Skip to content

Your favorite quote (Spoilers)

Comments

• GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited April 2013
    DON'T POKE DRIZZT! 'Tis entirely unsociable.
    -----

Larze: Huurm, I be Larze. You be Harris. Don't try to deny it. You should not have come to Baldur's Gate. You given many warnings before, but you ignore them. Now you must pay. Sorry, but Larze must kill.
    Harris: Wait one moment you big oaf. Why would you think that I'm Harris? Do I look like I could be that kind of hero? Harris is a juggernaut of destruction, with flaming eyes, and a roaring voice. My companions and I, we're just normal folks.
    Larze: Huh? But you must be Harris. Me see picture, and it look like you. It had no fire eyes or big voice, though pictures don't have voices. Hmmmmm. I confused.
    Harris: Larze, my poor confused ogre. There is only one thing for you to do. You have to go back and take a closer look at the picture. I'm sure once you've had a second look, you'll know what a big mistake you've made. Now run along, we'll be waiting right here.
    Larze: Yes! Good idea. Larze will find picture and see for sure. You will wait here until Larze gets back.
    [Deleted User]Quartz
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    [Deleted User]EudaemoniumSCARY_WIZARD
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Samus said:

When charmed Reevor says: Petulant, snivelling rat's dung, that's all you are...

I assume you are using 'charmed' ironically, then.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]tbone1
  • StarlilyStarlily Member Posts: 97
    TJ_Hooker said:

@Senash
    It's a possible response you can make while speaking to Portalbenderwinden. If I recall correctly, he's some hermit that you run into in one of the wilderness areas (I want to say one of maps that is right along the coast?). I think he makes some sort of cryptic remark, and that's one of CHARNAME's dialogue options.

He's in areaAR4300, toward the lower south east side of the map. I looked on Game Banshee site a few minutes ago to see if it was marked. It wasn't. I've run into him twice now. Odd fellow. I think he has dyslexia of the mouth. :D
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Starlily said:

TJ_Hooker said:

@Senash
    It's a possible response you can make while speaking to Portalbenderwinden. If I recall correctly, he's some hermit that you run into in one of the wilderness areas (I want to say one of maps that is right along the coast?). I think he makes some sort of cryptic remark, and that's one of CHARNAME's dialogue options.

He's in areaAR4300, toward the lower south east side of the map. I looked on Game Banshee site a few minutes ago to see if it was marked. It wasn't. I've run into him twice now. Odd fellow. I think he has dyslexia of the mouth. :D
    Every time I'm not roleplaying, I run into this guy North of Nashkel and yell at him.
    [Deleted User]abazigal5
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Make you into pudding ...mmm pudding
    GemHound
    Eudaemonium
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    "Don't touche me, I'm super important." by Beregost Mayor guy at the temple.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Jenzafar
  • LisaralinLisaralin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 258
    "... one day... one day..." - Edwin
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    "HA! A good saying! I will use your head for a puppet and make it say it over and over while we drink large amounts of mead! Life is pretty good, you know? "
    Mortianna[Deleted User]Arcalian
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296

"HA! A good saying! I will use your head for a puppet and make it say it over and over while we drink large amounts of mead! Life is pretty good, you know? "

We appear to have entered loop territory.

My own contribution: "Do you clean pack sometimes, or just pretend?" -Cespenar
  • CronatosCronatos Member Posts: 44
    Minsc: Yes! Lead evil by example, and one day we need no longer put the boots to those that stray off the path of goodness into the muck and bile of villainy and track great bloody footprints across our lily white tiles! Boo will have clean wood shavings you evil bastards!
    CHARNAME: Oooooh kaaaay.
    [Deleted User]SCARY_WIZARDArcalian
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

hmm...who said this? I can say I remember it being said and liking it, but I don't remember who delivered this piece of gem.

• NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    Southpaw said:

hmm...who said this? I can say I remember it being said and liking it, but I don't remember who delivered this piece of gem.

Drasus at Cloakwood Forest.

Krystin : "I don't know, Slythe. They're so big and threatening... Oh, my mistake, I was thinking of someone else."
    From Jase

"Big dummies. If my buddy Albert were here he'd turn you inside out or somethin'. His mom lets him go wherever he wants, 'cuz he's tough. He'd smack you good!"

IsabellaGrangerSCARY_WIZARD
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    "Tell me 'bout the rabbits." Xzar (his best banter with his mad voice)
    "Stop touching me!" (2° best, very funny)
    "I know of dragons with feet like rabbits, 'tis true, I swear." (3° better)
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    "It's probably just a wild surge" - Charname to Neera
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Southpaw said:

Quartz said:

Southpaw said:

Tresset said:

I really like Aerie's improved war cries from ToB if you are romancing her.

I really don't . . . like . . . Aerie . . .

Running witty_retorts.exe

Press 1: I really don't . . . care . . .
    Press 2: Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
    Press 2! Press 2!
    Nah...really. I played with every NPC in BG2ToB, but never liked Aerie with her constant whining. Or that jerk Anomen for that matter. Or Jaheira, sometimes...
    But that's the beauty of it...if you don't like them, you don't play with them so ... yeah, well, that's just like, my opinion man.
    Well, people are entitled to their opinions, even when they are just very, very wrong. :)

Personally, I don't mind if Aerie confides in someone she trusts, and if you don't want her to talk to you about her wings you can just tell her so and she won't.

Naturally, my favorite is the cinnamon cookies dialogue between Aerie and Imoen in ToB.
    MalicronSCARY_WIZARD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    [Deleted User]MalicronMoomintrollSCARY_WIZARD
    edited December 2013
    Denying Hairtooth any gold to pass over the bridge.

"Yeah! We kill you, take stuff, and get gold anyway! Dumb head!"
    Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
    SCARY_WIZARDJenzafar
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Winthrop: "My hotel is clean as an elven arse."
    IsabellaGrangerSCARY_WIZARDXcidium
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    "Hey, don't click me! I don't want any trouble!"
    IsabellaGrangerSCARY_WIZARDArcalian
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Starlily said:

TJ_Hooker said:

@Senash

"I once knew this guy called dibby he threw rocks at me, are you going to throw rocks at me?"
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SCARY_WIZARDAristilliusdustbubsytbone1
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Round 1 *ding*

Tiana: You! Have you seen my husband?! I know he's in here somewhere!

Charname: Er... who, might I ask, is your husband?

Tiana: Rumar! Lord Rumar! You know who I'm talking about! EVERYONE here knows who I'm talking about! He's meeting HER here again!

Rumar's around here somewhere! No one will tell me where he is! But I'll get him... and his cheap slattern, too!

YOU HEAR THAT, RUMAR?! I WILL GET YOU FOR THIS!

Charname: Actually, I think I saw him leave a few minutes ago.

Tiana: Liar! I know he's here! There has to be somewhere I haven't looked! RUMAR! RUMAR, I'M COMING FOR YOOOOUUU!

Round 2 *ding*

Tiana: You! Have you seen my husband?! I know he's in here somewhere!

Charname: Actually, I met him in the back rooms. Perhaps you could find him there.

Tiana: What?! Back rooms?!

You! Let me into these 'back rooms'! This instant!

Coronet Guard: Er... ah... yes, ma'am. Right away, ma'am...

Round 3 *ding*

Tiana: Rumar! RUMAR!

Rumar: D-d-darling?

Tiana: Don't you 'darling' me! You will come home with me this very instant!

Rumar: Y-y-yes, dear...

Priss: No! You can't have him! He's mine!

Tiana: One more word out of you, wench, and it'll be your last!

Priss: Wench?! WENCH?! Listen here, you old harpy...!

Tiana: HARPY?! That's IT!

Rumar: G-g-girls... ladies... d-don't fight!

Round 4 *ding*

Rumar: Tiana...? My wife...? You fought for me...

Tiana: You are damned right I did!

Rumar: Oh, darling! I'm so sorry! Let's go home, all right, sweetums?
    [Deleted User]IsabellaGrangerSCARY_WIZARD