Skip to content

How is your summer, everyone?

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
Just was wondering how the folks here are spending their summer.

1280px-Sea_Garden_%28Varna%29.jpg

I will start my vacation on Monday and will be majorly away from the forum for the next 4 weeks. How has the summer been to you so far?

Comments

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Fabulous. There was a hellish week of 30+ C in May, but ever since it's been 15-18 with clouds and occasional rain. Couldn't ask for a better weather.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Sweaty.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Pretty good. I'm going to be in Spain and Portugal from Aug 23 to Sept 7th. So I'm looking forward to that. Gonna be a bit of a scorcher though.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Hot and wet, in all the worst ways. We regularly gets temps close to 100F, with 94-98% humidity. I HATE midwest summers.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Currently residing in tropical Singapore where it's NEVER not hot and humid. ;) Thank Gond for air conditioning!

Enjoy your vacation, Julius!
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Summer, my summer has just been a nonstop worry.. And what makes it all worse is the summer use to be my favorite time of the year, longer days, warmer days, and things usually being more positive.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    DragonKing wrote: »
    Summer, my summer has just been a nonstop worry.. And what makes it all worse is the summer use to be my favorite time of the year, longer days, warmer days, and things usually being more positive.

There's still time left in summer. I hope you'll be able to enjoy it.
    deltago wrote: »
    Va-ca-tion? What's that?! Is that where you go get vaccinated or something?

My summer has been busier than usual but I still get to enjoy the patio once and awhile even if its just a morning cup of coffee.

Hey, working and working adds up quick. Get some rest!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

There's still time left in summer. I hope you'll be able to enjoy it.
    deltago wrote: »
    Va-ca-tion? What's that?! Is that where you go get vaccinated or something?

My summer has been busier than usual but I still get to enjoy the patio once and awhile even if its just a morning cup of coffee.

Hey, working and working adds up quick. Get some rest!

My work is fun though (most of the time). I might quit my job and drive across Canada with a friend. Have like a week to decide to do it (and even less time to prep for it).
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the summer has been very interesting this year where i live in canada

normally around this time of year forest fires are out of control so the sky is filled with smoke, and then usually get hit by heat waves of 35+ C

but this summer, there has been a lot of rain, in fact i dont think it has ever rained this much all year never mind just the one season, and to be honest its been great

now days at the hottest are only hitting 30 C and sometimes even in the low or mid 20s because of it, and because there is no forest fires ( or at least ones causing problems around my area that i know of ) i can actually enjoy the outdoors for the first time in ages

plus, i've been having lots of free time lately, i've been messing around with the stock market, slowly learning the ropes of how to invest, and so far i've been making enough that i don't need to work as long as i keep to a modest living ( which is what i did normally anyway )

so with that, i found a new or rekindled passion; track and field

when i was in school i loved track and field and it was always something i wanted to do when i was an adult ( and perhaps even one day compete in serious competitions ) but then high school messed that up when they cancelled the track team in grade 8, and they didn't bring it back until i was in grade 10 and i didnt join back until the last year of high school of grade 12

so anyways, for the last couple of years, i've been thinking about it and just wanting to get back into it, so i purchased some track stuff ( 16 lb shot, 2 KG discus, a 50 metre tape measure, some white flags ) and started do track events again

and its been great, im loving every bit of it, and best of all, i even met two coaches at our athletics park who have been helping to teach me on throwing techniques for discus which has been great, and now i really want to get back into the competition game and compete in discus and shot put, i have a lot of work ahead of me, but im loving every bit of it, the weight training, the technique training, i want to go the athletics park every day, but i know thats not going to help because then i will be over doing it, but my spark is turning into a bonfire for how much i enjoy it

plus i like doing other events as well, i wont be doing them for competition, but i will be doing them just for fun and such, and those are the 100M, 400M and long jump ( which has always been my favourite ), and despite the fact that i have a thrower's body and my weight is huge, my goal is still to hit that 6 metre distance in long jump, im just over 4 metres now, so just another couple more metres and i will be happy :)

so yeah, its been great so far, with improvement happening every week, and hopefully one day i can compete for placement in the future
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    You just reminded that we haven't had a serious fire here this year. Snuggled up against the Rockies, we usually have at least one sending smoke and ash down into the city. Oh no... I hope i didn't jinx it.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    This summer... This summer has revealed that i have lost something. My drawings have declined in quality, it feels like a battle just to start something. I feel like I'm swimming against a current a current of failure that has already won and I'm just struggling to keep my head above water and not very well...

I've just been fooling myself from the beginning.
  • DaxTheTrillDaxTheTrill Member Posts: 11
    Summer has been good. I didn't get arrested this year, so no complains there.

Been watching a lot of Pixel Dan on youtube, if you know him. Its all about toys for big kids. Because we are all big kids at heart.

Well there is this one video with a random guy lurking in the back the whole time.. makes me wanna try to do this to people... And see if I can do it without getting arrested. Just because it seems fun.
    https://urbancosplayers.com/hellspawned-cosplay-background-cosplayer-became-the-star/

P.S. I have only been arrested twice (I think that's average for most people..is it not)
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    This summer... This summer has revealed that i have lost something. My drawings have declined in quality, it feels like a battle just to start something. I feel like I'm swimming against a current a current of failure that has already won and I'm just struggling to keep my head above water and not very well...

I've just been fooling myself from the beginning.

Sounds to me like you've lost your inspiration. Break up your routine a little bit, do some things outside your comfort zone. Rediscover that inspiration, or a new source of it.