Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

BGII:EE and IWD:EE are back on Google Play

1246717

Comments

  • S1T1NS1T1N Member Posts: 4
    You can't think this seriously.... I WANT RETURN MY MONEY IMMEDIATELY !!!! I contacted google with the request to block your account because this is a robbery ! . People don't believe what they are write here.... the application is not in the payment log so is permanently removed by developer . Google has nothing to do with it just bullshit here .

  • paolo81paolo81 Member Posts: 4
    I wait from march . Can i have an answer? I paid 10 euro for bg2 and 10 for iwd. You tale my money but i cannot play.

  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 233
    S1T1N wrote: »
    You can't think this seriously.... I WANT RETURN MY MONEY IMMEDIATELY !!!! I contacted google with the request to block your account because this is a robbery ! . People don't believe what they are write here.... the application is not in the payment log so is permanently removed by developer . Google has nothing to do with it just bullshit here .

    This must be your first time getting screwed by the Play store. Believe me, it's Google. I have had paid apps that disappeared completely from the Play store and it was the same way - absolutely no sign it had ever existed or that I had ever bought a license.

    The last time it happened to me was when Google cracked down on ad blocking software. It is one of the few areas where Apple's App store is better, as you can generally get the last acceptable purchased version, though I have seen apps disappear from it in the same manner when they violate Apple's policies.

    The frustration here is that it has taken longer than anticipated to get it restored.

    StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • lost1lost1 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 9
    S1T1N wrote: »
    You can't think this seriously.... I WANT RETURN MY MONEY IMMEDIATELY !!!! I contacted google with the request to block your account because this is a robbery ! . People don't believe what they are write here.... the application is not in the payment log so is permanently removed by developer . Google has nothing to do with it just bullshit here .

    Sorry s1t1n, as I said in an earlier post, other titles (not associated with BeamDog) are missing from googlie-play store.
    Examples:
    2 Shadowrun games (Dev: Harebrained Schemes) are missing; Tales of Illyria: Beyond The Iron Wall (Dev: Little Killerz) is also missing.
    Again, this is a Googlie-play Store problem.

    Or maybe I should say: You should be screaming your head off to google.

    StummvonBordwehr
  • S1T1NS1T1N Member Posts: 4
    so google remove apks without any warning ?? how do i get the money back when i have no proof of payment? and another problem .. I will have to buy the app again because it will be added as a new application .

    camilus
  • PirriePirrie Member Posts: 26
    S1T1N wrote: »
    so google remove apks without any warning ?? how do i get the money back when i have no proof of payment? and another problem .. I will have to buy the app again because it will be added as a new application .

    Beamdog are hopeful that once they've got the new build uploaded it will appear in the play store as a purchased app. I don't know how the play store works so I cannot comment on how likely it is they will manage it.

  • Whisp3Whisp3 Member Posts: 10
    Honestly, how long will it take to get the games back to PlayStore? JuliusBorisov can you update us on current status of the issue? It would be nice to provide us with an estimate, like TTC?

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 18,614
    We'll include a part about this issue into this month's blog update.

    lolienStummvonBordwehr
  • camiluscamilus Member Posts: 8
    You and Google are a bunch of thieves. When asking Google for a refund they say contact the developer. When asking you for a refund you say ask Google.

    Refund us our money or post download links for the apks here. And stop being a bunch of thieves. Why would anyone buy anything from you/Google if you can just steal it back whenever you wish?

    If you download a pirated copy you have none of these problems. So why would a sane person give anyone of you his money?

    Fine, you can't refund us our money because Google controls that. But you can post download links for the apks since you do have them. You just don't want to, because you are thieves.

  • camiluscamilus Member Posts: 8

    If you have downloaded the games you should still have access to them. If you have not downloaded the games, they should reappear in your purchases once the issue is resolved. Those who wish to seek refunds will need to request this through Google Play support.
    And they tell you to contact the developer. So effectively you can't get a refund unless you bought the games recently using a credit card and file an online fraud report with your bank,

    Otherwise you are fucked. Why don't you just post the apk download links? You have the apks. You just don't want to do that.

    And why exactly does it take over a month to fix the location of the privacy policy??

  • S1T1NS1T1N Member Posts: 4
    We need a solution now! Not in 3 days, not in a week NOW!!! Stop bullshiting here and return us our money !!!

    camilus
  • PirriePirrie Member Posts: 26
    S1T1N wrote: »
    We need a solution now! Not in 3 days, not in a week NOW!!! Stop bullshiting here and return us our money !!!

    Less of the 'us' please S1T1N. I'd rather they take more time and ensure the build is done properly.

    StummvonBordwehr
  • PirriePirrie Member Posts: 26
    camilus wrote: »

    If you have downloaded the games you should still have access to them. If you have not downloaded the games, they should reappear in your purchases once the issue is resolved. Those who wish to seek refunds will need to request this through Google Play support.
    And they tell you to contact the developer. So effectively you can't get a refund unless you bought the games recently using a credit card and file an online fraud report with your bank,

    Otherwise you are fucked. Why don't you just post the apk download links? You have the apks. You just don't want to do that.

    And why exactly does it take over a month to fix the location of the privacy policy??

    If you read from the beginning you'd have seen they are incorporating the privacy policy into a new build, hence the delay. Bad timing unfortunately.

  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,477
    edited May 12
    Nevermind. This works best as a PM.

  • camiluscamilus Member Posts: 8
    S1T1N wrote: »
    We need a solution now! Not in 3 days, not in a week NOW!!! Stop bullshiting here and return us our money !!!

    This. It doesn't take more than two months to include the terms in the game.

    When you ask Google for a refund they say ask the developer, when you ask Beamdog for a refund they say ask Google.

    We paid for the games and they (I don't care if it was Google or Beamdog) stole them from us. They refuse to issue a refund or provide the apks or gog codes for the games that they stole. Then they even have the nerve to accuse me of advocating piracy despite the fact that they are the only ones who have stolen anything here. I paid for the games on Google play, for the originals on cds and on gog (only for bg1ee and bg2ee on gog).

    And that they haven't resolved the issue in two months is insane. It should have been resolved in a few days max either by issuing refunds, fixing the games, providing download links for the apks or giving us gog codes (preferably letting us choose which one we want). Instead all we have gotten is a bunch of excuses and blame shifting.

    The entire thing is totally unacceptable. And will certainly make me never buy a game where you don't get a drm free copy that you can backup yourself just in case of any such scenario.

  • camiluscamilus Member Posts: 8
    Pirrie wrote: »
    camilus wrote: »

    If you have downloaded the games you should still have access to them. If you have not downloaded the games, they should reappear in your purchases once the issue is resolved. Those who wish to seek refunds will need to request this through Google Play support.
    And they tell you to contact the developer. So effectively you can't get a refund unless you bought the games recently using a credit card and file an online fraud report with your bank,

    Otherwise you are fucked. Why don't you just post the apk download links? You have the apks. You just don't want to do that.

    And why exactly does it take over a month to fix the location of the privacy policy??

    If you read from the beginning you'd have seen they are incorporating the privacy policy into a new build, hence the delay. Bad timing unfortunately.

    It doesn't take two months to recompile the game with the privacy policy included. Even on a 486.

  • camiluscamilus Member Posts: 8
    Pirrie wrote: »
    S1T1N wrote: »
    We need a solution now! Not in 3 days, not in a week NOW!!! Stop bullshiting here and return us our money !!!

    Less of the 'us' please S1T1N. I'd rather they take more time and ensure the build is done properly.

    Including the privacy policy and recompiling the game does not require that much time. Even if you triple check that you didn't break anything.

  • PirriePirrie Member Posts: 26
    camilus wrote: »
    Pirrie wrote: »
    S1T1N wrote: »
    We need a solution now! Not in 3 days, not in a week NOW!!! Stop bullshiting here and return us our money !!!

    Less of the 'us' please S1T1N. I'd rather they take more time and ensure the build is done properly.

    Including the privacy policy and recompiling the game does not require that much time. Even if you triple check that you didn't break anything.

    It does if they have multiple projects and cannot dedicate all their time.

  • camiluscamilus Member Posts: 8
    edited May 14
    Pirrie wrote: »
    camilus wrote: »
    Pirrie wrote: »
    S1T1N wrote: »
    We need a solution now! Not in 3 days, not in a week NOW!!! Stop bullshiting here and return us our money !!!

    Less of the 'us' please S1T1N. I'd rather they take more time and ensure the build is done properly.

    Including the privacy policy and recompiling the game does not require that much time. Even if you triple check that you didn't break anything.

    It does if they have multiple projects and cannot dedicate all their time.
    Then issue refunds.

    Or hire more developers & testers.

    But then why would they? They got our money already.

    Unless one of those projects is bg3 where you can get so powerful that your characters would make the ones from the end of TOB look like lvl 1 characters look compared to the ones from TOB and there's an actual option to be evil (not a murder hobo, but start an evil empire evil or invade a good plane evil and so on). I don't care about it.

    Whisp3
  • camiluscamilus Member Posts: 8
    edited May 16
    And no answer yet, no money yet, no games yet. Fact is that what they've done is fraud.

    Plain and simple.

    And they'll get away with it because they are too big to fight and no police force/prosecutor gives a fuck about going after them because they have every advantage you can think off. Even if they eventually lost the lawsuit they can afford to drag it out for years...

    Of course if you're Google you can evade taxes, steal from people, break all kinds of privacy laws and nothing will happen..... Either the USA, EU or China could come down on them hard, but the USA wont because it's their company and shares the data they collect about you with their spy agencies, develop image recognition software for guided weapons, bribe (er lobby) enough politicians, ... the EU is unfortunately to divided to do anything and China wont do anything because they help them with their censorship/spying too.

    Post edited by Zaghoul on
  • kkadenkkaden Member Posts: 3
    We'll include a part about this issue into this month's blog update.

    And when will the Blog of the Month be posted? We're half way through May and haven't seen a blog post in nearly two months.

  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,477
    edited May 15
    @kkaden There was a report in April

    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75182/beamdog-q-a-april-2019

    Nothing relevant about this matter, though.

    lolienlefreut
  • gtraxgtrax Member Posts: 8
    edited May 16
    I would really like to know what would you do, JuliusBorisov, if you had paid someone good money for a service in advance and they refused to provide you with the requested service or a refund. I guess we'll have to wait for the "May Blog" to find out. FYI it's almost June.

  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,165
    gtrax wrote: »
    I guess we'll have to wait for the "May Blog" to find out. FYI it's almost June.
    Fyi:
    The new blog entry is under review.


    JuliusBorisov
  • Inferno787Inferno787 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 16
    I'm sure if they could get the game out fast they would. They are not making money with the game gone from the store. It's not like it's some sinister plan to keep your money and laugh about it. Patience. I know it's tough because I am missing my Icewind :neutral:

    StummvonBordwehrlolienJuliusBorisov
  • PacoSquirrelPacoSquirrel Member Posts: 2
    @JuliusBorisov
    Is there any true ETA? As a programmer I find implementing a UI element into the game taking over 2 months (even with the back and forth with Google) a bit absurd. I feel as though a lack of timeline is truly frustrating and also unprofessional. This isn't a brand new AAA title, but a title that needed mending due to Google policy. Obviously other titles you have released have complied with Google's policy, so you do know how to do this. I would like a refund on my purchase, but as many of my frustrated pals on here have made so clear that isn't going to happen. So instead, I'll wait for the game to be restored, if ever, and I will never spend a dime on any product Beamdog or anyone on the development team releases.

    gtrax
  • legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 61
    They always say they're working.
    Nothing changes.
    We probably will not have bg2ee and iwdee this year.
    I think they are not capable or responsible.
    Or maybe both.
    I have never said anything aggressive on this site, but I can not take it anymore.
    I'll never buy beamdog's product.

    lefreut
Sign In or Register to comment.