Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Garrick is an interesting case. His demeneor certainly fits a Gallant, but I don't see him being a good fighter (personality wise). I think trueclass bard fits him a little bit better, and he can just be a friendly bard.

I see Eldoth in a similar way, he is super sleezy, but doesn't do any real work for himself, choosing to scam other people out of their earnings. So I don't see him going out and training for legit combat. Again, I'd say normal bard fits him a little better (Unless you have a bard/thief multiclass up your sleeve).
  • Okay. Also forgot Vogiln and Keto. So:
    - Haer'Dalis remains a Blade.
    - Keto will be a Bard.
    - Rose will be a Bard.
    - Vogiln will be a Skald (fighter/bard multi).
    - Morwen be a Skald (ditto).

Questions:
    - What about Garrick? Given his demeanor, should he be a Gallant? That's also a figter/bard multiclass. I think that would make him considerably more orm a functional standpoint, than his vanilla incarnation. And it certainly fits his personality. Only question is would it be too radical a change?
    - What about Eldoth? His general demeanor, and his use of poison, say "Blade" to me.

Jinxer? Smarmy bastard, no real application of skills musical, martial, or magical* but people in his orbit tend to fare badly.

* actual spellcasting, actual bard-singing, actual combat.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

Questions:
    - What about Garrick? Given his demeanor, should he be a Gallant? That's also a figter/bard multiclass. I think that would make him considerably more orm a functional standpoint, than his vanilla incarnation. And it certainly fits his personality. Only question is would it be too radical a change?
    - What about Eldoth? His general demeanor, and his use of poison, say "Blade" to me.

I would think both of those are reasonable and consistent with the characters.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Yeah, I think those work. Bards can do so much already, restricting spells a little will keep them from becoming too good.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Why earthquake? Doesn't feel very bard-y to me.

Why earthquake? Doesn't feel very bard-y to me.

Rock and roll moves EVERYONE ;)
    edited September 2018
    I don't have a strong perference either way. I say do what you think is best.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    One more click is preferable than to losing a quick item slot for me. I'd go that route.
    edited September 2018
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263

The most controversial level change is probably going to be moving Mirror Image to 3rd level.

My most favorite feauter from Tome and Blood is moving mirror image to third level :p, so definitly a yes from me.

I could bring this a bit closer to the main UI screen, by using an item quickslot instead of the "item abilities" button. The bright side is, one less click (2 clicks instead of 3 to start singing; 1 click instead of 2 to stop singing). The trade-off is, it would eat up one of your item quickslots.

Devoting an item slot to the bard song sounds thematic and definitly worth the easy to click ability under item slots.

By the way spontaneous healing is truly powerful and definitly worth the higher spell slot, especially in the case of heal itself.

I always thought of the Gallant class as a Paladin/Bard in my head. I think they should have the option of paladin stronghold.

I think the ranger cabin makes more sense for the Meistersinger than the druid grove.

Everything else looks good to me.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853

ThacoBell said:

I always thought of the Gallant class as a Paladin/Bard in my head. I think they should have the option of paladin stronghold.

I see how Gallants might consider thenselves just like paladins, and want to be in the paladins' club... the real question is whether the paladins would accept a bard into their order.
    Some might, some might not but since f n p has champions who are neutral and who presumably have the paladin stronghold, I cannot see the problem.
    Well, if Mazzy can be knighted in her prologue, I don't see why a singing Paladin cannot get the stronghold.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    edited September 2018
    Hey @subtledoctor . How up to date are the various Readme's of your (and Aquadrizzt's & GrammarSalad's) mods now?
    I'd like to start a Ranger or Bard playthrough, but I always prefer to plan a bit ahead. (More specifically: do singleclass Rangers, revised by Faith & Power's sphere system, still get the feats from M&G?)
    @subtledoctor Wait, RR is compatible with MG? Which components don't clash?
    edited October 2018
    I always used RR until MG came along simply because I thought they'd be incompatible. But if the HLAs work, heck yeah I'm adding those in. Should I install it BEFORE Faith and powers, tome and blood, and might and guile?
    Thanks.
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    I usually install the Shadow Adept (Nightsinger) after Might and Guile since the bard will receive all of their spells through the menu, and they're all shadow related. Using the extra spells with MaG would give the Nightsinger an extra advantage. It takes a little practice to get it right.

Also, other bard kits (such as Bardic Wonders) gives bards such a powerful bard spell, one might wish to install these after MaG as well.
    edited October 2018