Skip to content

[mod] Tangled Oak Isle

Comments

• UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    I had the tainted blood purified by Ribald, and collected the blood of a Silver Dragon. Now that
    I have the Flesh Suit, who do I take that to? It mentioned about taking it to Fael of Umar hills, but there is no dialogue from him to upgrade it.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    Wasn't that like in the original game that you first need to buy that specific book from him?
    https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Finish_the_leather_armor_begun_by_Rejiek_Hidesman
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited August 2021
    @LavaDelVortel This looks amazing, thank you for your hard work!!
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the door going IN to the cavern is party required. The door going OUT is not. I had one of my party leave, but then couldn't get back in until the rest of the party left.
    Thanks, will fix it.
    edited October 2021
    One last thing, and this is very minor. In the "Prayer to the Grove by Sora Kuochi", you write "Lady of the Groove, Tear of Time". While humorous in its own right, I suspect you meant "Lady of the Grove". Although, in light of the story, that one may have been intentional?

In the follow-up text, I think you meant to say "iron" or "iron-like", not "irony"
    It's a mistake that suits the story well, considering the circumstances and what are in-game opinions on that text. Oh, it's soooo tempting to keep it as the groove.
    edited October 2021
    Yup, I actually kind of wondered if it was intentional given the circumstances in the story.

It's the next book, the last one in the series, that I was referring to with "iron", though.

That said, I really like Tangled Oak Isle. It is a wonderful mod that adds a lot to Athkatla, and to me, brings back some of the flavor of a real D&D campaign. It has almost nothing to do with the main protagonist or their special heritage, which is refreshing, and adds a bit of color.
    Thank you! :)
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    I noticed a weird bug:
    I can actually make the entrance to the dragon cave appear during my first visit to the crystal cave just by standing close to the hidden entrance. If I open the entrance, I will break the quest later on (the scene won't trigger when the appropriate time comes).

If I do not open the entrance during my first visit, instead, wait for Finn's direction to check the cave with illusion dispelling magic first, and then visit it, the same problem may still happen if I let the entrance discovered automatically by just standing close without using the magic.

The only way to make this quest continue properly is, I must not stand too close to the entrance, then cast the true seeing spell to reveal the entrance, only then I can trigger the cutscene once I enter it.
    edited January 2022
    Weird... I may need to look into it. Thanks.

@marcnivar - "just by standing close to the hidden entrance" do you mean that you can detect it without usage of any magic, like a natural hidden door?
    Weird... I may need to look into it. Thanks.

@marcnivar - "just by standing close to the hidden entrance" do you mean that you can detect it without usage of any magic, like a natural hidden door?

Yes
    edited January 2022
    May I know who sell the music box?

---

Quataris disappeared (story reason) in my game hence I cannot buy the music box from him for this MOD. I think I have to find back which MOD caused his disappearance (forgotten).
    The Unfinished business. I'm wondering... I might have implemented a fix. Check his table or a bag or other containters near the place he would normally be found.
    The Unfinished business. I'm wondering... I might have implemented a fix. Check his table or a bag or other containters near the place he would normally be found.

Yes, the Haer Dalis's quest from UB...thanks I got the music box from the container :)
    Yep, I knew such fix may become helpful at some point, haha. You're welcome!
    Hi Lava, is the the correct spot for Moomik's enemy to spawn? I run around here but no snake
    51794406797_7d71f06fac_k.jpg
    edited January 2022
    As in script: 4100.2100. I'm not sure why he's not there, if you haven't killed him. You sure you took the quest? Is the variable set to 2? ( Global("L#NIMoomikJob","GLOBAL",2) )

In case you wanted to reset the spawn script: C:SetGlobal("L#NICreateSnake","GLOBAL",1)

The creature name is "L#NISNA"... in case you wanted to spawn it.
    As in script: 4100.2100. I'm not sure why he's not there, if you haven't killed him. You sure you took the quest? Is the variable set to 2? ( Global("L#NIMoomikJob","GLOBAL",2) )

In case you wanted to reset the spawn script: C:SetGlobal("L#NICreateSnake","GLOBAL",1)

The creature name is "L#NISNA"... in case you wanted to spawn it.

Global("L#NIMoomikJob","GLOBAL",2) is set as 2 in my game. I took the quest and I think I didn't kill any snake before. Can the snake appear before taking the quest?

C:SetGlobal("L#NICreateSnake","GLOBAL",1 does not work in my game.

Anyway, spawning the creature and killing it fixed the problem.

Ugh, I made a type and I meant C:SetGlobal("L#NICreateSnake","GLOBAL",2), but if it was 2, then it wouldn't matter. Anyway, it it's fixed already then nevermind. And no, the snake spawns only when you have the quest. Will look into it.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    Ugh, I made a type and I meant C:SetGlobal("L#NICreateSnake","GLOBAL",2), but if it was 2, then it wouldn't matter. Anyway, it it's fixed already then nevermind. And no, the snake spawns only when you have the quest. Will look into it.
    Hi, just wanted you to know that I encountered the same bug, and modifying variables didn't spawn Tomblo. I had to spawn it with the console.
    I wander if it happens if we first go to Windspear Hills before talking to the quest giver.
    The script here is really simple:
    IF
    Global("L#NIMoomikJob","GLOBAL",2)
    Global("L#NICreateSnake","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    CreateCreature("L#NISNA",[4100.2100],0)
    SetGlobal("L#NICreateSnake","GLOBAL",1)
    END
    The variable Global("L#NIMoomikJob","GLOBAL",2) is set once you accept the quest. That's why it's strange. And whether you visit the area before taking the quest, because the condition Global("L#NIMoomikJob","GLOBAL",2) isn't met. I have no idea why some would experience the bug. I may look for an additional solution, but it's a strange case.
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 58
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Hi, just wanted you to know that I encountered the same bug, and modifying variables didn't spawn Tomblo. I had to spawn it with the console.
    I wander if it happens if we first go to Windspear Hills before talking to the quest giver.

I've been to the Windspear Hills before talking to him and the snake spawned later when i began the quest. Mod conflict perhaps?
    edited May 2022
    The only possible way would be if there was a mod that overrides the script of that area, but I don't think anyone sane would do such a thing. So yea, the mystery remains!
  • shaelmagisshaelmagis Member Posts: 10
    Hello there. What is old fish for? Is it needed for something?
    There is a young girl in the area, it may be used in her quest.
    There is a young girl in the area, it may be used in her quest.
    Harsh Motherhood quest, right?
    Yes.
    Yes.

Thank you) I already did this quest, so for next playthrough I'll use old fish)
    And I love your mods, btw - they are awesome)
    Thank you! :)