Skip to content

Beamdog's PAX Panel

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Black Pits III : The Reckoning

Would be perfect with ToEE.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Sequel to Eye of the Beholder - Tentacle of the Ilithid! Admit it, we all want our Day of the Tentacle!
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    PS:T Black Pits, and Morte is the antagonist
    Montresor_SP
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Ok, I figured it out.

"exciting news for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition."

is definitely a new campaign.

"Watch out for a secret guest on the panel to announce something exciting for the Enhanced Edition family of games. You’ll have to tune in to find out more!"

Mark Meer Dressed as Baeloth (milk that costume) to announce at least his NPC being brought into Baldur's Gate 2.

If Not Mark Meer, Jacob Burgess (Glint) who is at PAX, will come in dressed as Glint and make the announcement.
    RaduzielThacoBell
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Calling it now, its a new expansion for NWN:EE, and its title will follow the naming convention of all the previous expansions from NWN1 and NWN2: X of (the) Y.
    Contemplative_Hamster
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Dev6
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited September 2018

The panel will be on Saturday, September 1, 2018 at 1 pm PDT in the Hydra Theatre, and livestreamed on Beamdog’s Twitch Channel and on PAX2.

For Europeans wondering how long they'll have to wait today: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pdt-to-gmt-converter

So it's 10 o'clock this evening for the Amsterdam timezone (from Spain in the west to Poland in the east).
    [Deleted User]
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited September 2018
    I think that they will announce something for NWN:EE (so yeah probably a new expansion) and also something for "Enhanced Edition family of games".

With the way it's phrased, I don't see a new game. Also as they often complain on stream how hard it is to make new content for Infinity Engine, I don't expect a new DLC. So it may be Icewind Dale 2:EE \o/
    Aedananastiel
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    On the stream when Phil announced he was leaving, Trent said their new projet was a "strategy" game (I don't remember the wording), which made Phil react about the fact that something was revealed, then Trent confirmed he was seeing it as such. My assumption is the announcement is about this project, whatever it is. My understanding was that Phil's reaction was about sharing anything about it before it was show time.

After all, about two years ago, Beamdog hired new people, including David Gaider, so they must have worked on something completely different from any EE project. Releasing PST EE and NWN EE required technical knowledge, not creative one. Starting from then, I've always been thinking they were working on a D&D 5 based project. But I could delude myself. We'll soon know.
    ThacoBellanastiel
    edited September 2018
    A WotC representative would not be present if it wasn't a D&D title.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Raduziel said:

Axis and allies is owned by that company that owns WotC tho
    RaduzielThacoBell
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited September 2018
    scriver said:

Raduziel said:

Axis and allies is owned by that company that owns WotC tho
    It's closer than that. Avalon Hill is a brand of Wizards of the Coast. It's not just a sister company within Hasbro (like Tonka, for example). WotC produces Axis & Allies games.

Avalon Hill even has a "wizards.com" website: http://avalonhill.wizards.com/
    scriver
    Well, if it is A&A at least I'll save some money.
    ArctodusStummvonBordwehr
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I don’t see A&A in IE though. It’ll be a new engine.

Anyway, I do hope someone posts it here as I am working (like on all stream days) and won’t be able to watch or participate.

But my guess still stands at Premium Module for NWN, and NPC(s) being brought into BG2 or it being available on a new platform. (Although, they just patched the game and that would have been the time to introduce new content.)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • ShadowdemonShadowdemon Member Posts: 80
    lefreut said:

I think that they will announce something for NWN:EE (so yeah probably a new expansion) and also something for "Enhanced Edition family of games".

With the way it's phrased, I don't see a new game. Also as they often complain on stream how hard it is to make new content for Infinity Engine, I don't expect a new DLC. So it may be Icewind Dale 2:EE \o/

I don't think it will be IWD2 EE. They recently sent out an APB fo the source code. Even if someone responded with its location that would give them little time to make the changes needed for an EE. I'm guessing it is a small DLC - maybe the Soultaker thing a ton of people have been asking for.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    @Shadowdemon I hope it is IWD2 EE or some kind of expansion for Baldur's Gate 2 :smiley:
    Aedan
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Will you publish on youtube later?
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    Oh boy, I've been wondering what they've got going with NWN... been awfully quiet of late, keen to hear about a new expansion and to finally get the mobile port so we get those UI fixes that bleed back to PC... shifting that damn dialogue window along with TT fonts would be splendid.

They must have a nice pile of pitches and concepts in the filing cabinet for D&D campaigns that can be pulled out and considered for NWN premium modules.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    anastiel said:

Will you publish on youtube later?

Probably yes. If you watch it live on Twitch, though, you get a chance to win a BG-style portrait!
    anastiel
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    I'm already there, now just wait.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited September 2018
    Tuned in for a second, so far the reveal for the EE family is that we're getting a DLC pack with all characters from the Dice, Camera, Action show. New portraits, new voice sets, for all the games (BG/BG2/IWD/NWN).

Aedananastiel
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

Tuned in for a second, so far the reveal for the EE family is that we're getting a DLC pack with all characters from the Dice, Camera, Action show. New portraits, new voice sets, for all the games (BG/BG2/IWD).

gugulug5000Silverstar
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Beamdog, why you've become so lame?
    RaduzielDev6Timbo0o0o0
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited September 2018
    I wondered WTF "Dice, Camera, Action!" is. For those that wonder too, I found this page with an explanation: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/new-weekly-dd-stream-chris-perkins and http://dice-camera-action.wikia.com/wiki/Dice,_Camera,_Action_Wikia
    "Dice, Camera, Action! is a weekly, live streamed play-through of the official adventure books of Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition featuring Dungeon Master extraordinaire Chris Perkins and courageous players Jared Knabenbauer, Anna Prosser Robinson, Holly Conrad, and Nathan Sharp.
    Sessions are every Tuesday from 4 PM to 6 PM (PST) on twitch.tv/dnd and available on the official D&D Youtube Channel. Join the community discussion on /r/DiceCameraAction or on Discord! "
    StummvonBordwehrSilverstar
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    edited September 2018
    I can only hope that was some WotC requirement and not a Beamdog idea, because wow - super disappointing. I did get a good chuckle out of the idea that these people have "iconic lines," tho.
    Dev6MiraStastnykanisathaTimbo0o0o0
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Damp Squib.

TR