Skip to content

[MOD] Golem Construction for Spellcasters

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited September 2018
    Thanks!

EDIT: I see my issue. I have been looking for a potion bottle labeled Cursed Antidote, when I just needed the purple antidote bottle.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Luke93 said:

Your mod fails to install on SoD games (mobile version) -----> As you know, this is due to the fact that in this case SoD is a standalone game.... This means that AR0805.are is missing, thus the mod cannot be installed.... Not sure if you can do something about that.....

Could you try the attached fix? Unpack it to the same location as the original mod before installing the mod. It updates a number of scripts where I have added more file checks.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited September 2018
    argent77 said:

Luke93 said:

Your mod fails to install on SoD games (mobile version) -----> As you know, this is due to the fact that in this case SoD is a standalone game.... This means that AR0805.are is missing, thus the mod cannot be installed.... Not sure if you can do something about that.....

Could you try the attached fix? Unpack it to the same location as the original mod before installing the mod. It updates a number of scripts where I have added more file checks.
    [NOT AN ISSUE] Something is missing.....
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    edited September 2018
    eet.tph is not touched by the fix. Did you unpack the archive to the same location as the full Golem Construction v5.4? It should trigger some overwrite warnings if it's unpacked correctly.

Edit: Unless your zip unpacker removes the whole "lib" subfolder for some reason. In that case you could unpack the fix to a separate location and copy over the files manually.
    edited September 2018
    @argent77

Yes, I replaced the lib folder that comes with the mod with the lib folder you linked above.......

EDIT: OK, I see what you meant ----> I was supposed to merge the 2 folders instead of overwriting..... Now the mod installs fine, thanks!

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to make it compatible for both SoD standalone and for BG:EE + SoD?
    There is no need to delete anything. Just unpack the fix and allow it to overwrite the respective files.
    edited September 2018
    argent77 said:

There is no need to delete anything. Just unpack the fix and allow it to overwrite the respective files.

OK, I see what you meant ----> I was supposed to merge the 2 folders instead of overwriting..... Now the mod installs fine, thanks! You can release a new version with these extra file checks.....

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to make it compatible for both SoD standalone and for BG:EE + SoD ?
    The mod will still install content for the BG:EE part even if it doesn't exist. However, missing game files will now be gracefully skipped, so that installation completes successfully even on a pure SoD installation.
    lolien
    @argent77, at the end of August I did a complete re-install of the game (new hard drive) and I installed the latest golem mod. I am in my first run through of BG2EE (played through BGEE with mage and got 4 golem books and exported to BG2EE). I reached Kahlid and his body is no longer a maggot infested body for my mage. Has something changed in the mod release?
    No, the mod didn't change. The container is initially disabled though, and becomes only available if at least one party member has learned how to build golems.
    edited September 2018
    I learned how to make golems in BGEE/SoD and imported to BG2EE. So you need someone to learn in BG2EE or it doesn't count?

Note: My mage can build Flesh, Clay, Stone, and Maggot golems from my BGEE/SoD import. I used the build golem ability and those show as buildable in BG2EE when I first got out of the cage.
    The mod checks whether imported characters have learned how to build golems, but it looks like one of the variables is not properly restored. It'll be fixed in the next release.

You can fix it manually with this command:
    C:SetGlobal("A7!GolemAbility","GLOBAL",1)
    lolien
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Hello, great mod :). A quick question, what limitations are there on the places you can use to build golems please? We are getting the message that this place is unusable in Jermien's house (& The Temple of Helm my Blackguard got as a stronghold for some reason).
    You need Jermien's permission before you can build golems in his home. That option is only available if the protagonist is a mage/bard or Imoen is present.

The temple is only available to the protagonist after making it his/her stronghold.

Afair, the only other restriction concerns Magic Golems, which have to be constructed in wild magic zones.
    Mantis37lolien
  • marcialhdmarcialhd Member Posts: 53
    @argent77 hi i just wanted to ask is the "Replace original Golem Manual" component from this mod compatible with the "Upgradeable equipment" component of the "Rogue Rebalancing" mod?, i mostly ask since that component has an item (Stonesmasher +4) that consumes the original "Stone Golem manual" to upgrade it (this is the recipe: Stonesmasher + Stone Golem manual + 5000gp), soo are they compatible or should i drop one of these mods?.
    Zaghoul
    In that case you should skip the "Replace original Golem Manual" component, since it removes the original golem manual from the game completely. I'll add a compatibility check for this RR component in the next version.
    lolienZaghoul
  • Snatch_a_kissSnatch_a_kiss Member Posts: 33
    Stumbled upon a little error. IWD EE. Malavon Battle.
    After killing the copy does not appear a real Malavon, so i can not get a badge and get out of the Malavon's Dome.
    If remove Golem Construction for Spellcasters and load the save before entering the Malavon's Dome, there is no error. Real Malavon in it appears and it can be killed.
    Thanks. I'll look into it.
    Stumbled upon a little error. IWD EE. Malavon Battle.
    After killing the copy does not appear a real Malavon, so i can not get a badge and get out of the Malavon's Dome.
    If remove Golem Construction for Spellcasters and load the save before entering the Malavon's Dome, there is no error. Real Malavon in it appears and it can be killed.
    I have fixed this issue locally. It will be available with the next mod release.

For now you can trigger the real Malavon to appear by entering the following console command:
    C:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADIRON_GOLEM","GLOBAL",2)

lolien
  • BrantleyBrantley Member Posts: 3
    Do you need to start a new playthrough in order for everything to work properly? It looks like a ton of fun
    edited March 2019
    No, a restart is not needed. However, you might miss some tomes or ingredients on maps or stores you have already visited before you installed the mod.
    Post edited by argent77 on
    edited March 2019
    I think APPLY_GOLEM_TINT_BRIGHT contains some errors:

1)
    READ_SHORT 0x2c8 numEffects // should be READ_LONG....

2)
    SET sizeEffect = (version = 1) ? 0x108 : 0x30 // should be 0x110 instead of 0x108....

3)
    READ_LONG (curOfs + 8) opcode // should be (curOfs + 0x010).......

Luke93 wrote: »
    I think APPLY_GOLEM_TINT_BRIGHT contains some errors:

1)
    READ_SHORT 0x2c8 numEffects // should be READ_LONG....

Good catch. Will be fixed.
    Luke93 wrote:
    2) + 3)
    SET sizeEffect = (version = 1) ? 0x108 : 0x30 // should be 0x110 instead of 0x108....

READ_LONG (curOfs + 8) opcode // should be (curOfs + 0x010).......

Both offsets are correct. CRE effect V2 structures omit the 8-byte EFF V2 header.
    edited April 2019
    OK, I have another question about one of your function, i.e., TO_HEX_NUMBER.

I noticed that if you want to use it to append a value to STATE.ids, then you need to remove the following ACTION_IFs for all those values where BIT31 (0x80000000) is set
    ACTION_IF (value < 0) BEGIN
    	OUTER_SET signed = 1
    	OUTER_SET value = 0 - value
    END ELSE BEGIN
    	OUTER_SET signed = 0
    END

ACTION_IF (signed) BEGIN
    	OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT hexNumber ~-%hexNumber%~
    END

As an example, try executing the following code:
    OUTER_SET custom_state = 0x00000001 BOR 0x00000002 BOR 0x00000004 BOR 0x00000008 BOR 0x00000020 BOR 0x00000029 BOR 0x00000FC0 BOR 0x00010000 BOR 0x00100000 BOR 0x80000000	// = 0x80110FEF

LAF TO_HEX_NUMBER
    INT_VAR
    	minDigits = 8
    	prefix = 1
    	value = custom_state
    RET
    	hexNumber
    END

APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~%hexNumber% CUSTOM_STATE~

Have a look at that entry using NI:
    • observed value: -0x7FEEF011 --> This is followed by this warning: "Error interpreting STATE.IDS: -0x7FEEF011 CUSTOM_STATE
    • expected value: 0x80110FEF

As you know, both NI and WeiDU use signed integers and 0x80000000 (BIT31) is the sign bit, which means all values for which BIT31 are set are interpreted as negative.

To sum up, 0x80110FEF is correctly labeled as negative by your function (and this is in agreement with the two's complement binary representation), but the appended value is wrong..... Could it be that STATE.ids uses unsigned integers?
  • fthkufthku Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2019
    EDIT: managed by myself, sorry! (can't seem to find a delete reply button)
    EDIT 2: I'm actually having a new type of trouble. My golem seems to appear in cutscenes, including in places where he should be invisible and where my party supposedly isn't there. Happening in SoD currently.
    Post edited by fthku on
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    IS there a walkthrough for this mod?

I found the manual but it seems I can't use it for now. Do I need to wait to enter baldur's gate before starting to make these golems?
    I found one manual
    (near sirine location)
    but I don't understand how you are supposed to use it.
    @Arthas the readme will tell you how it works. You can find the readme at - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\A7-GolemConstruction\readme
    For the book you found, here is what the readme says:
    This golem can be built by the necromancer Arkion (for a fee) who lives in Baldur's Gate, south of the Elfsong Tavern.
    [spoiler/]
    Arthaslolien
    Thanks a lot, @Necromanx2 , I will check it.
    @argent77 is there an update that includes all the little fixes for the last 10 months? I have a new computer and am setting everything back up and want to make sure I don't rediscover things that I had modified along the way.