Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• TyrionBeanTyrionBean Member Posts: 15

@TyrionBean you need this excellent little mod:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/58374/enchant-the-missile-launchers-ranged-weapon-tweak/p1

It lets you hit enemies according to the enchantment level of the launcher, if it is higher than that of the ammunition.

Thank you! Looks perfect. I'll give it a try tonight or tomorrow. :)

@TyrionBean There is good ammo to be found in Watchers' Keep.

Yeah, but it's limited and it limits anyone with a bow, which nerfs any archer when compared to a fighter or anyone else, unfortunately.
    @subtledoctor

I just want to thank you again for the mod. It's really wonderful. I've actually been using it on Mazzy (she's my front line fighter) for the fighter feats and she kicks butt. :D (Go Mazzy!)

I just had a question about archers once more though. I was playing BG1 as an Elven Archer, and I hit Cloakwood and thought how silly it is to have an archer who can scout ahead but cannot detect any traps in a forest full of them.

So, seeing as you can't multiclass an archer kit in any way that I know of, is there a way to somehow put detect traps for an archer? This has probably been asked many times, and I'm actually not asking for an archer who can open locks or backstab etc...just finding traps. You would think somebody who deals with traps in the forest (for game, for trespassers etc...) would have a good working knowledge of that, right?

Just an idea.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Wise_GrimwaldDjinn
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrDjinn
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor That sounds perfect. Go for it!

(Maybe multiclassable bards and paladins while we are at it?)
    StummvonBordwehr
    Honestly, the bard kits you and (was it grammarsalad?) have put into Might and Guile are some of my favorite classes/kits for the IE. The sorceror style casting makes them feel even tastier. Even if multiclassing ends up being non-tenable, you can still do a lot of fun things with kits.
    Wise_Grimwald
    edited September 2018
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    ThacoBellGusinda
    Well, a good chunk of my personal must haves are in there. So I don't see any issue with it. Would certain kits get some tweaks to the spell lists? Meistersingers get some druid magic and summons, Skalds get some combat spells etc. Illusion, enchantment, and sound based spells are definitely very bard-y spells.
    edited September 2018
    ThacoBell
    Oh wait, Grammarsalad is working on Faith and Powers. Might and Guile is your solo project, right?
  • ThacoBell said:

Oh wait, Grammarsalad is working on Faith and Powers. Might and Guile is your solo project, right?

They appear to be a gestalt creature. Where one ends and the other begins, no man may wot of.
    ThacoBellWise_Grimwald
    @subtledoctor I'll have to take a look at the Faith & Powers system. I haven't checked it out yet. Thanks. But yeah, I don't think it should be a spell...it should just be like woodcraft type of knowledge.
    edited September 2018
    I say give it to the bards!
    Djinn
    edited October 2018
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    @subtledoctor

It was great seeing the happiness in the beginning of the post and then the slow realization of what this all entails. :D
    ThacoBell
    edited September 2018
    Being a nature-y Bard, I can see detect traps fitting nicely. After all, you need to be observant to survive in the wild.

I might tone it down a bit more and give bards 2 thief skills instead of 3.
    ThacoBell
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    If you want to avoid stepping on song & silence's toes, instead of a dirge singer kit, how about a spirit/undead summoning/praising bard kit, sort of like a necromantic version of the Pillars of Eternity Chanter class?

Just an idea :)
    rapsam2003ThacoBellDjinn
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

... are there any mod NPC bards I should pay attention to?

There's Rose a true-class bard and Morwen a skald, both found in Beregost. IMO they shouldn't both be found in Beregost: one in Beregost and one in Nashkel or the FAI would have been better.
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76

Interesting. Maybe non-evil... communing with the dead can induce them to rise up and help out temporarily (less evil Summon Skellies) and give it access to the special Shaman spells?

I think that would make a really interesting kit, and a very different take on necromancy than how we usually see it in the forgotten realms.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    StummvonBordwehrDjinn