Skip to content

[MOD] Shades of the Sword Coast

1161718192022»

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,827
    Woah, writing all that down must have been a lot of work! Thanks!
    There are also these forgable items, but even I don't remember where I placed all the components 😅
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 559
    edited July 29
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Isewein wrote: »
    PS: @michael_snow IIRC, Abbathor is a quest from the Breagar NPC mod.

There is a "Serpents of Abbathor" quest in Ascalon's Quest Pack.
    Yes, it's from Ascalon's questpack, not Breagar NPC.

Iirc, it was originally part of the NPC mod and then moved to the quest pack, hence the confusion.

@LavaDelVortel I for one am really glad that it is that way! Modularity is great, but new content actually acknowledging new content is even better (and rare enough in the modding scene, alas).
  • BrockBrock Member Posts: 14
    Woah, writing all that down must have been a lot of work! Thanks!
    There are also these forgable items, but even I don't remember where I placed all the components 😅

Quick question: as far as I can tell there are conflicts with these mods. Can you confirm this? I would like to test the mod, but I can't do without some of it.

+ Secret of Bone Hill (EET)
    + The Grey Clan Episode 1
    + Indira NPC
    + Lure of the Sirine's Call
    + Dark Side of the Sword Coast for EET
    + Finch NPC
    + Gavin NPC
    + Mur'Neth NPC
    + BG1 NPC Project
    edited August 23
    No. As far as I know there are no conflicts with these mods. However I do not play with some of these, but I don't think any significant incompatibilities were reported lately.

I believe the question may come because of the EET Install Tool or something like that, so let me just leave this link here:
    https://www.weaselmods.net/showthread.php?tid=1158
  • inethineth Member Posts: 742
    edited August 24
    The Stone of Askavar places a cave entrance on the Area North of Nashkel map in the same spot as Shades' "The Melting Man".

So basically you'll end up with two overlapping travel triggers that each get activated during their respective quests, and then remain activated:
    xCegZQi.png
    (I had Stone before Shades in my install order, but did the quest from Shades first, and could complete both quests just fine that way. But I suppose there could be situations where a player wants to enter one of those two caves but the other cave's travel trigger "wins".)

Maybe the other "incompatibilities" are similar cases?
    Though I can't immediately think of any incompatibility with The Grey Clan Episode 1, Lure of the Sirine's Call, Dark Side of the Sword Coast, and BG1 NPC Project, and haven't tried the other listed mods.
    The Stone of Askavar and Shades are fine working together. If the Melting Man quest is active, the quest character will leave the cavern and stay outside the cave. After you approach him you, he will say:

~The cave collapsed and got bigger and... they are just too many spiders. I suppose I'll stay outside for now.~

So yes, that one was handled years ago. I think there was a tiny problem with Eldoth from NPC Project and the Friendly Arm Inn quest, but that is also handled in a similar way. If the problem appears, Eldoth will say:

~Eh, if you really need to talk to him, do it without me. Let me stay next to the inn entrance or let me go upstairs. He'll be more talkative when I'm not around, I presume.~

...telling players directly how to handle the problem in an immersive way.

Another thing was a possible interaction with the wild magic and it was also fixed thanks to Jastey and GraionDilach:
    https://github.com/Gibberlings3/BG1NPC/pull/105

Each of these fixes is like 1+ year(s) old so... yeah.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 742
    Ah, nice.
    Forget I said anything. :)
    Why? :P At least people now know what it more or less looks like :) I've been asked before about these two mods using the same cave entrance :) All's fine :) Cheers!