Skip to content

[MOD] Infinity UI++ Beta v0.73

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    edited April 13
    Brecher wrote: »
    Ammar wrote: »
    I have an issue with my class showing up as Fighter/Illusionist {K=26, C=1}{K=0, C=7} on some, but not all screens. What is affected seems to be: Character Stats, Spell Menu and Character Creation after selecting a class.

What's not affected is Inventory and Character Creation before selecting a class (i.e. I get a list of classes which looks normally, after I first select one all the classes have a string similar to the one above behind them).

I suspect it is some sort of numeric encoding of my classes, and I also think this is some interaction with another mod instead of just an issue with this UI mod. Relevant ones might include EEx, SCS and Tweaks Anthology including the ones that allow basically every race to pick any class combination. Also several content mods like npc project, minor encounters, Gorgon, Dark Hearts, the Calling, Seatower, and Shades of the Sword Coast.

Anyone got any thoughts what could cause this? Otherwise the install seems to play fine, but I haven't played far in. Still, all dialogue and abilities seem to be working.

It's SCS.
    https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/37857-3510-a-few-more-kxcy-spotted/
    There is no compatibility of SCS 35.10 and Infinity UI++ yet. This will come at a later stage, I guess...

Thanks, I also tried to change install order a bit and it really seems like it is SCS. Anyone got any experience if the issue more than just cosmetic? I guess I could live with it if it is just a weird string showing up. Played for about 15 mins and everything else seemed normal, but always would like to avoid into a plot breaker hours down the road.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 504
    It's just cosmetic.
    Some feedback with latest beta :
    - books are in alphabetical order, so with roman numbers some are not in the correct one. History of the North IX is listed before History of the North V
    - SoD books are not registered
    - bestiary seems to weirdly works, I can kill hundred of the same monsters without having a new entry. If the monster is killed by a foe, the entry updates much faster
    - the "continue game" button doesn't work in the SoD part

Amazing UI. Thanks for your work.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,188
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on a new bestiary now, the current one lists bg1 (vanilla) monsters, and worked just as a proof of concept. New one will list all common bg, sod, bg2 and iwd monsters, even some bosses and the layout will be redesigned a bit. The core function will remain the same however, the entry is triggered whenever the "Creature - Death" string appears in the messagebox. It comes with some drawbacks, but I haven't find out any better way.
  • stesmistesmi Member Posts: 8
    edited April 15
    I tried installing InfinityUI++ using Project Infinity using the following settings:
    DlcMerger:1;DLC Merger - Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC
    EET:0;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET) - EET core (resource importation)
    infinity_ui:0;infinity_ui - Install Infinity UI++ Core Component
    infinity_ui:1;infinity_ui - Add Transparent Tooltip Background
    infinity_ui:2;infinity_ui - Update several strings in Dialog.tlk
    infinity_ui:8;infinity_ui - 6
    EET_Tweaks:4020;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy Tweaks (EET Tweaks) - Higher framerates support
    EET_Tweaks:4060;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy Tweaks (EET Tweaks) - Wand Case
    EET_Tweaks:4070;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy Tweaks (EET Tweaks) - Key Ring
    cd_tweaks_add_bags_of_holding;The Tweaks Anthology - Add Bags of Holding
    cd_tweaks_stores_sell_higher_stacks;The Tweaks Anthology - Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
    cd_tweaks_remove_xp_cap;The Tweaks Anthology - Remove experience cap
    cd_tweaks_alter_prof_bg_with_styles;The Tweaks Anthology - BG-style weapon proficiencies, with weapon styles [the bigg]
    cd_tweaks_max_hp_at_l1;The Tweaks Anthology - Max HP at Level One
    cd_tweaks_higher_hp_at_levelup_max;The Tweaks Anthology - Maximum
    cd_tweaks_bottomless_bags;The Tweaks Anthology - Make Bags of Holding Bottomless
    cd_tweaks_increase_ammo_stacks_infinite;The Tweaks Anthology - Unlimited ammo stacking
    cd_tweaks_increase_gem_stacks_infinite;The Tweaks Anthology - Unlimited jewelry, gem, and miscellaneous item stacking
    cd_tweaks_increase_potion_stacks_infinite;The Tweaks Anthology - Unlimited potion stacking
    cd_tweaks_increase_scroll_stacks_infinite;The Tweaks Anthology - Unlimited scroll stacking
    EEex:0;EEex - EEex
    EEex:2;EEex - Enable effect menu module - LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature
    EEex:4;EEex - Enable timer module - Visual indicators for modal actions, contingencies, and spell/item cooldowns
    EEex:5;EEex - Timer module - Show modal actions (red bar)
    EEex:6;EEex - Timer module - Show contingencies (green bar)
    EEex:7;EEex - Timer module - Show spell/item cooldowns (cyan bar)
    EET_end:0;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET) - End - Standard installation

It seems to work, apart from that I can't initiate a Multiplayer game (local). My wife can join just fine, but instead of her name, I see my own name still. I can assign permissions (use gold, etc) just fine, but when I try to assign a character to her, the Done button does nothing. The same happens if I try to assign it to myself.

It works fine in DragonspearUI++, which we're currently using, using the following settings. Inserted into exactly the same spot.
    dragonspear_ui++:1;Dragonspear UI++ - Install SoD GUI Overhaul Core Component
    dragonspear_ui++:2;Dragonspear UI++ - Add Transparent Tooltip Background
    dragonspear_ui++:3;Dragonspear UI++ - Update several strings in Dialog.tlk
    dragonspear_ui++:9;Dragonspear UI++ - 6
    dragonspear_ui++:10;Dragonspear UI++ - Update portrait Picker
    dragonspear_ui++:11;Dragonspear UI++ - Fix Blurry Portraits

Any easy fix? Apart from continuing to use DragonseparUI++ of course.

// Stefan
    Hi,

I found a bug in either InfinityUI++ or some interaction with another mod:

I can start a local Multiplayer game, and my wife can join (using exactly the same mod setup as me), but her name doesn't change from my name in slot 2. I can assign permissions (use gold, etc). When I try to assign a character to her, the DONE button does nothing at all, only the (cancel? return? back?) button works. Same if I try to assign a character to myself.

If I use Dragonspear UI++ instead, it works as it should, and that's how we're playing right now.

Here's the csv of the settings:
    DlcMerger:1;DLC Merger - Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC
    EET:0;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET) - EET core (resource importation)
    infinity_ui:0;infinity_ui - Install Infinity UI++ Core Component
    infinity_ui:1;infinity_ui - Add Transparent Tooltip Background
    infinity_ui:2;infinity_ui - Update several strings in Dialog.tlk
    infinity_ui:8;infinity_ui - 6
    EET_Tweaks:4020;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy Tweaks (EET Tweaks) - Higher framerates support
    EET_Tweaks:4060;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy Tweaks (EET Tweaks) - Wand Case
    EET_Tweaks:4070;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy Tweaks (EET Tweaks) - Key Ring
    cd_tweaks_add_bags_of_holding;The Tweaks Anthology - Add Bags of Holding
    cd_tweaks_stores_sell_higher_stacks;The Tweaks Anthology - Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
    cd_tweaks_remove_xp_cap;The Tweaks Anthology - Remove experience cap
    cd_tweaks_alter_prof_bg_with_styles;The Tweaks Anthology - BG-style weapon proficiencies, with weapon styles [the bigg]
    cd_tweaks_max_hp_at_l1;The Tweaks Anthology - Max HP at Level One
    cd_tweaks_higher_hp_at_levelup_max;The Tweaks Anthology - Maximum
    cd_tweaks_bottomless_bags;The Tweaks Anthology - Make Bags of Holding Bottomless
    cd_tweaks_increase_ammo_stacks_infinite;The Tweaks Anthology - Unlimited ammo stacking
    cd_tweaks_increase_gem_stacks_infinite;The Tweaks Anthology - Unlimited jewelry, gem, and miscellaneous item stacking
    cd_tweaks_increase_potion_stacks_infinite;The Tweaks Anthology - Unlimited potion stacking
    cd_tweaks_increase_scroll_stacks_infinite;The Tweaks Anthology - Unlimited scroll stacking
    EEex:0;EEex - EEex
    EEex:2;EEex - Enable effect menu module - LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature
    EEex:4;EEex - Enable timer module - Visual indicators for modal actions, contingencies, and spell/item cooldowns
    EEex:5;EEex - Timer module - Show modal actions (red bar)
    EEex:6;EEex - Timer module - Show contingencies (green bar)
    EEex:7;EEex - Timer module - Show spell/item cooldowns (cyan bar)
    EET_end:0;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET) - End - Standard installation

Here's the (working) setup using Dragonspear UI++ instead, replaciong the infinity_ui lines:
    dragonspear_ui++:1;Dragonspear UI++ - Install SoD GUI Overhaul Core Component
    dragonspear_ui++:2;Dragonspear UI++ - Add Transparent Tooltip Background
    dragonspear_ui++:3;Dragonspear UI++ - Update several strings in Dialog.tlk
    dragonspear_ui++:9;Dragonspear UI++ - 6
    dragonspear_ui++:10;Dragonspear UI++ - Update portrait Picker
    dragonspear_ui++:11;Dragonspear UI++ - Fix Blurry Portraits

Any workaround available?

// Stefan
  • DrAzTiKDrAzTiK Member Posts: 58
    I really like the transparent and movable dialog box but I notice that pgup and pg down do not work about increasing or reducing the dialog box.

Imo the inventory menu could be improved a bit coz it seems difficult to pass items from one character to another . maybe you could take some inspiration from Tipun UI

very nice UI.

@stesmi sorry I don't have a workaround, I'll need to check this, strange is that changes to mp screen should have only been cosmetic.

@DrAzTiK are you using the "inventory swap on hover" option? I'm probably going to make that a default mode and the current one will be probably going out entirely in the final release. It was supposed to work differently and better, but during the development, game update changed a behavior it needed. I consider the swap option superior now. How does the tipun ui inventory work?
    It is difficult for me to explain by writing so I have make 2 videos about Tipun's inventory interface :neutral:

Part 1 : https://youtu.be/5kUn3972GnE
    Part 2 : https://youtu.be/ZEG4Qkz9Vr4
    Another weird thing : the introducing chapter text for chapter 10 in SoD was on a black background, without any illustration.
    @Pecca Let me know if there's more info I can get you, screenshots, video, logs, whatever.

I have reverified that the error is in fact there still, with a slightly changed config, essentially reenabling the EE videos again (option 4080 in EET_Tweaks. No, I didn't enable that thinking it might solve anything, just saying that my current config is slightly slightly different than posted above. Same result, and I used clean trees, i.e. remove the EET folder, copy a fresh/vanilla BG2EE in its place, copy a fresh/vanilla BGEE, which I then run everything on, including DLCMerge (as you can see above), just so that there's no remnant, etc messing anything up.

I don't think it makes any difference, but my games are from GOG, both BGEE and BG2EE.

// Stefan
    @DrAzTiK that looks similar to the "inventory swap on hover" option. You can try to use it.
    @stesmi I need to try to reproduce it first. Hopefully on the weekend.
    edited April 19
    Pecca wrote: »
    @DrAzTiK that looks similar to the "inventory swap on hover" option. You can try to use it.

I think I have spoted what is a bit unconfortable (flavour and colours oc). As for me I don't like the option " inventory swap on hover." But playing without this option, it becomes quite tedious to swap items between characters : it looks to no work at all or you need to make a lot of left click in comparaison to the "swap on hover mod" or Tipun GUI.

It could be cool to get the abilitie to swap items between character as good in both mods. ( swap on hover or not)

Also maybe the amount of gold the party have could be displayed in more screen (especially while playing) and in a bigger police.

Bottle in the sea but it could also be nice to be able to tweak 2 differents fonts: the one when you are in dialog with an npc ( usually you want big fonts in this case) and the one in the dialog box displaying combat informations ( usually you need a small font in this case coz you don't like to play with a big dialog while you are fighting, the dialog box often take too much place)

hope what I say makes sense.

cheers
    DrAzTiK wrote: »

I think I have spoted what is a bit unconfortable (flavour and colours oc). As for me I don't like the option " inventory swap on hover." But playing without this option, it becomes quite tedious to swap items between characters : it looks to no work at all or you need to make a lot of left click in comparaison to the "swap on hover mod" or Tipun GUI.

It could be cool to get the abilitie to swap items between character as good in both mods. ( swap on hover or not)

Sorry I don't understand this. Both mods use swap on hover function. What is about the tipun's mod that you like and this mod that you don't like?

DrAzTiK wrote: »

Sorry I don't understand this. Both mods use swap on hover function. What is about the tipun's mod that you like and this mod that you don't like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il_OxAX7POQ
    Released a new version 0.73, with multiplayer screen - assign player fix.
    @DrAzTiK so you'd like to keep the currently selected character and only swap the inventories? That was one of the working versions I had, but it didn't work with the character paperdoll, which is hardcoded. I see that Tipun solved it be removing the paperdoll and use only portrait, which is acceptable solution I suppose. I could implement this as an option.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 124
    Pecca - That's great. I was wondering if it would be hard to you to implement a function where we can change the color of the GUI, i 'm not fond of red so it'd be nicer if i could change it to blue or green or dark beige like in BG 2.
    Released a new version 0.73, with multiplayer screen - assign player fix.

Downloading and trying right away.
    @DrAzTiK so you'd like to keep the currently selected character and only swap the inventories? That was one of the working versions I had, but it didn't work with the character paperdoll, which is hardcoded. I see that Tipun solved it be removing the paperdoll and use only portrait, which is acceptable solution I suppose. I could implement this as an option.

yep. I think it is very convenient, it would be a good option. ;)
    @Pecca It seems to work. We are now in game using InfinityUI++. Thanx a lot!

// Stefan
    Felipefpl wrote: »
    Pecca - That's great. I was wondering if it would be hard to you to implement a function where we can change the color of the GUI, i 'm not fond of red so it'd be nicer if i could change it to blue or green or dark beige like in BG 2.

Complete skins are planned for v1.0 release. You can see the preview in ui++ settings.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 124
    Complete skins are planned for v1.0 release. You can see the preview in ui++ settings.

I see, thanks for the info. :)

edited April 20
    We've found one bug (or is it?).

When I rightclick a bag of holding / gem bag / ammo belt / etc, if I then pull my mouse in over another person's portrait and then hit Open Container, it opens the item in THAT person's inventory in the same slot, so if top person has a Potion Case in the rightmost top position, and the THIRD person has a Bag of Holding in the same spot, it will open the third person's Bag of Holding, and not the first person's Potion Case - and here's the really weird thing - if I'm playing the first, and my wife's playing the third person, it will open it in HER game.

And if I select a character, right click a bag in one position, and then move to say the sixth person, go below the whole window and then to the Open Container-button, it opens the sixth person's container in that slot.

Working as intended? :D

// Stefan
    Also, is it possible to reset the messagebox position? When we went in now, mine was back up in the top-left corner, and my wife's was missing... we thought. It's actually up in the top left corner, 1 pixel large, so the drag-things are right next to each other, and you can't resize it by dragging anything.
    The container issue is engine limitation. It was not meant for item description to be floating and not modal window. However I decided that the advantage of floating description is bigger than the drawback of item ability buttons mixup.

Coordinates are in baldur.lua, named CoorX etc. or something like that. You can also disable the unlocked option to have it at the bottom as in original ui.
    The container issue is engine limitation. It was not meant for item description to be floating and not modal window. However I decided that the advantage of floating description is bigger than the drawback of item ability buttons mixup.

Coordinates are in baldur.lua, named CoorX etc. or something like that. You can also disable the unlocked option to have it at the bottom as in original ui.

Thanx, once we figured out how to work around it, it's not a big issue, sad it can't easily be fixed, but hey, it works for us.

Regarding coordinates, I looked into there and tried finding something with X or Y, but came up blank.

My wife however just looked for "coor" and this is from my Baldur.lua:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','RgMessUnlockedCoor','1588,1769,667,275')

She just entered my numbers and it's now working the way we want it.

Thanx!

// Stefan
  • MephistoSatanDevilMephistoSatanDevil Member Posts: 6
    there is some wrong with chinese. like this:
    https://github.com/Renegade0/InfinityUI/issues/24

When switching to English, it works fine. Is it fixable?

and i have fixed this:https://github.com/Renegade0/InfinityUI/issues/22, and pull it.
    released a new version with the fix.