Skip to content

BG:EE, SoD 2.5 patches, Infinity Engine fixes and features, + the additional 2.5 IWD:EE patch

Comments

• BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    So sorry to bother everyone,

I keep hearing about "area of effect markers" for IWD and BG1-2. I assume these are the markers which show what will be affected by an AOE spell before making the final click to cast it. I've updated both IWD and BG1-2 and neither seem to have this feature. I can't find any way to turn it on in Gameplay or Graphics.

I've done a lot of searching to see if I can find out if the markers were actually put in, or if it's to come in some future patch, or if I am crazy, but I can't find anything specific. Can anyone shed light on this for me please?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @Baptor Add SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Show AOE','1') into the Baldur.lua file.
    BaptorMonotremataJuliusBorisov
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    Fun new bug on bg:ee and bg2:ee. The pathfinding has been completely fubared. Characters now constantly get stuck on each other and lose control of the game while they glitch out, you can't get them to unstick until it decides to. This is incredibly annoying since there are so many smaller spaces where they are guaranteed to glitch out.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    zenblack said:

Fun new bug on bg:ee and bg2:ee. The pathfinding has been completely fubared. Characters now constantly get stuck on each other and lose control of the game while they glitch out, you can't get them to unstick until it decides to. This is incredibly annoying since there are so many smaller spaces where they are guaranteed to glitch out.

According to the last livestream, this bug is known and will be fixed.
    SssiksseilorSjerrie
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @zenblack You can use Ctrl + J to move around the map while you wait for this to be fixed.
    AerakarSjerrie
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Yes, it's still in review at the App Store.

@GreenWarlock
  • Blue_ThreeBlue_Three Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2018

zenblack said:

Probably the same issue I was having just today. I was travelling through Candlekeep Caves and characters got stuck on top of each other all the time. I don't think I had this happen in any other location as of now.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015

zenblack said:

Probably the same issue I was having just today. I was travelling through Candlekeep Caves and characters got stuck on top of each other all the time. I don't think I had this happen in any other location as of now.
    This also happened in 2.3 BGEE to me last night, so seems an older path-finding problem than the 2.5 patch.
  • Blue_ThreeBlue_Three Member Posts: 28
    As of now Candlekeep Caves and Durlag's Tower are the only areas this has happened to me. I guess it has something to do with hallways being narrow.
    Aerakar
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    I hope you never remove 1.3 from Steam. That would be disrespectful to the original developers of this anthologic game. Also, I prefer much more the 1.3 version.

(I noticed you removed 1.3 for Icewind Dale, but you're keeping it for BG1 and BG2)

That design was much more faithful to UI of original Baldur's Gate. Sorry to say that, but my opinion is that original design is much more beautiful and essential than 2.5's.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    IWD:EE on Steam never had any old build option. And the 2.5 patch for IWD:EE didn't change much in terms of the UI, if compared to the 1.4 version (it was 1.4 for IWD:EE).

Also, see this: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71638/guide-downgrading-bg2ee-to-v2-3-67-3-using-the-steam-console
    VitorStummvonBordwehrAedan
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    Thanks!

What about BG1 and BG2?
    Will you ever remove 1.3 from the "Properties Option"?
    No, there're no plans for removing that option.
    VitorbleusteelStummvonBordwehr
    Vitor said:

I hope you never remove 1.3 from Steam. That would be disrespectful to the original developers of this anthologic game. Also, I prefer much more the 1.3 version.

(I noticed you removed 1.3 for Icewind Dale, but you're keeping it for BG1 and BG2)

That design was much more faithful to UI of original Baldur's Gate. Sorry to say that, but my opinion is that original design is much more beautiful and essential than 2.5's.

You do realize some of the Beamdog devs WERE original developers, right?
    StummvonBordwehrAedanSjerrie
  • DeixterShawl33DeixterShawl33 Member Posts: 18
    Any chance of console release for BG Enhanced Edition Trilogy?

How would that even work?
    Dev6Bloodstone
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    ThacoBell said:

Horribly.
    ThacoBellBloodstoneMERLANCE
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Dev6 said:

ThacoBell said:

Horribly.
    They just hinted at it today on the twitch show that its in the works atm, but not release date, but thats why they are look for console programmers.
    ThacoBell[Deleted User]StummvonBordwehr
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Lol, when I read "console" I interpreted it as "command line text interface", and thought it would be a very strange experience to play BG that way ...
    It obviously still felt more plausible than bringing real BG to gaming consoles ... :D
    ThacoBellShadowdemon
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    edited September 2018
    Omg I would love the enhanced BG games to come to consoles!! The more BG the better :)
    StummvonBordwehr
    Does anybody want to explain how that would control? Because I don't see it.
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    Pillars of Eternity was released on Xbox One and Playstation 4, so...
    StummvonBordwehr
    Mirak said:

Okay, how does it control?
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    ThacoBell said:

Mirak said:

Don't know, but Obsidian/Paradox obviously thought it was viable to release it on consoles.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Mirak said:

ThacoBell said:

Mirak said:

Don't know, but Obsidian/Paradox obviously thought it was viable to release it on consoles.
    It will work, and I am looking forward to it.

Beamdog has succesfully ported the games to iOS. Some might say, that making it work on phones is easier than a console due to the differences in the controls. But when considering the freedom you do have on a console compaired to a phone (if I cant tap it, I cant have it...), I’d say that it can work - and work well. So I am not sceptic about this, actually not even the slightest.

I am just waiting for the naming of which consoles its bound for. I have to buy a console for my daughter... and I might shift preferences about console to buy when the chosen consoles are unveiled. Yes I am that kind of dad, but I consider the passing of BG to the next generation as essential parentering.

Permidion_Starkbleusteelproffburd
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    lefreut said:

They just hinted at it today on the twitch show that its in the works atm, but not release date, but thats why they are look for console programmers.

They already have a hard time maintaining the games with all the current platforms. I don't think yet another one (and very different from the others) is a good idea.
    $$$$$

Makes sense to me. Could bring in even more than IOS, Android, PC, or Mac honestly.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    edited September 2018
    lefreut said:

They already have a hard time maintaining the games with all the current platforms. I don't think yet another one (and very different from the others) is a good idea.
    A hard time? Perhaps so. But the way I see it, they are actually doing a fine job.

The iOS version has worked fine - besides 1 week when they made the move to 64 bit.

The android version was left without an update for a long time. The version 1.3 did work very well in the mean time (some players prefer that version to later versions).

The mac version is pretty much left hanging, but perhaps this has more to do with the Mac than any thing else. The iOS version is great, so its not just an Apple thing, but perhaps more a Mac thing.

The Cpu versions have received much love from Beamdog, and has always had a version that ran fine - if you accepted the downgrade.

Some would say that its not good enough. But as a windows user since version 3.1, I’d say I have seen worse (Vista?). And a stable version of the game has never been more than a few clicks away...

The move to console could perhaps give the games a bigger fan base, and in the end fund the DLC’s with added content we all want. I choose to see the positive side of this - Beamdog has proven that they love their games and that they can and will show that love... so I will be positive ( and very very patient)
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    jonesr65ThacoBell
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @StummvonBordwehr My understanding is that the Mac version is also doing fine, depending on which web store you bought from :). It is only the Mac App Store version that is still on v1.3.
    StummvonBordwehrLeoNegusLaucianNailor