Skip to content

Who's Rick & Morty? Why are they VS D&D?

TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
Do you read comics? Do you know who the beep Rick & Morty are? I only ask because apparently there are a set of 4 comics entitled "RICK & MORTY VS. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS" and that link takes you to an article on the "GEEK & SUNDRY" website about this comic mini series. Apparently it is spoiler free and the first comic in the series has just been released.

TR
deltagoJuliusBorisov

Comments

• Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    I don't care about Rick & Morty but that Beholder is ADORABLE!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Rick and Morty is an (popular?) Adult Swim cartoon. I personally have never watched it, but this does sound like a good cross promotion for the D&D brand.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I really, REALLY recommend to watch the Rick & Morty cartoon series if you like black comedy and satire.

voidofopinionsemiticgoddessBalrog99
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Rick and Morty has definitely filled the sci-fi comedy void in my life that was left by Futurama getting cancelled. It tends toward the black humor, a lot more, though.

It draws a lot from Doc Brown/McFly and Doctor Who (although there's no time travel), but it's like the Doc is a cynical mean drunk from having to deal with being that much smarter than everyone else. The original short was actually a really dirty story about Doc Brown and Marty McFly.

It has, unfortunately, attracted an annoying fan base. Just ignore the morons freaking out about Mulan dipping sauce at McDonalds, and don't let some dumbass copying what he saw on TV ruin it for you. Hopefully they make fun of these people next season.
    voidofopinion
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    deltago said:

Rick and Morty is an (popular?) Adult Swim cartoon. I personally have never watched it, but this does sound like a good cross promotion for the D&D brand.

Why is popular with a question mark? One episode caused McDonalds to be over flooded with the shows fans after Rick claimed he loved the szechuan sauce and they thought the could make a few extra bucks by riding that hype train and breaking a few packets back just to get overran. It's safe to say the show is beyond popular.
    semiticgoddess
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    I misread the title of the thread; thought it was about Daniel and Marty. Face Dancers invading Faerun!?! :confounded: