• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC Minion hates us :)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Minion, roll 1d100 for fumble roll
    Lose grip on weapon

Minion, roll 1d20 for fumble
    Minsc's sword flies out of his hand and falls down the hole.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Attempts to skewer it without hitting Boo.

Minion, roll 1d20 for spear attack
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    OOC: dammit, that was a magical sword too.
    Minion, roll 1d8+2 for Anomen Damage
    edited September 2018
    Anomen kills the last rat. There is a chance you can get Minsc's sword back, though. Someone will have to go back down.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    "The sword went down the hole... that means that evil is down there."
    Flora starts to shake and shiver. She is soaking wet, and her clothes are cold as ice.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    "Alora, Alora are you all right?" Aerie asked, but she need only look at the quaking halfling to know she was very much not all right. Aerie shook off her cloak and draped it around Alora, pooling around her feet. Then she placed her hands against her forehead and checked for a fever.

"We should find a safe place to set a fire and warm her up." The warm glow of divine-magic lit Aerie's hands as she cast a healing spell.

Minion, roll 1d8 for CLW.
    Alora goes back up to 10 hit points, but she is still running a fever. Aches and chills shake her body.

(I do see a 3rd level scroll of Cure Disease you can use. Use it on Alora?)
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    OOC: Sounds good!

Aerie suddenly remembered something important. She fished through her rucksack and pulled out the scroll of Cure Disease, then chanted the script.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    "I'm starting to feel much better! Thank you Aerie." Alora announces brightly. "I think magic is wonderful. I think I might become a cleric so I can do magic. Now I am better shall I go down the hole to get Minsc's sword? I'm already wet so I might as well."
    Alora indeed feels better, She's not completely back to full (12 points), but she can certainly go down again.

Once down, she finds Minsc's sword caught up in some bones. Bones of what looks to be a human. The bones have been there a long time. They are disarticulated, and some of them are just plain missing. All that is left is a drenched and rotting leather sack, and a finger bone with a ring caught on it.

When she is pulled up again, the sack contains 10 gold, 9 silver, 8 copper, and the ring is jade-set gold, and worth about 250 gp. A nice little haul, but not worth getting sick and attacked by rats.

There is still the door on the west side of this room. Alora can wrap a cloak around her to keep warm until you can find a fire.
    Alora's teeth are chattering so much that she won't attempt to move silently for a while. OOC: Doesn't she have a glowing egg shard that she found at the bottom of a pool that will help keep her warm or am I misremembering that?

Alora will go to the door on the west side and listen and check for traps before opening it.
    Many glowing eggs shards, yup. She can cup some in her hands to warm them up.

Not locked, don't find any traps. When she opens the door, she notices a sharp drop in temperature. The temperature is nearly freezing at the bottom of the stairs. You notice that the walls of the large cave at the foot of the stairs are covered with a thin layer of ice. Hanging from hooks in the ceiling are slabs of meat. Pork, beef, even lamb are hung here, seemingly for preservation.
    Alora goes into the cave very carefully. She is worried about what she might find hanging from the hooks in here.
    No humans, just animal meat. Lots and lots of animal meat. But then, in your dream-vision, they were supposed to be preparing for a feast, weren't they?

When you get out of the cave, you see a new door to the south that was not there before. Could this be a protector trying to help you, even now?
    edited September 2018
    "There's a new door! That wasn't there before!" says Alora excitedly.

Alora rushes over to open it but then she remembers how many times she has been hurt and decides to check for traps first just in case.
    No lock, no traps she can find.

Upon entering this rectangular room, the first thing you notice is a tapestry hanging on each wall; they show scenes from the life of a female minstrel. In front of each tapestry is a couch. Pillows of various sizes are scattered about on the couches. Empty wine goblets and wine bottles are piled into one corner of the room. Decorative candle holders filled with candle stubs sit on small tables near each couch. In the center of the room is a decorative wheel painted on the floor. The wheel is 5' in diameter. In the middle of the wheel is a small lap harp made of crystal with strings of spun silver.
    Alora is intrigued by the harp but isn't going to rush over to pick it up. First she will check for secret doors behind each of the tapestries and then she will examine the wheel on the floor.

"Edwin, Aerie? Do you think this wheel might be something magical?" she asks.
    There are only stone walls behind the tapestries.
    Alora will check for traps around the harp. If she can't find any she will pick it up.
    Flora finds... no traps around the harp. She picks it up. It feels warm and comfortable in her hands. As she does, her finger inadvertently plucks two strings.

There is a blurring in the air, and a familiar-looking woman steps through from somewhere else. It takes you a moment to realize that her face is the same as the face of the woman in the tapestries.

"Greetings, Would-be saviors of Haven," she says to you in a voice so beautifully melodic, you would love to hear her sing. "I am Rowena. You are the ones sent by the Protectors, yes?"
    "Yes we are. I am Alora and these are my Marauders," announces Alora proudly. Then it occurs to her that this might not sound very reassuring. "But don't worry I will make sure they won't do any marauding while we are here. We are here to save you."
    Rowena laughs. The sound is so pure and perfect, it sends chills up and down your spine (of the good kind). "I have long ago passed from this life and have been taken into Faerie to live with the protectors," she tells you, smiling kindly at Alora.

"I am here to aid you, but I can only stay a short time here. I can teach you a set of notes on my harp to destroy the Ruby Eye of Arik. Play the notes when you see the ruby, and the ruby will be destroyed, without harming the spirits of Argenta and her love trapped within."
    "I always wanted to play a musical instrument!" says Alora excitedly. "I was thinking of learning to play the bongos but a harp is nearly as good. What notes do I play?"
    Rowena shows Alora (and the party) the (thankfully short) series of notes to play. Noting that Alora is soaked to the skin, Rowena's hand hovers over Alora's shoulder, but doesn't touch her. She sings a short phrase, and Alora's clothes warm and dry out. They feel like they've been hung near a fire to dry. (i.e. Real World Equivalent: Just out of the dryer)

"I wish you well on your quest," she tells you, and with another blurring in the air, she is gone.
This discussion has been closed.