Skip to content

Beamdog announces the Dice, Camera, Action! Enhanced Edition voice and portrait pack

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Just announced!

Waffle Crew cast members of the D&D Livestream Dice, Camera, Action! are recording voice-over packs for the Beamdog Enhanced Edition Family of games. Waffle Crew portrait and voice-over packs will be available as DLC in the following games on Steam, Beamdog, GOG, Google Play, and App Store:

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Cast members Holly Conrad, Jared Knabenbauer, Anna Prosser Robinson, and Nathan Sharp began recording in Seattle this week. “It’s so exciting that the characters we’ve created will come to life in these iconic games,” said Holly Conrad. “We worked with the Beamdog writers to develop dialogue that remains true to the Waffle Crew, while still maintaining the classic style of Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights.”

Beamdog CEO, Trent Oster, hopes the voice-over and portrait packs will attract new audiences to Beamdog’s Dungeons & Dragons Enhanced Editions, and provide a fun option for existing players. “Dice, Camera, Action is successful because of the lovable personalities on the show. Holly’s been a huge supporter of titles we’ve released and we love her work, especially her epic Lady of Pain cosplay. We’re honored the Waffle Crew has agreed to lend their talent to Beamdog’s Enhanced Edition titles, and we think fans will enjoy the end result.”

The DLC voice and portrait pack will be released later this year on Steam, Beamdog, Google Play, GOG and App Store.

spacejawsThacoBellelminstersmeagolheartKenjiZaghoulkaguanaJFKlolienAerakar[Deleted User]GoturalAdulGrammarsaladIllustair

Comments

• MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    LOL
  • SizSiz Member Posts: 11
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    In which languages will it be available?
    Do you plan to record the sound sets in foreign languages as well?
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Perfect ! i love this
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Wow, all I can say is wow, im happy but kinda let down.
    gugulug5000[Deleted User]
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    I kept thinking to myself during the stream that surely there would be something bigger than this announced, and sadly I was wrong. I don't think anyone was really hoping for this. I might pick it up just to support Beamdog (depends on pricing), but it was very underwhelming.

Will there be an option to buy it in a bundle for all the games at a lower rate?

I'm so disappointed that there wasn't anything bigger than this announced.
    Timbo0o0o0kanisatha
  • SizSiz Member Posts: 11
    Aedan said:

In which languages will it be available?
    Do you plan to record the sound sets in foreign languages as well?

Yeah.. what about other languages? Do we leave with nothing ?
    AedanTimbo0o0o0
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Dungeon and Dragons Anthology - The Master Collection

206940 Game Icewind Dale 24 days ago
    206950 Game Icewind Dale 2 24 days ago
    206960 Game Temple of Elemental Evil 24 days ago
    206970 Game Baldurs Gate 2 24 days ago
    206180 Game Baldurs Gate 24 days ago
    205180 Game Planescape Torment 24 days ago
  • feersum_endjinnfeersum_endjinn Member Posts: 65
    edited September 2018
    I must admit to being a little underwhelmed too. Not wanting to rain on the parade of anyone who is excited for this, but it seems a bit too niche for the amount it was built up? Unless I'm just out of touch with what's popular with other IE fans.

EDIT: just read in the other thread that another announcement was planned but had to be delayed last minute. If that's true, it makes more sense, although might help if that was mentioned in some official capacity for those of us who missed the stream.
    Contemplative_HamsterGreenWarlockkanisatha
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    What build up? It was exciting news for the family of IE games. They can’t help it if your imagination runs wild and thinks it’s a new baby.
  • TheCapuletTheCapulet Member Posts: 43
    Take a peek back at the livestream from a few weeks ago (The last one with phill). If you listen, they make it clear that things have changed, and that the planned announcement has been pushed back and that everything would be DnD focused instead.
    feersum_endjinn
  • feersum_endjinnfeersum_endjinn Member Posts: 65
    edited September 2018
    Ah, ok. I rely on the recaps because I don't usually have time for watching the whole livestream, and it doesn't seem to be mentioned in any of them.
    ThacoBellContemplative_Hamsterthemazingness
  • OfficerDonNZOfficerDonNZ Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2018
    Meh, didn't miss much then. I switched to watching the Anthem panel which while not perfect was far more informative.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Yay...?
    Nonnahswriter
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    I'm pretty happy that they're giving new voice set a shot!

Still want that IWDII:EE, though.

Even if it's not happening, a dedicated forum for IWDII would be nice. It's where I'd live for the remainder of my forum ninja life.
    SssiksseilorSilverstarGrammarsalad
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    On Facebook, comments are generally very positive.
    Different target groups?

(Waiting for that postponed announcement ...)
    Aedan
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    Btw. Obsidian did something similar with Critical Role pack for Pillars of Eternity 2. Only difference? Their DLC is free.
    Timbo0o0o0ThacoBellMERLANCE[Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.