple clerics. He then abducted Rohma and fled to Athkatla to hide out. Corwin's father died of a heart attack during the abduction. Corwin has gone absent without leave from the Flaming Fist and is hunting for Beno. She is determined to take her revenge once and for all. This time she will make sure she leaves nothing left that could be brought back to life.

Edit: If Beno has already been chunked in SoD (which I guess is quite likely) then Beno's mother could be the one who abducts her grand-daughter. I don't know anything about Beno's history be but the fact that he has been raised ridiculously often suggests that he comes from a wealthy or at least influential background. Maybe his mother is a high-level cleric of some type (or perhaps they just have a Rod of Resurrection lying around).
    Post edited by Permidion_Stark on
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited August 2021
    Usually, these things only happen when the requester takes it upon himself/herself to learn basic modding skills and then personally does the work. The good news is, a couple of hundred people who started out without much coding knowledge have made this transition over the years so if you or others requesting this mod have the motivation to create it, it is eminently doable. Good luck!
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    jsaving wrote: »
    Usually, these things only happen when the requester takes it upon himself/herself to learn basic modding skills and then personally does the work. The good news is, a couple of hundred people who started out without much coding knowledge have made this transition over the years so if you or others requesting this mod have the motivation to create it, it is eminently doable. Good luck!

It wasn't meant as a request or demand, it was directed at people who still hope (in vain) for an official implementation, plus my personal opinion who I think would deserve a place in Athkatla or fill a gap, in theory.
  • DinoDinDinoDin Member Posts: 1,560
    Necro
    An word on this ?

This.

Strongly agreed here. Glint would add serious replay value to BG2, allowing much different kinds of party loadouts. Much like Hexxat did, although Hexxat is pretty limited in what kinds of parties take her. Would also love to see a mod that embraced this.
    jsavingilduderino
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    I would pay any price for this DLC.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 651
    It's all a bit too late for us to talk about this unless someone writes a mod, I think, but hey I'll provide my opinion: it'd be great to see this content, I'd especially like to see Skie and Safana as playable party members as this would solve the single class thief problem in BG2 once and for all (hexxat is just too evil for most parties).

I'd also like to see a new neutral single class warrior in BG2 because there isn't one (Anomen and Jaheira don't really count). Ah well I can dream ...
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I’d love for Baeloth to be recruitable in BGII:EE but that would unfortunately clash with the TBPII canon.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,011
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited August 2022
    Post edited by Vasculio on
  • GraypGrayp Member Posts: 16
    Semi necro but worth it:

Perhaps there is enough interest to entice a modder to set up a Patreon for developing a Caelar NPC mod or something? Seems like there are people willing to spend enough real money to see this (myself included), so its just about finding the right person to do it.
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    Grayp wrote: »
    Semi necro but worth it:

Perhaps there is enough interest to entice a modder to set up a Patreon for developing a Caelar NPC mod or something? Seems like there are people willing to spend enough real money to see this (myself included), so its just about finding the right person to do it.

That is a very interesting idea (not a programmer here). Are there any potential legal problems with something like that?