Skip to content

Fallout 76 confirmed!?

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072

scriver said:

He doesn't say that FO3 is the best game of the series. He says that it's not as bad as the oldschool fans Say.

Are you sure?
    ThacoBell
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

scriver said:

scriver said:

BTW, this is the answer to the ''Fallout 3 is garbage'' video from a few years ago.

It's also just plain wrong, so there's that.
    Why?
    Because at 3 minutes, when I decided to stop listening, I did not agree with what he was saying.
    He doesn't say that FO3 is the best game of the series. He says that it's not as bad as the oldschool fans Say.
    That's a pretty pointless assertion. What matters is whether it is a good Fallout game. It is not.
    That's pretty subjective what makes a good Fallout game.
    ThacoBell
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455

scriver said:

scriver said:

BTW, this is the answer to the ''Fallout 3 is garbage'' video from a few years ago.

It's also just plain wrong, so there's that.
    Why?
    Because at 3 minutes, when I decided to stop listening, I did not agree with what he was saying.
    That's a pretty pointless assertion. What matters is whether it is a good Fallout game. It is not.
    That's pretty subjective what makes a good Fallout game.
    And whether it is "as bad" is not subjective? Please.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    My opinion... I'll try Fallout 76 and most likely enjoy it. Would a RPG heavy, character heavy, story driven Fallout be better ... probably.

However, any game developer needs passion to create a good game. Todd doesn't yet have passion to make a new Vegas style fallout, with more features, story.and character. His doesn't want to churn out games, just work on things he feels strongly about.

The main problem I think is that, having revealed the line up for the new IP and Elder Scrolls 6... It's going to be a very very long time before we see something like FO3/4.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited July 2018
    I'm from the future and Fallout 76, 77 and 78 are confirmed. Fallout 79 was canceled due to an actual Fallout (EUA and China finally pissed off each other).

I could inform the lottery number for the next 58 years, but we have a One-Question-Only Policy since the great War of the Spoilers when a bunch of a-holes told everything about Avenger 7 on Twitter (that now accepts up to 3012 characters).

It was a carnage (it's funny because Carnage appears in Avenger 7, but you guys don't know it yet).

Well, see ya in a couple of years.
    fluke13ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    Who are we, as mere mortals, to question Todd?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Casts "protection from tomatoes"

I actually like the new Fallout Games, 3 and New Vegas I haven't played enough of 4 to actually have a solid opinion about it. Fallout 76 as an online only game though... Sorry I won't buy it.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMageThacoBell
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    mlnevese said:

I actually like the new Fallout Games, 3 and New Vegas I haven't played enough of 4 to actually have a solid opinion about it. Fallout 76 as an online only game though... Sorry I won't buy it.

F*ck! I hate this f*cking MMO-PUGB generation. Won't see my money either.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMagemlnevese
    mlnevese said:

I agree. Silly writing and continuity errors aside, Fallout 3 gets too much hate.
    mlneveseThacoBellMathsorcerer
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Fallout 3 was a nice game with a nice ending... and many really good sad moments if you were not playing just to get more experience and loot but actually paying attention to what was right in front of you...
    ThacoBellRaduziel
    mlnevese said:

Fallout 3 was a nice game with a nice ending... and many really good sad moments if you were not playing just to get more experience and loot but actually paying attention to what was right in front of you...

Fallout 3 ending was pretty dumb. Why the lone wanderer had to sacrifice himself/herself if one of his/her companions is a Super Mutant immune to radiation?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

mlnevese said:

Fallout 3 ending was pretty dumb. Why the lone wanderer had to sacrifice himself/herself if one of his/her companions is a Super Mutant immune to radiation?
    Good thing we got an expansion that fixed that.
    mlneveseRaduziel
  • ricoyungricoyung Member Posts: 83
    Here's the latest info I found on the game perks, PVP, leveling etc. Courtesy of Oxhorn.
    Possible spoilers for any one wanting to play it with no clue at all.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    That face looks almost exactly like a F4 face. I hope they're just reusing assets and not attempting to make an online game in their gamebryo engine. As hilarious as that would be.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    people have been saying fo 4 was the test run for this game. so they may be attempting to try and use that broken engine for an online game.
    I'm sure you know, people say a lot of things, but that doesn't necessarily make it true, and imo I highly doubt the test run idea is true .
    From what little I have gathered FO76 uses the FO4 engine and assets (and new assets as well) also not to mention they did buy the multiplayer rights for much $$$$...so why not use those rights? would be uber stupid not to imo.
    Personally, I'm not going to go and get FO76 as soon as its released, I will wait and see what bugs/problems are found by other peeps....and I still may not buy it because I already have too dam many games as it is! IDK...I'll just wait and see.
    Really, the main attraction for me in FO76 is the possible Co-op and the new critters you get after using a nuke :) but other than that it seems like FO4 with a new map.
    honestly, laughing about hilariously stupid day 1 bugs in Bethesda games are part of the reason I buy Bethesda games
    ricoyung
    edited August 2018
    but no video game launch will be ever as funny as the day 1 Diablo 3 experience (more like week 1 and 2) but I am prepared to eat my words here wrt Fallout 76
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    Unfortunately we can take this as given - because this means any even slightly story / role-playing driven fallout game is years to come.

Akin Elder Scrolls Online and Skyrim version re-releases, when fans really are hankering for TES:6.

This said from someone whom sadly thinks Fallout 3 / Fallout New Vegas and Morrowind are likely the best titles in those two respective franchises for an PC RPG fan.

PS. Credit where credit is due, so I want to extend some praise for gog.com in terms of Fallout New Vegas. Off-topic, but I think FO 76 potential fans heavily overlap with FO: NV.

I could not get the Steam version of New Vegas to work on Windows 10, and had to abandon the game due to a frequent crash on map-transitions that forced me to reboot my whole computer.

I bought it again on sale on gog - fingers crossed, never say die - and up until level 17 it works, save few rough patches.
    But I take it, compared with thinking how I might procure a Windows XP machine!
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    There's a revolution brewing

ShapiroKeatsDarkMagericoyung

There's a revolution brewing

Holy S***!
    FinneousPJ
    edited August 2018
    TStael said:

Unfortunately we can take this as given - because this means any even slightly story / role-playing driven fallout game is years to come.

Akin Elder Scrolls Online and Skyrim version re-releases, when fans really are hankering for TES:6.

This said from someone whom sadly thinks Fallout 3 / Fallout New Vegas and Morrowind are likely the best titles in those two respective franchises for an PC RPG fan.

PS. Credit where credit is due, so I want to extend some praise for gog.com in terms of Fallout New Vegas. Off-topic, but I think FO 76 potential fans heavily overlap with FO: NV.

I could not get the Steam version of New Vegas to work on Windows 10, and had to abandon the game due to a frequent crash on map-transitions that forced me to reboot my whole computer.

I bought it again on sale on gog - fingers crossed, never say die - and up until level 17 it works, save few rough patches.

IMO windoze 10 is garbage, I'm using windoze 7 pro, not too far a leap from XP yet more stable than XP.
    And I can run most all my legacy games like Carmageddon2, Empire Earth, Postal, and all the Fallout games with no issues. (my Steam version of New Vegas worked right off the Bat)

Just whatever you do, don't use auto update or you may end up with win 10 again without your permission? (not sure they r still doing this) But really,,, most of what I hear from win 10 users is complaints. I had a "few" from win7 (they hid things) but overall I am happy with it, especially as far as games go ;)

And you shouldn't have to buy a new win7 "machine" box/hardware...just buy a win7 pro OEM CD, wipe the win 10 OS, and install the win7...Oh, and I would not recommend win7 "ultimate" or "home", they sucky imo.

@FinneousPJ I have been watching the FO Miami mod, and am really looking forward to it's release..looks wicked!
    Post edited by ricoyung on
    ricoyung said:

TStael said:

IMO windoze 10 is garbage, I'm using windoze 7 pro, not too far a leap from XP yet more stable than XP.
    And I can run most all my legacy games like Carmageddon2, Empire Earth, Postal, and all the Fallout games with no issues. (my Steam version of New Vegas worked right off the Bat)

Just whatever you do, don't use auto update or you may end up with win 10 again without your permission? (not sure they r still doing this) But really,,, most of what I hear from win 10 users is complaints. I had a "few" from win7 (they hid things) but overall I am happy with it, especially as far as games go ;)

And you shouldn't have to buy a new win7 "machine" box/hardware...just buy a win7 pro OEM CD, wipe the win 10 OS, and install the win7...Oh, and I would not recommend win7 "ultimate" or "home", they sucky imo.

@FinneousPJ I have been watching the FO Miami mod, and am really looking forward to it's release..looks wicked!
    New Vegas works fine in my Windows 10.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    ricoyung said:

TStael said:

I am handling Windows 10 well, coz factory install on my gaming rig was … Windows 8.

Imagine that.

Windows does not do dual-partition particularly well, so therefore I am thinking I should buy a separate affordable Win XP-computer for old, hard running games in mind.

Win7/OS I thankfully have in a fantastic, old fashioned box and CD - but I would probably install that on my iMac when I have the stamina. I did not vigorously update the bootcamp software, and the Windows partition got fractured over time.

Meanwhile, level 27, I am only posting this reply because my Fallout New Vegas exceptionally crashed, and I had to reboot. But I am so happy I am able to pursue this masterpiece of a game freely!

As to OP: my personal RPG fancier viewpoint is that Fallout 76 will be most likely a milking, grindy money making exercise that suits Bethesda; the corporations.

Meanwhile, the fans would greatly hanker for a proper roleplaying, well written single player campaign. Fallout 4 is so shallow in this regard, IMO.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMagescriver
    Sorry, I really hate to bump an old thread but there is new info that may change some folks minds aboot FO76 (not that I give a rats azz either way, but just sayin) for your enjoyment or not :p some vids from oxhorn playing FO76 at the Greenbrier resort in West Virginia -Bethesda event-along with other lucky invitees :D
    There are other youtube vids from other players but IMO Oxhorns had the most in depth so far and 2 more vids not included here, about his trip there and a Q&A that if you want you can find at youtube.
    (his trip there was pretty neato)

Here's one from JuiceHead

This last one is an hour long just game play (no commentary) from a different player.

I noticed that the comments on Oxhorns vids were largely positive with most peeps interested in the game, whereas JuiceHeads comment section had mostly negative reactions? very odd?

Personally I wouldn't mind at all playing it, but being on SSI I will have to wait and see if I can afford it (maybe next year sometime,idk).

Oh...and I gotta agree with most opinions about Morrowind and FONV being the pinnacles of the franchise (god I really hate that word; Franchise? wtf !?)
    But no doubt the games kick azz imosho.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I saw this online a bit agp:

I don't have a dog in this fight... I haven't played any Fallout game. I did enjoy the video, though.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    ugh yuck... package of cards = Microtransactions
    O_BruceRaduziel
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I so hope this game flops.
    FinneousPJRaduziel
    I don't care if it flops, but I am very unlikely to buy it.