Skip to content

[mod] Tangled Oak Isle

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    Uhm... how is that possible you don't have him? I don't think he should ever leave. Also on the Wiki I don't see any information that he leaves after some quest...

Anyway, you can use C:SetGlobal("L#NIMainQuest","GLOBAL",31) and C:CreateItem("L#NIMB")
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @LavaDelVortel

Don't use Quataris, Unfinished Business adds a Haer'Dalis related quest which causes him to leave.
    Kinda too late considering it's already there and it's translated into different languages. If any of you have a variable that's set upon the leave, then let me know. Perhaps I'll make him appear for the sake of the Tangled Oak quest.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    AionZ wrote: »
    @LavaDelVortel

Don't use Quataris, Unfinished Business adds a Haer'Dalis related quest which causes him to leave.

just do the tangeled oak mod quest before you do Haer'Dalis's.
    I know how to make it work just fine, but I'm not working on updating this mod right now. Until the new version is up, just do the Tangled Oak quest first. But no worries, I will implement a walkaround for this.
  • ArianorrArianorr Member Posts: 15
    Thanks guys, you re great! Its like AionZ said - he disappeared after this quest, and one more thing just for the mention, I had also this problem in the cave - none of the spells worked on the boulder, but console hepled again.
  • hippofanthippofant Member Posts: 35
    FYI @Arianorr, the Baldur's Gate Wiki has a lot of the console codes for characters and areas and items. It's under Technical Information (you have to click to expand it): https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Quataris
    Could someone translate this into French?
    ~The art merchant is gone, but perhaps he left the music box somewhere here?~

Thank you!
  • Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    Le marchand d'art est parti, mais peut-être qu'il a laissé la boîte à musique quelque part ?
    Thank you!
    edited February 2021
    A small update was released (v2.10) - it includes an improved cave script by @argent77 and a workaround for those that no longer have Quataris in their game due to some reason.

If Quataris is no longer there, go to the place where he would normally stand. If variable from UB's Haer'Dalis quest is set, Quataris is not there, but you are, then you will see a note over your head that states Quataris is nowhere to be found, but maybe he left the music box. You will find it in the bag near Quataris' usual place. That should make it possible for you to continue the quest.

Thanks to @Adam_en_tium @Austin87 and @AionZ the note is available in all language versions.

@hippofant - it looks like something got quite messed up in your installation because while the door is open in the main file, the very first script in that location locks it, to make sure the first time you visit it, it's all set correctly. I hope your next run with the new version will work better :)

Cheers!
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
    The new version is up! Version 2.20 includes a Polish translation by @memory, proofread by @Roberciiik
    Thanks, guys!
  • weipin_howeipin_ho Member Posts: 4
    I am supposed to find a old house with no lights in the tangled oak but I went through all the house in the map and can't seem to find anything. Did I do something wrong?
    Rest and check the map. You will see light coming from almost every door during the night. One of the houses, though, will remain dark. In that house you will find an item that belonged to the man you are to find.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I am not sure if a bug I am seeing is related to this, but it did start after installing this (could be coincidence). I took Moomik's quest to kill the snake. When I go to Firkrags ruins, I can't enter them anymore. I use the console to get in, but wanted to call this out in case it is mod related.
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    I had a lot of fun with this one, thanks Lava. Would you happen to be a fan of a the fantasy series called Malazan? I can't explain it very well because I haven't finished reading yet, but something about the way the tree gets infected and cleansed reminded me of Malazan.
    Sorry, never heard of it, but will take a look at it when I've got a sec! :)
    Thanks for your kind words!
    You're going to need to need a lot of time for Malazan. It is dark fantasy, 10 books, about 10,000 pages combined. Not an easy read, but it is one long series without any real main characters. The authors were both anthropologists however, so they have quite a lot of relevant skills when it comes to world building and inventing a history that seems plausible and real.
    Thanks for letting me know about this! :)
    edited June 2021
    Don't thank me yet, it is some of the sickest shit put to paper, worse than what I could ever dream of.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    Like most of your mods, this one is beautiful and filled with interesting quests. Thanks!

However, I noticed one problem: the names of all the characters in the area have been replaced with the names of items (e.g., "Copper ring", "Staff of Pines +4", "Chains of Purple Scout", etc.) or item descriptions (e.g., "This chainmail is shivering with magic...").

Everything else seems to work fine (the items themselves have their correct names and descriptions). I've completed the main "Oak" quest, the copper ring quest, the golem quest, and the "air freshener" quest (I have yet to kill the snake for the Xvart or find the murderer).

I've installed the mod on v. 2.6.6 of BG2EE, so perhaps that's the problem. (However, your other "Athkalta" mods -- the Ooze Lounge and the Southern Edge -- work fine.)
    edited June 2021
    Like a day or two ago I uploaded a new version, mostly because for some reason one of the tra wasn't loading properly so added LOAD_TRA to make sure lines are taken from the correct file.
    Not sure why that happened, if that's some WeiDU incompatibility with the new patch or what...
    Thanks!
    So I guess the version I'm using is not the most recent version (I installed it last week)?

Good to know that the problem already has been solved! :)
    https://www.weaselmods.net/showthread.php?tid=380&pid=944#pid944
    That's when I fixed it. It was 06-06-2021, 07:37 PM so 5 days ago. There is a huge chance you had and old version. Sorry, it's been only recently that the problem was reported.
    Ha! I missed the fixed version by a few hours. Oh well, next time... :)
    Well, you have a reason to play it yet again next time! :)
    edited June 2021
    I thought that I would mention that the "book club" scenario is one of my all-time favourites! Great work. :)
    Post edited by Thrasymachus on
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Superb work, as usual! You are one of the most prolific and talented modders out there! Please keep doing what you are doing, sir! Thank you very much!
    Uhm, thank you! I'm not planning to retire just yet.
    Cheers! :)
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    I searched the entire correct place for Moomik's enemies (snake, whatever) and nothing. Even after using Clairvoyance, I can't find anything.