Skip to content

Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! Module Download

1235»

Comments

• VicenVicen Member Posts: 30
    I cannot figure out where to go to craft the red drake scales. Any idea? Great mod regardless! Also, I installed the Arms and Armour Emperioum...but, does it need a new game to go into effect?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Which version? Prior to v3.0, they weren't used for anything, v3.0 onwards, Taerom should be able to forge them into an item.
  • moggadeetmoggadeet Member Posts: 8
    I'm not positive it's an issue with this mod, but I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this. The improved gnoll stronghold component on EET seems to result in some overly generous rewards. Gnoll elites/slashers/veterans keep dropping level 6-7 scrolls, and I don't have anything that affects loot/scroll drops installed.
    edited June 2023
    ... Huh, I thought I fixed this already. That's a bug in my EET conversion in the mod, which I liked abusing a good while ago for myself. I'll fix this.
    edited July 2023
    EEEE version 4.1 is released with the fix for the aforementioned random treasures for Gnoll Stronghold and the Undercity components on EET.

https://github.com/GraionDilach/ExtraExpandedEnhancedEncounters/releases/latest

• TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 498
    ... Huh, I thought I fixed this already. That's a bug in my EET conversion in the mod, which I liked abusing a good while ago for myself. I'll fix this.
    I encountered the same thing on an EET install with the Failed Picnic quest from BGQE mod. So it needs to be fix on the BGQE mod and not EET ? Just to know where to do the bug report.
    edited July 2023
    Well, it's actually more than that.

You get the scrolls from the SCS's Wider spell scrolls component, actually. That component works via randomly replacing generic random treasure with a selected level of spell scrolls. Even if the actual treasure tables don't differ much, EET renumbers the BG1 random treasure, to prevent BG2 leaking into the BG1 section and SCS is aware of that. So if a BG1 mod keeps the BG1 names for a random treasure while installed on top of EET, it'll lead to the BG2 tables being used and SCS will think it's okay to replace it with a higher level of a spell scroll.

But yeah, it's a mod bug within the EE conversion, similarly if a mod uses BG2 shield artwork in the BG1 section.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 498
    Thank you for the detailed explanation, I will report it in the right G3 forum then. :-)
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    Baldur's Gate Arms and Armour Emporium (2022 Version 0.9)

Here is an early release / mostly functional version that has the Baldur's Gate Arms and Armour Emporium working with the merchants and one oversimplified item upgrade recipe for Long Sword +2 'Varscona' -> Long Sword +3 'Varscona'. Some features are not implemented (like calling the guard when getting caught looting in the Emporium). Two of my other minor quests are included such as Hull's Long Sword Extension and Ghost Knights of Ulcaster Quest (mostly to get the stores / items / installer working). I combed through this version to see if any Sea Tower files were in it and made sure to remove any if they existed and to only have my content in the files; although it could not hurt to double check @jastey . I am not 100% sure how to make this module work nicely / play nice with other mods or even if it works with the current E.E.E.E. properly @GraionDilach . I took a fresh S.o.D. game and iterated away until the Arms and Armour Emporium / install worked. If you find any missed bugs please feel free to report them. Feedback is welcome :-).

Download link / mirror (the attached file is the same zip): https://mega.nz/folder/KBYTQIBI#CFhHkRHk6ZyGtsCB334mqA

@alaisFcZ Wants the 'updated mod of GhostKnightQuest without the one with sea tower of balduran' and I think its in here which does not have the seatower and is solely my content. Should I help ~update my old work and patch it up for today's standards to go with E.E.E.E that works with BGT thanks to @GraionDilach ?

I should probably restart or finish these side content parts so they work with the regular BGT mods / today's regular expectations of mod compatibility. I am not good at getting these things to work with compatibly but I am willing to help bring these up to date; I need a bit of help but I can do a lot of major work too. If all goes well I can ask what people might expect next and try to add some more cut stuff that makes sense for people.

We'll see but I guess it depends if @GraionDilach wants to help make a content patch that fits with the rest of the BGT updated work for some more older work that ran out of time to get polished but it is fully functional its just need updating and compatibly optimizations to bring it up to today's BGT modding compatibility standards / expectations. Any community thoughts?
  • alaisFcZalaisFcZ Member Posts: 26
    Hello , very good mod the Baldur's Gate Arms and Armour Emporium and GhostKnightQuest , have future but it needs to be fixed , especially the store ( items according to bg1 in power ) , even could have quest the merchant , those 2 separate mods .... he wants to improve it but he needs help from WithinAmnesia guy hehehehe

my english is not so good ... just in case something sounds "wrong" or "weird".
    ... i speak spanish
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited September 2023
    @WithinAmnesia Please start by removing the "Gorions Dream" module you attached here. It contains stolen area art an design from Yovaneth, as you are well aware.
    EDIT: moderators did it. I hope it's ok if I write a thank you here.
    Post edited by jastey on
    jastey wrote: »
    @WithinAmnesia Please start by removing the "Gorions Dream" module you attached here. It contains stolen area art an design from Yovaneth, as you are well aware.
    EDIT: moderators did it. I hope it's ok if I write a thank you here.

Oh yeah being here is alright; welcome if anything. I forgot to do a deep clean of my older posts and I must just have missed it in the black logs. I did not even realize it was still up I guess I presumed it was already cleaned up. There is just so much going on I'm bound to forget things somewhere after time marches on.

The whole botched Seatower leak really bothered myself for it went the opposite of what I had hoped. For example I still have tons of private unreleased content not polished up to meet high quality standards thus they are not even alpha versions available to the public for I want to create high quality experiences for the community. I think after that incident I stopped modding with seemingly random people and focused on working solo and or open source. I don't enjoy betraying trust and that botched leak release really does not sit well with myself for I wanted to give it back to original owners to tweak adjust changed etc after I had done my rounds of work in what I hoped was private.

I wonder at times what would have become of my older work had everything been the way I hoped and kept private and released properly by the rightful owners; alas history is history and time marches on. I feel my reputation was ruined by trusting the wrong people and I have not since gotten over this botched leaked version of a not-release-worthy version of the Seatower I only had access to by trust invested in my character. All of this on a personal level deeply bothered myself for I value noble causes, dignity and honesty. Of which with the leak that happened without my permission I felt my actions lead to a colossal disgrace of who I aim to be. For where I originally wanted to champion positive values I instead was responsible for a collection of events that embodied betrayal, dishonesty and above all weakness of character. I have no one to be mad at but myself after all these years since. I have learned from many years online that some people only have these online digital communities to look forward to and or are already too lost to realistically find a change of heart. Thus I try to find solace in trying to improve what I can and do what I realistically can with what and who I am and try to aim to be; what else can we do? Hopefully I just move on to a positive direction and time marches and so must I march on with time. Yet truthfully I do aim for a better future.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @WithinAmnesia You played a part in the Seatower drama. But: that the knockoff version is still publicly available is not your doing. You trusted the wrong person. That happens. To me, it is more important how people deal with their mistakes. You made it clear that you regret what happened.
  • alaisFcZalaisFcZ Member Posts: 26
    @WithinAmnesia great !! hope you can finish polishing ghostknight and the store !! and some other surprises you will have !!
    edited September 2023
    I've recently started to take a little break from IE modding to revitaliize myself, but I never was interested in reviving Arms and Armor Emporium. I never wanted the association witth the whole Seatower mess and I refuse to take even an indirect part in that. EEEE's release predates that entire story and I felt that's more than enough reason to fix that one up and disassociate it from Roxanne's Seaatower which got almost this enmtire mod cannibalized within.

That's all there's to it.

I can also safely tell you that I've looked at A&AE within Roxanne's Seatower and Roxanne just rewrote the names at a poiint, prolly due to spite anyway. Additionally, the current EEEE codebase is thankfully in a much better shape than the "Extra Encounters" component they all were merged into.
    I've recently started to take a little break from IE modding to revitaliize myself, but I never was interested in reviving Arms and Armor Emporium. I never wanted the association witth the whole Seatower mess and I refuse to take even an indirect part in that. EEEE's release predates that entire story and I felt that's more than enough reason to fix that one up and disassociate it from Roxanne's Seaatower which got almost this enmtire mod cannibalized within.

That's all there's to it.

I can also safely tell you that I've looked at A&AE within Roxanne's Seatower and Roxanne just rewrote the names at a poiint, prolly due to spite anyway. Additionally, the current EEEE codebase is thankfully in a much better shape than the "Extra Encounters" component they all were merged into.

I agree yes. There's one odd point though in this history. For sake of clarity and this is a big can of worms in a Pandora's box within my mind's eye a very loose end tugging at my curiosity of the back of patience from time to time; Arms and Armour Emporium Predates the Sea Tower drama. I had a working version before the drama. It was my last pre-drama module in fact. When I was invited to Spellhold I offered to combine the tower to boost the blacksmithing and merchants but it was like I was lazy or something my memory is a bit fuzy after so many years. the A&AE exists before the drama and the knockoff seatower did not add anything too it I remember. If theres been an update or something I am not aware of it for I felt bad and guilty and left old BG modding after the drama and Roxanne did not take down the module so instead of a big tirade on the forums I just left solemnly and quietly instead of trying to restore what was left of my fallen reputation ruined from trusting the wrong people.

I had one hell of a run modding old WoW (I am a sort of dev for Turtle WoW for example; idk what I'm called but I help them make stuff for old WoW like new items 3D models dungeons content etc). Also I work with other RPGs like Flare (open source Diablo / Zelda). Then @GraionDilach took interest in my old mods and am I here now again. I am glad that @jastey still after all of what drama has transpired finds value in who I am.

To be honest I wanted to make an old BG trilogy expansion like go North, go West, go East; I have the skills for the art, the areas, the items the writing [I hope so] and like 2/3 the coding (enough so it works but not enough to stop the atrocious compatibility bugs yaaa lolol xD). My biggest issue is we don't own old BG like ya ya GemRB but like... I feel old BG sorta needs an old school like proper commercial release? Like picture 3 more TotSC + ToB or like a bunch of 2/3rds IWDs scale releases like made one after the other in the 2020's. As in we can use upscaling to 8K there's *enough* to work but like its all about will of the community and legal permission, rights authority etc etc. All my old mods like even E.E.E.E was just like placeholders / pathfinders to see if I was too stupid enough to not make old BG content and I can confirm I am not stupid enough to be unable to make old BG 90's style content but hopefully with like high quality standards too. I know Age of Empires was remade / remastered into HD. So it could be done with old 90's BG. it just depends on community support mostly and like commercial stuff and legal stuff etc etc.

Anyway down to planet Earth hopefully (or Toril). Theres like 4-8 modules I have than are like mostly complete just lacking bug fixes and some polish. We all know about A&AE but I have one with the Candlekeep NPCs and I have this Super dungeon one where I have most of the art like 2/3 made (its like Durlag's tower but a crypt) and like its kinda like a mini expansion like north of Baldur's Gate (like ~1-3 levels of progression added) also throw in the 8-32 or so mini or small or 1/3rd done mods and you probable got like 2-8 more smaller or variety collection modes like E.E.E.E. style. I have like ~4-8 big ones, 8-16 medium ones and like a whole whack like 16-32 small ones just not polished just hanging out on my old BG archive I have not really talk about or published even pre-alphas.

Does anyone want to like do some bug fixing / help my crappy coding work better in WeiDU? I have lots of content its just not like release ready. I should probably do a poll or like advertise like what projects / models I have that are almost ready to release in m ore details and specifications. Flare really helped me get better at hardcore 2.5D and 3D art, animation, workflow efficiency and open source work too.

Anyway thank you for talking and perhaps we can create more old Baldur's Gate style content, BG3 camp would be cool in old BG just have them all hang out in one of those ambush maps made more into camps lol. Might need a new UI button in the corner though lol. I like BG3 especially the Underdark, Moonrise Towers and other dungeons and the Owlbears lol. Anyway enough BG3 backporting into old BG I got lots on my plate already. You must gather your old modules before venturing forth. Also Fireball solves everything is true: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmAub3iRWaU&list=PLugOo_mrTyTe9W_UXZMfxRjNTrXjrXJ5b&ab_channel=XPtoLevel3
    Also could old BG port goldbox content, 8 party size via GemRB?
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 70
    edited September 2023
    @WithinAmnesia Maybe you could check in Gibberlings3? Considering most people there are modders, you're bound to get some kind of help, and I imagine being active there and showing your stuff should allow you to get brownie points to get away from the sea tower fiasco.
    I am a sort of dev for Turtle WoW for example
    Damn, I forgot that was a thing. Did they ever stop sticking to "let the paladins have *this* tiny candy but nevermind that, everything must be kept in stasis" or did they start to consider tweaking/fixing what held some specs back?
    edited September 2023
    What would get brownie points is that instead of writing pointless wall of texts, WA would attempt getting straight to the point. People are already full of projects anyway, so he would need to pour his own effort into this to prove that others should forget the fiasco. I already got some side-eyes I can justify myself for resurrecting EEEE even.
  • megrimlockmegrimlock Member Posts: 40
    Theres like 4-8 modules I have than are like mostly complete just lacking bug fixes and some polish... I have one with the Candlekeep NPCs and I have this Super dungeon one where I have most of the art like 2/3 made (its like Durlag's tower but a crypt)...

I mean, these both sound interesting, and if they're as far advanced as you say, why not focus on these and release a beta? The community tends to be reasonably good at playing with betas and reporting bugs (here and moreso in G3). Doing that is surely going to burnish your credentials a whole lot more than going back to talking about some mega-expansion pack or total conversion idea which is barely out of the conceptual phase.
  • TemarielTemariel Member Posts: 42
    edited October 2023
    BALANCE regarding the following component:

OL-EEEE-XANS-NEW-GROVE;Extra Enhanced Expanded Encounters! - EEEE: Xan's New Grove (new items in Mulahey's cave)

It should at least be noted in the readme that the items that this component adds to Mulahey's cave are severely overpowered relative to what is available not just in the Nashkel area but in BG1 in general.

In my opinion, they should be reworked or removed entirely. They are great items, but really the kind of thing that should've been put in SoA (would've been a nice addition to Xan BG2 npc mod in fact, but nm).

They seem to have been designed with the idea of turning Xan into a full-fledged magus, wearing some kind of magic plate, buckler/moonblade combo. It looks great, but it turns Xan into a juggernaught fighter/mage at lvl 2-3. It's definitely not great for Khalid's self-esteem.
    Temariel wrote: »
    BALANCE regarding the following component:

OL-EEEE-XANS-NEW-GROVE;Extra Enhanced Expanded Encounters! - EEEE: Xan's New Grove (new items in Mulahey's cave)

It should at least be noted in the readme that the items that this component adds to Mulahey's cave are severely overpowered relative to what is available not just in the Nashkel area but in BG1 in general.

In my opinion, they should be reworked or removed entirely. They are great items, but really the kind of thing that should've been put in SoA (would've been a nice addition to Xan BG2 npc mod in fact, but nm).

I've added the readme warning. Feel free to suggest SoA locations. I'm not playing with a BG2 Xan mod to have any ideas myself. I'm not interested in toning down the items though, I burnt out on this mod for the most part. A copmponent to install those items to BG2 is something I'd consider adding though.
  • TemarielTemariel Member Posts: 42
    I'm starting a new playthrough soon. I will post back if I find any locations I believe would be ideal.
    EEEE is updated to 4.2 with a Spanish translation by @alaisFcZ, thank you!

• Granger77Granger77 Member Posts: 14
    "In this scenario, I'd only take action based on feedback from people who actually play with Xan. For now, the compatibility between Xan's new items and BG2 Xan is all up in the air, but it doesn't need special treatment - I'll document any such followup based on such feedback."

Thanks Graion for maintaining this mod.

I'm about to start an EET playthrough with Xan's New Groove and BG2 Xan; I'll make note of any issues that arise.
    EEEE is updated to 4.3 with a Simplified Chinese translation by Lzw104522773, thank you!