Skip to content

RP: Castle Greyhawk

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2018
    "I wonder what happens if I play some other notes on the harp?" says Alora wonderingly, her fingers hovering over the strings. "Maybe I'm some kind of bard and I just didn't know it yet?"
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

"I wonder what happens if I play some other notes on the harp?" says Alora wonderingly, her fingers hovering over the strings. "Maybe I'm some kind of bard and I just didn't know it yet?"

OOC: Effing new it.

Girl, hand the harp over to lady Aerie before you summon a demon with your curiousity.
    edited September 2018
    "I was going to play all the right notes," says Alora sulkily "But perhaps not in the right order."

Alora reluctantly hands Aerie the harp for safekeeping.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Aerie tentatively plucks a few strings. She hadn't heard much music at all since her days in the circus, and playing it now felt...nice. Grinning shyly, she slung the harp across her back.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    From here, you can go back into the butchering room, or head east.
    Let's try east.
    East door leads you back to the hallway heading north. It heads north past the butchering room, then west for 30', then north again for 70', then west for another 30', turns south and then west again. After 50', you come to a door to the south. You can see the corridor running west for another 30' past the door before turning north
    Alora will listen and check for traps before opening the door.
    No lock, no traps found. This is a 20' room (north-south) by 30' room (east-west), with the door in the middle of the north wall. In the center of this room is a folding screen with three panels. The screen is five feet high and six feet wide. From behind the screen, you hear a forlorn wailing sound. Behind the screen you see two vaguely human-like shadows. The shadows are about four and a half feet tall and have no heads or arms. Their legs are indistinct. The eerie shadows dance wildly about.
    "That looks really spooky," whispers Alora. "I'm going to go and find out what it is."

Alora sneaks into the room, attempting to move silently and hide in the shadows, and tries to peer around the edge of the screen.
    *whispering* They do. Maybe you should sneak around and attack them from behind. Catch them by surprise.
    "That's what I was going to do!" whispers Alora, pleased that Anomen agrees with her plan.
    Behind the screen are two dressmaker's style dummies, each wearing a sleeveless dress. A lit glow globe is behind them, casting their shadows on the screen. The wailing sound is coming from the door the party opened, as fresh air blows into the room.

The rest of the room is filled with bolts of cloth, ribbons, needles and pin cushions. There are also shears for cutting cloth and thread.
    "It's okay Anomen, you can come in. There's nothing to be scared of. They are just dressmaker's dummies," calls Alora cheerfully.

Alora takes the shears because she thinks they might come in handy and then continues down the corridor that heads west and then turns north.
    OOC: DM ruining my fun :(

*Anomen inspects the craftsmanship of the dresses and wonders if they’d fit his sister*
    Okay. The corridor runs north for 30'. in the middle of the western side of the corridor is a door. The door is open. They are back at the library where they found the scroll of web earlier. Which means the corridor to the north leads back east to the semi-circular room. However, they have never explored the corridor going west.
    OOC: Maybe. They are certainly pretty enough to suit her
    Alora heads west.
    Okay, you head west. After 60', you see a door to the south, but when you have opened it, it leads to the schoolroom. The corridor continues west. After 30', there is another corridor to the south, and the hallway you are in continues west. 50' beyond this point, you see another hallway leading north, and the corridor continues west beyond this point, through it's too far to see exactly what's there from where you are.
    I think we will keep going west.
    Okay. 30' after the north corridor, the western corridor ends at a door. Another corridor leads north, and after 40', you see a door to the west. The corridor heads north again, and after 10' leads to stairs heading down.
    We'll try the door at the end of the western corridor. Alora will listen and check for traps before opening it.
    *before going west*

These dresses certainly are stunning. I do think my sister, Moira would adore them.

*Anomen gently removes the dresses from the dummies and bags them*
    Alora notices what Anomen is doing and wonders whether he really has got a sister.
    The door opens on stairs leading down. You head down 50', go through 10' of hallway and end up in a large cave. The cave floor and walls have been polished smooth. Several statues once rested on a raised platform along the west wall. The statues seem to have been of three Protectors kneeling in front of a veiled woman. The woman was bestowing gifts on the Protectors. Now, however, the statues have been smashed. In their place is a crude clay statue of a large eye. The eye has been painted blood red.

Stone rubble litters the floor.

To the north, there is a 25' wide opening leading north. This space is only dimly lit, but you can see stairs leading up.
    "Do you think that's the Ruby Eye of Arik that we are supposed to destroy by playing the harp?" asks Alora. "I was expecting it to look a bit more impressive. Aerie, maybe you should give the harp a quick pluck just in case it is."
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    "I suspect the real ruby to be much more..." Aerie paused to think of the word. "Lustrous."
    "Well I guess if you're not going to play your harp we should keep moving." Alora heads for the stairs to the north.
    Just humour her and play the harp.
    You walk through the cavern. After 50' you come to stairs leading up. You head up 30' of stairs to find yourself facing two doors to the northwest. To the north and east, you see an ape chained to the wall. The ape has white fur. As soon as it notices you, it starts to rattle its chain and roar. But if you head for the doors, it cannot reach you.
This discussion has been closed.