Skip to content

BGII:EE and IWD:EE are back on Google Play

Comments

• S1T1NS1T1N Member Posts: 4
    so google remove apks without any warning ?? how do i get the money back when i have no proof of payment? and another problem .. I will have to buy the app again because it will be added as a new application .
    camilus
  • PirriePirrie Member Posts: 26
    S1T1N wrote: »
    so google remove apks without any warning ?? how do i get the money back when i have no proof of payment? and another problem .. I will have to buy the app again because it will be added as a new application .

Beamdog are hopeful that once they've got the new build uploaded it will appear in the play store as a purchased app. I don't know how the play store works so I cannot comment on how likely it is they will manage it.
  • Whisp3Whisp3 Member Posts: 10
    Honestly, how long will it take to get the games back to PlayStore? JuliusBorisov can you update us on current status of the issue? It would be nice to provide us with an estimate, like TTC?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We'll include a part about this issue into this month's blog update.
    lolienStummvonBordwehr
  • camiluscamilus Member Posts: 8
    You and Google are a bunch of thieves. When asking Google for a refund they say contact the developer. When asking you for a refund you say ask Google.

Refund us our money or post download links for the apks here. And stop being a bunch of thieves. Why would anyone buy anything from you/Google if you can just steal it back whenever you wish?

If you download a pirated copy you have none of these problems. So why would a sane person give anyone of you his money?

Fine, you can't refund us our money because Google controls that. But you can post download links for the apks since you do have them. You just don't want to, because you are thieves.

If you have downloaded the games you should still have access to them. If you have not downloaded the games, they should reappear in your purchases once the issue is resolved. Those who wish to seek refunds will need to request this through Google Play support.
    And they tell you to contact the developer. So effectively you can't get a refund unless you bought the games recently using a credit card and file an online fraud report with your bank,

Otherwise you are fucked. Why don't you just post the apk download links? You have the apks. You just don't want to do that.

And why exactly does it take over a month to fix the location of the privacy policy??
  • S1T1NS1T1N Member Posts: 4
    We need a solution now! Not in 3 days, not in a week NOW!!! Stop bullshiting here and return us our money !!!
    camilus
    We need a solution now! Not in 3 days, not in a week NOW!!! Stop bullshiting here and return us our money !!!

Less of the 'us' please S1T1N. I'd rather they take more time and ensure the build is done properly.
    StummvonBordwehr
    camilus wrote: »

If you have downloaded the games you should still have access to them. If you have not downloaded the games, they should reappear in your purchases once the issue is resolved. Those who wish to seek refunds will need to request this through Google Play support.
    And they tell you to contact the developer. So effectively you can't get a refund unless you bought the games recently using a credit card and file an online fraud report with your bank,

Otherwise you are fucked. Why don't you just post the apk download links? You have the apks. You just don't want to do that.

And why exactly does it take over a month to fix the location of the privacy policy??

If you read from the beginning you'd have seen they are incorporating the privacy policy into a new build, hence the delay. Bad timing unfortunately.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited May 2019
    Nevermind. This works best as a PM.

This. It doesn't take more than two months to include the terms in the game.

When you ask Google for a refund they say ask the developer, when you ask Beamdog for a refund they say ask Google.

We paid for the games and they (I don't care if it was Google or Beamdog) stole them from us. They refuse to issue a refund or provide the apks or gog codes for the games that they stole. Then they even have the nerve to accuse me of advocating piracy despite the fact that they are the only ones who have stolen anything here. I paid for the games on Google play, for the originals on cds and on gog (only for bg1ee and bg2ee on gog).

And that they haven't resolved the issue in two months is insane. It should have been resolved in a few days max either by issuing refunds, fixing the games, providing download links for the apks or giving us gog codes (preferably letting us choose which one we want). Instead all we have gotten is a bunch of excuses and blame shifting.

The entire thing is totally unacceptable. And will certainly make me never buy a game where you don't get a drm free copy that you can backup yourself just in case of any such scenario.
    Pirrie wrote: »

If you read from the beginning you'd have seen they are incorporating the privacy policy into a new build, hence the delay. Bad timing unfortunately.

It doesn't take two months to recompile the game with the privacy policy included. Even on a 486.

Less of the 'us' please S1T1N. I'd rather they take more time and ensure the build is done properly.

Including the privacy policy and recompiling the game does not require that much time. Even if you triple check that you didn't break anything.

Including the privacy policy and recompiling the game does not require that much time. Even if you triple check that you didn't break anything.

It does if they have multiple projects and cannot dedicate all their time.
    edited May 2019

It does if they have multiple projects and cannot dedicate all their time.
    Then issue refunds.

Or hire more developers & testers.

But then why would they? They got our money already.

Unless one of those projects is bg3 where you can get so powerful that your characters would make the ones from the end of TOB look like lvl 1 characters look compared to the ones from TOB and there's an actual option to be evil (not a murder hobo, but start an evil empire evil or invade a good plane evil and so on). I don't care about it.
    Whisp3
    edited May 2019
    And no answer yet, no money yet, no games yet. Fact is that what they've done is fraud.

Plain and simple.

And they'll get away with it because they are too big to fight and no police force/prosecutor gives a fuck about going after them because they have every advantage you can think off. Even if they eventually lost the lawsuit they can afford to drag it out for years...

Of course if you're Google you can evade taxes, steal from people, break all kinds of privacy laws and nothing will happen..... Either the USA, EU or China could come down on them hard, but the USA wont because it's their company and shares the data they collect about you with their spy agencies, develop image recognition software for guided weapons, bribe (er lobby) enough politicians, ... the EU is unfortunately to divided to do anything and China wont do anything because they help them with their censorship/spying too.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
  • kkadenkkaden Member Posts: 3
    We'll include a part about this issue into this month's blog update.

And when will the Blog of the Month be posted? We're half way through May and haven't seen a blog post in nearly two months.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited May 2019
    @kkaden There was a report in April

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75182/beamdog-q-a-april-2019

Nothing relevant about this matter, though.
    lolienlefreut
  • gtraxgtrax Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2019
    I would really like to know what would you do, JuliusBorisov, if you had paid someone good money for a service in advance and they refused to provide you with the requested service or a refund. I guess we'll have to wait for the "May Blog" to find out. FYI it's almost June.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    gtrax wrote: »
    I guess we'll have to wait for the "May Blog" to find out. FYI it's almost June.
    Fyi:
    The new blog entry is under review.

JuliusBorisov
  • Inferno787Inferno787 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2019
    I'm sure if they could get the game out fast they would. They are not making money with the game gone from the store. It's not like it's some sinister plan to keep your money and laugh about it. Patience. I know it's tough because I am missing my Icewind :neutral:
    StummvonBordwehrlolienJuliusBorisov
  • PacoSquirrelPacoSquirrel Member Posts: 2
    @JuliusBorisov
    Is there any true ETA? As a programmer I find implementing a UI element into the game taking over 2 months (even with the back and forth with Google) a bit absurd. I feel as though a lack of timeline is truly frustrating and also unprofessional. This isn't a brand new AAA title, but a title that needed mending due to Google policy. Obviously other titles you have released have complied with Google's policy, so you do know how to do this. I would like a refund on my purchase, but as many of my frustrated pals on here have made so clear that isn't going to happen. So instead, I'll wait for the game to be restored, if ever, and I will never spend a dime on any product Beamdog or anyone on the development team releases.
    gtrax
  • legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    They always say they're working.
    Nothing changes.
    We probably will not have bg2ee and iwdee this year.
    I think they are not capable or responsible.
    Or maybe both.
    I have never said anything aggressive on this site, but I can not take it anymore.
    I'll never buy beamdog's product.
    lefreut
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    It is a long time to wait for something you already paid to use, I agree. But it was Google that decided to handle it in this way. Beamdog has limits on how they can distribute the code and access to it. DRM is a real pain, licensing agreements can get complicated, and Google likes stepping on other people's dicks.
    StummvonBordwehrPrince_Raymond
  • PacoSquirrelPacoSquirrel Member Posts: 2
    shabadoo wrote: »
    So Beamdog gets to take the full brunt of everyone's frustration, when it's Google that pulled these games from their store. I'm sure none of you are threatening to never buy from Google again, and they are the ones who did this. They could've just as easily allowed them to remain in the store and required an update from the developer to address the privacy policy changes.

Do you not see the lack of information regarding the issue? No timeline? Picking and choosing comments to reply to? Sure. Google was the one to remove the games. But we, as this products consumers, deserve a timeline in goods we have paid for.
  • Inferno787Inferno787 Member Posts: 5
    Hello everyone!

The blog is live.

We’re working on adding a UI element to both games that will allow the player to access our Privacy Policy from within the game, as per Google’s updated policy requirements. Sorry it’s taking a while for this to get into everyone’s hands. There was some back and forth time with Google’s review team to pinpoint exactly what needed to be done, and there is still some work and QA to be done.

Google is really splitting hairs here. Who the heck cares where the policy is as long as it's somewhere. This is bureaucratic b.s. from foogle
    Prince_Raymondshabadoo
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    I totally understand everyone's frustration with the delays. I've had to wait weeks for relies from friggin' support. Especially with no option for a refund. I'm just saying don't put all the blame on Beamdog.
    Prince_Raymond