Skip to content

You know you are role playing when...

13»

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @mlnvese It's a mawashi, a 30' long canvas belt all Sumo wrestlers wear. Tied in the back, and never washed! (They believe mawashi accumulate experience that can be washed out by a laundering. I cannot imagine how much they must smell...
    mlneveseSkatanThacoBell
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @LadyRhian I was talking about @Skatan's post... yours does not need eye bleach :)
    ThacoBell
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Well, to my defense, it was hidden behind spoiler tags :)

(Note to self, delete browser history. Searching for "muscle dwarf wearing only thong" might make GF suspecious.)
    mlneveseThacoBell
    @Skatan just wait to see the kind of ads that will popup from now on when you're browsing :)
    ThacoBellSkatan
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    54. When your character does something unwise and gets taken over by some unseen force. Your DM then takes you aside and says he sorry but your character is gone for good. As a consolation he asks you to role play your character one last time by attempting to kill the rest of the party sneakily and to the best of his ability (AND, you really get into it). Man, I had players on that like Donkey Kong, as they were upset and needing the relief. I think we had a couple knock down drag out sessions with that, with soda, empty beer cans, and bags of chips flying across the room. Fun times though.

I miss PnP. They weren't just games, but psychological thrillers. B)
    ThacoBellmlneveseSkatandunbar
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    LadyRhian said:

I've played in games like that. I've also used Fritos corn chips to represent ochre jellies (the party got to eat the chips as they slayed the jellies), gummy bears for rats, and M&Ms for spiders when we were using miniatures. (I didn't have the money to afford too many monster minis.) In one memorable game, swedish fish became wolves.

Pft, who needs miniatures when you have edibles.
    mlneveseThacoBell
    deltago said:

LadyRhian said:

I've played in games like that. I've also used Fritos corn chips to represent ochre jellies (the party got to eat the chips as they slayed the jellies), gummy bears for rats, and M&Ms for spiders when we were using miniatures. (I didn't have the money to afford too many monster minis.) In one memorable game, swedish fish became wolves.

Pft, who needs miniatures when you have edibles.
    The problem is when the group starts eating the dungeon...
    ThacoBell
    Real Gummy rats could be a Gummy Tarrasque, given the size! Gummy spider equals Shelob the Spider Queen (or Lolth).
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    55. When you eat a Tarrasque.
    mlnevese
    ThacoBell said:

That's a story I d like to read :)
    ThacoBell
    Since a Tarrasque continues to regenerate, it's the meal that keeps on giving!
    semiticgoddessSkatanmlneveseThacoBell
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    mlnevese said:

ThacoBell said:

That's a story I d like to read :)
    Hill Giant Cookbook. Allegedly they are notorious for eating and cooking "exotic meats" More in the next issue of Wild Surge (shameless plug over).
    SkatanmlneveseThacoBell
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    56. When a member of the group whose hobby was archery bought his bow to a session and propped it against his chair like an intimidating familiar.
    mlneveseThacoBellZaghoul
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    dunbar said:

56. When a member of the group whose hobby was archery bought his bow to a session and propped it against his chair like an intimidating familiar.

Hehheh. Guilty as charged :mrgreen:

ThacoBellmlneveseSkatandunbar
    57.) When someone uses a room object as a prop to make an in-game joke.

I was playing in a 2e game which has the "On death's door" rule. Essentially, when you hit 0 hit points, you fall unconscious, losing 1 hp per round until you hit -10, whereupon you are dead.

So one character in game kept getting hit below 0 points in just about every combat. At one point, he knocked on the door behind him and said, "Mr Death? Mr Death, are you there? It's me again..."

Cue the breaking up of the entire group into gut-busting laughter, including the GM. We laughed for about 5 solid minutes, then went on with the game.
    mlneveseThacoBellBalrog99Zaghoul
    58.) Someone pulls a piece of bread out of their thong, offering to share it (Break bread), and have butter on it, possibly also pulled out of said thong, and no one else in the party even bats an eye or considers it strange and gross...

Guys. I know this is supposed to be a fantasy, but there are limits, and that's just... making me throw up in my mouth a little.
    ThacoBellmlneveseRik_KirtaniyaSkatan
    Oh, I just reflexively block out those images. Its like a self censor, it doesn't even register anymore for me.
    Rik_Kirtaniya
    You, sir, are a lucky man. I get HD Blu-Ray in my head constantly... one of the drawbacks of being a writer and being able to envision stuff easily.
    ThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
    LadyRhian said:

You, sir, are a lucky man. I get HD Blu-Ray in my head constantly... one of the drawbacks of being a writer and being able to envision stuff easily.

It took a LOT of practice to learn this skill.

59) When your half orc (with int as your dump stat) gets mazed.
    Rik_KirtaniyaLadyRhianmlnevese
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    ThacoBell said:

Oh, I just reflexively block out those images. Its like a self censor, it doesn't even register anymore for me.

Yes, I can do this too! :smiley: In my case, however, I don't actually "block" any unwanted information, I just let it go. You can say I smoothly "dodge" it! B)

This is related to the art of occlumency, defensive enchantment skills, and takes a little bit of willpower. And apparently, this is how the level 8 spell "Mind Blank" was developed. It seems I am pretty adept at using it. :)
    LadyRhianmlneveseThacoBell
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    60. When apparently you play out your character's traits too well and gross people out.
    voidofopinionRik_KirtaniyamlneveseThacoBell
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    62) You have to say a safeword to your beloved one.

Wait, what kind of roleplaying are we talking about?
    ArctodusThacoBellvoidofopinionSkatan
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    63.) When your safe word is "Roll for crit..."
    ThacoBellmlnevese
    64.) When you're happy to delve into the Politics of the Kingdom to get away from the Politics of the Country you live in.
    65.) When you can let off steam by killing bad guys for a while.
    mlneveseBalrog99
    66. When you are absolutely destroying the forces of the abyss, but a random angry cow shows up and almost kills 2/3rds of your party.
    Balrog99