Skip to content

Project Infinity - mod manager for Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and EET

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Hey guys, a question -
    Using "Import WeiDU Log", PI will read the log, detect mods/components/conflicts, and select components automatically -- but how do you generate a proper weidu log??? I have a log from a previous installation, which lists all the components I chose, but it's in the wrong format and doesn't work for "Import WeiDU Log". Is there a special tool you guys are using to generate these logs?

The "Import WeiDU Log" function doesn't check for "mods/components/conflicts". It only set install sequence data. If you have weidu.log from the previous installation, it should work.

Anyway, using an imported weidu log is an advanced feature for really big installations. If you have small-to-medium install, you should simply select components that you want, expert it as install sequence and install it.
  • raudskeggrraudskeggr Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2022
    Hey guys, a question -
    Using "Import WeiDU Log", PI will read the log, detect mods/components/conflicts, and select components automatically -- but how do you generate a proper weidu log??? I have a log from a previous installation, which lists all the components I chose, but it's in the wrong format and doesn't work for "Import WeiDU Log". Is there a special tool you guys are using to generate these logs?

Are you using the WeiDU.log from the root game install directory? (eg ...\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\WeiDU.log) That should work to import as long as it's the same type of install etc.

One feature I found to be helpful in PE was the ability to imprt/export your load order .csv. It's funciton is similar to what you want to use your WeiDU log for, but much easier to manually edit and tweak. That way you can save your load order as a file, or several different versions of a file.

If you can't get your WieDU log to work, try manually doing it. If you look at each entry in the log, the comments should tell you which mod and component is installed; just download and extract all those mods into your mod folder, check those component's boxes on the list, set that order, then export the .csv file (click the E). Then go into that CSV file and rearrange all the lines until they correspond with the order given in your WEIDU log. Then you should be able to replicate the install order in your log.

The nice thing about doing it that way, is that you only have to go through and check all the boxes once. Then, in the future, you can load that .csv and get the same setup every time, so much MUCH faster. Comes in handy if you're trouble shooting a load order and want to figure out what's causing your problem too.

EDIT: I just learned you can load a weidu log and export the generated install list as a .csv. Wow, that would be so much easier than what I said above, lol.
    Post edited by raudskeggr on
  • BarachielBarachiel Member Posts: 82
    is there anyway to easily add a mod to an install sequence? I'm only using a list of about 30-40 mods, and yet the UI lag is so bad, it took over 2 hours to select all the options in the left pane. I've exported my install order, hoping that would be enough, but several of the more "robust" mods in terms of selections have wiped themselves in a refresh. I really don't' want to spend another 2 hours waiting 30 seconds between every tick mark just to add two small mods.

Am I doing something horribly wrong? I feel like I have to be.
  • raudskeggrraudskeggr Member Posts: 5
    Barachiel wrote: »
    is there anyway to easily add a mod to an install sequence? I'm only using a list of about 30-40 mods, and yet the UI lag is so bad, it took over 2 hours to select all the options in the left pane. I've exported my install order, hoping that would be enough, but several of the more "robust" mods in terms of selections have wiped themselves in a refresh. I really don't' want to spend another 2 hours waiting 30 seconds between every tick mark just to add two small mods.

Add the mod by itself (uncheck all boxes) then copy and paste the install string into a saved install .csv
    raudskeggr wrote: »

Add the mod by itself (uncheck all boxes) then copy and paste the install string into a saved install .csv

That's so simple and obvious I'm fucking ashamed I didn't think of it hours ago. thank you!
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    @ALIEN I am totally lost with this "occurrence". It is not systematic, it doesn't stop the installation or create a debug error file ... It is almost unoticeable if you don't watch the installation, looking at the right window of PI and pausing the installation for each mod.

I just did a new test on a new BG2EE. That time it happened with the following mods : Endless BG1 Component 8, BG1RE 43,
    TangledIsle : 0, : RE : 22, hiddenadventure : 9 ... Basically each of those mods are working perfectly (usually they are installed with success...).

I can join the debug file for each one... But they all show the same sequence operated by PI :

//SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED A Tunnel for Saradush
    //
    //WARNING: hiddenadventure : 9 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode =
    //WARNING: unpausing installation will continue from next component.
    //[C:\Zone Bruno\BALDUR\EET Section MODS and TOOLS\ProjectInfinity\Tools\WeiDU\249.00\weidu.exe] WeiDU version 24900
    //Using Language [English]
    //Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk
    //Removing old installation of [A Tunnel for Saradush] first ...
    //Will uninstall 5 files for [HIDDENADVENTURE\HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2] component 9.
    //Uninstalled 5 files for [HIDDENADVENTURE\HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2] component 9.
    //SUCCESSFULLY REMOVED OLD [A Tunnel for Saradush]
    //Installing [A Tunnel for Saradush] [Beta_7]
    //Processing quests and journals
    //Copying and patching 1 file ...
    //Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
    //Extending game scripts ...
    //Installing [Temple of Mask in Docks District] [Beta_7]
    //Copying 1 file ...

Any idea ?

• LyingInTheCornfieldLyingInTheCornfield Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2022
    Post edited by LyingInTheCornfield on
    raudskeggr wrote: »

Yeah, so I added the two mods, did as you suggested, and now the InstallSequence is whining that *five* mods aren't present, even though they clearly are.

I give up. I've got a basic install order worked out thanks to the basic sorting rules. I'll just install them all manually. I expect it'll be much faster and far less frustrating.
    edited May 2022
  • OlorinielOloriniel Member Posts: 49
    What I've been trying to get around the massive lag is bunding, so I'm not trying to do more than 30-40 mods, 150-200 components at a time. I've sorted the mods into "Group 1', "group 2' etc folders, load that folder in the "extracted mods" field, load a "WeiDU" log with JUST the components in that group, and that causes the desired mods to be 'checked.' If I'm not making any adjustments, I can just hit "start installation." If I want to add or remove anything, then I'll need to drag and drop to put things in order, but in 'bite-size pieces that's much more manageable.

Of course, I haven't *actually* had a successful install yet. The farthest I've gotten is loading my 5th bundle, when it turned out one of the IWDification components I selected had already been part of Group 1, and the whole job was borked. This is a vulnerability of the piecemeal approach. But if different components of a mod are being loaded at multiple points during an install (for example, if you look at Morpheus562's posted log on Github, IWDIFICATION is loaded in 3 distinct batches several hundred lines apart butchery has components before and after SCS, etc), I haven't seen a better way to do this, with the importing/applying 'sort order' function broken than to make sure they're in different 'batches.' Any way for PI to detect whether a component is already present and ASK before uninstalling it and uninstalling/reinstalling everything in between (and inevitably breaking things)?

Since then, I haven't been able to get "EET" to install. I've deleted by BGIIEE folder and replaced it, I've downloaded a fresh version of the file, and still no joy. If it were any other mod I might just suck it up and go on without it, but that's one's kind of essential :( Not sure how to fix this, except to try installing it by itself without PI next time I've got a clean base to build on.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    @ALIEN I am totally lost with this "occurrence". It is not systematic, it doesn't stop the installation or create a debug error file ... It is almost unoticeable if you don't watch the installation, looking at the right window of PI and pausing the installation for each mod.

I just did a new test on a new BG2EE. That time it happened with the following mods : Endless BG1 Component 8, BG1RE 43,
    TangledIsle : 0, : RE : 22, hiddenadventure : 9 ... Basically each of those mods are working perfectly (usually they are installed with success...).

I can join the debug file for each one... But they all show the same sequence operated by PI :

//
    //WARNING: hiddenadventure : 9 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode =
    //[C:\Zone Bruno\BALDUR\EET Section MODS and TOOLS\ProjectInfinity\Tools\WeiDU\249.00\weidu.exe] WeiDU version 24900
    //Removing old installation of [A Tunnel for Saradush] first ...
    //Will uninstall 5 files for [HIDDENADVENTURE\HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2] component 9.
    //Uninstalled 5 files for [HIDDENADVENTURE\HIDDENADVENTURE.TP2] component 9.
    //SUCCESSFULLY REMOVED OLD [A Tunnel for Saradush]
    //Installing [A Tunnel for Saradush] [Beta_7]
    //Processing quests and journals
    //Extending game scripts ...
    //Installing [Temple of Mask in Docks District] [Beta_7]
    //Copying 1 file ...

Any idea ?

@ALIEN I have been doing a new EET installation without using the PI button "pause-installation" (which i was over using to follow preview installations). I had no issue where PI uninstalls and reinstalls successfully installed mods (i had to check each debug file to look for the identified sequence). Over utilisation of the "pause-installation" could be responsible ?
    Okay, I at least figured out the issue I was having with EET installing.

My version of BGEE/SOD that is 'clean' is in E: BGT Backup\Backup\806
    The version that has my BGEE mods is E: BGT Backup\806

PI was trying to install EET based on the "clean" version and therefore not seeing the Pre-EET installs.

Another issue I've had is with The Darkest Day being skipped. It looks like it will ignore it/fail to install it if The Darkest Day V1.14 isn't checked, and since it doesn't appear in the WEIDU log it won't be checked unless you do it manually.
    Nope. I'm wrong. EET was rolling along fine, then came crashing to a halt:

//[EET/temp/patch/baf/BDNOREST.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 44 column 1-57
    //Near Text: )
    // unknown object SPECIFIC specifier [CULTIST_NEUTRAL]
    //[EET/temp/patch/baf/BDNOREST.baf] ERROR at line 44 column 1-57
    //Near Text: )
    // Parsing.Parse_error
    //ERROR: parsing [EET/temp/patch/baf/BDNOREST.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    //ERROR: error compiling [EET/temp/patch/baf/BDNOREST.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    //ERROR: compiling [EET/temp/patch/baf/BDNOREST.baf]!
    //Stopping installation because of error.
    //ERROR Installing [EET core (resource importation)], rolling back to previous state
    //Will uninstall 2631 files for [EET\EET.tp2] component 0.
    //Uninstalled 2631 files for [EET\EET.tp2] component 0.
    //ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
    //PLEASE email the file Setup-EET.debug to K4thos (swit)
    //Automatically Skipping [EET core (resource importation)] because of error.
    //[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 348397 string entries
    //NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS EET core (resource importation)
    edited June 2022
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited May 2022
    Oloriniel wrote: »
    Nope. I'm wrong. EET was rolling along fine, then came crashing to a halt: <log>

Please post your BG1 weidu.log and/or the list of mods you're installing to the BGEE folder prior to EET and check if you have a mod installed prior to EET in the BG2 folder. That error is caused by an external mod tampering wrongly with the SPECIFIC.IDS file (the SPECIFIC.IDS entry I see in line 44 of the unmodded SoD would be ALLIES_NEUTRAL there).
    Will do if it happens again, but I deleted all the BG games, copied fresh versions, and reinstalled the BGEE items. Then EET installed fine, and I'm rolling through the rest of my plan without a significant hitch so far.
  • HillgroveHillgrove Member Posts: 17
    Spend the last 4-5 days trying to set up a load order/install sequence to my liking. I thought I was home free today when I finally pressed install.. but now I get the:

// INSTALLATION ABORTED
    // Install sequence contains non-existent mods:
    cdtweaks
    NPC_EE

Any ideas?
    Dude, I totally feel your pain! I'm on day 5 myself!

I've been rolling along today, made a lot of progress. But I just hit an error with the Klatu tweaks mod (the "Drop equipment on petrification/disintegration/imprisonment" components.

//[C:\Users\healy\Downloads\Tools\WeiDU\249.00\weidu.exe] WeiDU version 24900
    //Installing [Drop Equipment on Disintegration] [1.7]
    //Copying 1 file ...
    //Copying and patching 18147 files ...
    //Copying and patching 14112 files ...
    //DELETE_BYTES out of bounds - file is long 210, point given is 258, bytes were 0
    //ERROR: [CBWTNI4A.ITM] -> [override/CBWTNI4A.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds"))
    //ERROR Installing [Drop Equipment on Disintegration], rolling back to previous state
    //Will uninstall 134 files for [klatu\setup-klatu.tp2] component 2080.
    //Uninstalled 134 files for [klatu\setup-klatu.tp2] component 2080.
    //ERROR: Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds")
    //Please make a backup of the file: Setup-klatu.debug and look for support at: klatu
    //Automatically Skipping [Drop Equipment on Disintegration] because of error.
    //NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Drop Equipment on Disintegration
    //
    //WARNING: klatu : 2080 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2
    //Installing [Drop Equipment on Petrification] [1.7]
    //Copying 1 file ...
    //DELETE_BYTES out of bounds - file is long 210, point given is 258, bytes were 0
    //ERROR: [CBWTNI4A.ITM] -> [override/CBWTNI4A.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds"))
    //ERROR Installing [Drop Equipment on Petrification], rolling back to previous state
    //Will uninstall 127 files for [klatu\setup-klatu.tp2] component 2090.
    //Uninstalled 127 files for [klatu\setup-klatu.tp2] component 2090.
    //Please make a backup of the file: Setup-klatu.debug and look for support at: klatu
    //Automatically Skipping [Drop Equipment on Petrification] because of error.
    //NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Drop Equipment on Petrification
    //
    //WARNING: klatu : 2090 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2
    //Installing [Drop Equipment on Imprisonment] [1.7]
    //Copying 1 file ...
    //ERROR Installing [Drop Equipment on Imprisonment], rolling back to previous state
    //Will uninstall 102 files for [klatu\setup-klatu.tp2] component 2100.
    //Uninstalled 102 files for [klatu\setup-klatu.tp2] component 2100.
    //Automatically Skipping [Drop Equipment on Imprisonment] because of error.
    //NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Drop Equipment on Imprisonment
    //
    //WARNING: klatu : 2100 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2
    //INSTALLATION FINISHED.
    The file is in 4 locations in my drive;
    override (210 bytes),
    weidu_external\backup\d5_random_tweaks\4020 (210 bytes)
    sod2bg2_iu\backup\31 (258 bytes)
    ctb\items\translate (258 bytes)

So I'm guessing the mod is looking for the larger file, and the larger file is the one that should be in the override folder?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Since a lot of people seem to be struggling with getting this program to run, it would be really, really helpful if the FAQ had a step by step procedure on how to get this to run in combination with Windows Defender:

Q: Windows 10: After downloading, Project Infinity doesn't start up.
    A: Open PC-settings. Go to Updates and Security, Windows-security, Virus- and threatsecurity. Under settings for virus- and threatsecurity, click manage settings. Under Exceptions, click Add or remove exceptions. Click Add an exception, Process, and enter "ProjectInfinity.exe". After clicking on Add, Project Infinity should now run.

Note, I run on a Dutch OS, so I estimated the English terms. Someone running on an English OS should verify the terms.
  • drkalbardrkalbar Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys ,
    I was trying to install mods into BG2:EE using PI and I have some issuies with mods.
    How can resolved the issues ?
    I'm mostly using this recommendation- https://github.com/morpheus562/Baldurs-Gate-Install-Order-List-Repository/blob/main/user-submitted-weidu-logs/morpheus562/WeiDU-EET-2022-03-19.log

Thanks in advice !
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:1 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:2 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:3 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:4 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:5 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:6 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:7 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains WILLOWISP:6 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:0 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:5 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:6 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:7 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:9 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:10 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:11 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:12 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:13 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains NPC_EE:104 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains HOUSERULES:14 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains PPE:35 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains NPC_EE:302 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains NPC_EE:464 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains NPC_EE:762 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains NPC_EE:902 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:1 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:2 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:3 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:4 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:5 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:6 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains EXTRAEXPANDEDENHANCEDENCOUNTERS:7 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains WILLOWISP:6 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:0 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:5 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:6 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:7 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:9 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:10 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:11 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:12 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains ARTISANSKITPACK:13 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains NPC_EE:104 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains HOUSERULES:14 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains PPE:35 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains NPC_EE:302 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains NPC_EE:464 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains NPC_EE:762 but local mod does not.
    Error: E:\Project Inifity\WeiDU.log contains NPC_EE:902 but local mod does not.

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @ALIEN
    Request: For the main post, add a section on how to disable Windows Defender (or somesuch) from preventing PI from loading.

Thankee!
  • onewithoutasoulonewithoutasoul Member Posts: 20
    So I started putting together a modlist to do a BGT install, but reinstalled Windows after picking up some new hardware.

When I try to install Project Infinity now, nothing happens. I'm running Windows 10, so I believe I should have everything needed. I've redownloaded it multiple times, but it will not do anything when launching the .exe.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm on a fresh install of W10, vs a 5 year old install of it when it last worked.
    So I started putting together a modlist to do a BGT install, but reinstalled Windows after picking up some new hardware.

When I try to install Project Infinity now, nothing happens. I'm running Windows 10, so I believe I should have everything needed. I've redownloaded it multiple times, but it will not do anything when launching the .exe.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm on a fresh install of W10, vs a 5 year old install of it when it last worked.

you AV program is most likely stopping it from running. Add exclusions.
  • onewithoutasoulonewithoutasoul Member Posts: 20
    Hillgrove wrote: »

you AV program is most likely stopping it from running. Add exclusions.

Yeah, I have an exclusion already in place for Windows Defender. The Defender logs are saying it was restored from Quarantine, but it still isn't running

cheliprefchl.png

I suppose I can just disable Defender while I run it....
    @onewithoutasoul

you need to have exclusion for both the exe and the process (I also add an exclusion for the folder, just to be sure).
  • LangyLangy Member Posts: 3
    I have to say, this is one of the most frustrating programs I've ever had the displeasure to use. The fact it takes on the order of four hours just to click a bunch of checkboxes is... fucking crazy, I'll say that. The fact those checkboxes are then spontaneously unchecked after adding a new mod is infuriating.

Then to find out the "export" doesn't take into account any of the checkboxes and just creates pretty much blank file... Yeah, I'm not happy with this software.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Langy Hi, I'm sorry about your experience. Improving this partial aspect of the application is not an easy task but I'm working on it.
  • TaumsalkTaumsalk Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2022
    Langy wrote: »
    I have to say, this is one of the most frustrating programs I've ever had the displeasure to use[...]

I understand saying things in frustration, but I think you are being excessively harsh. You only have to try managing every mod and option by hand to understand the immense added benefit of this app as it stand now. It is, after all, still under development, and by volunteer(s?) not a company of paid developers. Being a developer myself, I have an idea of all the effort and contemplation that goes into something like this. It's easy for things to cause frustration, including angry complaints to volunteers who are themselves trying to make our experience easier and less frustrating. Appreciation is their only wage. I came here to leave a note saying that I have just been getting to understand how to use this app, and that it's made managing mods so much easier for me. Sorry to call you out on this, brother. It makes me feel like my avatar looks.