Skip to content

News about the 2.5 patch

167891012»

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    It should be totally possible to play MP now!. Make sure you have the same setup on both devices (BG:EE, or BG:EE+SoD on both).
  • Ewok612Ewok612 Member Posts: 3
    I have SoD on PC and it is a seperate app on iPhone. Could this be the problem?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited August 2018
    I recommend to file a report at support.baldursgate.com so that we could investigate. Thanks in advance!

Edit: There is a known issue that any PC installation that includes SoD will not be able to see or join BG games where SoD isn't installed (such as the iOS stand alone apps). There is a workaround if you are playing via Steam, as uninstalling the SoD DLC should fix the issue, but we recognize that this isn't ideal. There is currently an internal ticket filed for this behaviour.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    *a suggestion blows by on the wind*
    Make SoD standalone on PC...
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Theres not any real reason to want SOD to be standalone, I mean, except install size I guess.

But more importantly I think they cant. There were liscencing issues that allowed them to make a Baldurs Gate expansion but NOT a standalone Forgotten Realms game, if my information is correct and memory isnt defective.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    I think that's right, @valamyr. Beamdog had to get special permission from WotC to release SoD as stand-alone on tablets, basically because of app size limitations on the iOS App Store and Google Play.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Valamyr forgets a tiny detail about the edition. Beamdog could potentially add new D&D games, but they'd have to be 5th edition. To make SoD a 2nd edition game (which is kind of mandatory as it's part of the BGEE/BG2EE experience) they had to make it an expansion.
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    Thels said:

Valamyr forgets a tiny detail about the edition. Beamdog could potentially add new D&D games, but they'd have to be 5th edition. To make SoD a 2nd edition game (which is kind of mandatory as it's part of the BGEE/BG2EE experience) they had to make it an expansion.

I would love a beamdog 5th edition game though!
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Sure, I'd like that as well, but it would be really odd to have a 5e game within the BG continuity. SoD standalone as a 5e game just wouldn't work, because it would ruin character continuity.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    They want to control everything. It was pretty visible with the Wizards guy in yesterday stream. It must be a pain to work with them as it seems that you have to constantly ask if what you are doing is ok.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Well, Beamdog has to ask their permission EVEN for forum badges... :| Sounds like WoTC wants to control ANYTHING.
    Jawgo said:

Is the dual class character import bug going to be fixed? I'm currently playing BG:EE from GOG (version 2.3.67.3) and leveled a fighter (Con 18) to Lvl 6, then exported the character and imported it into The Black Pits; within TBP, I immediately dual classed her to mage, then leveled her to Lvl 8 and exported again. She had a total of 102 HP (including +6 HP from Fairy Dragon familiar) as a dual class fighter/mage (Lvl 6/8, respectively); when I imported into a new BG:EE game, her HP was 60...

Or has this bug been fixed in some version newer than 2.3.67.3? And if so, how do I upgrade my version? GOG still only has v2.3.67.3 available as an option.

@Jawgo

The 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will resolve a few old bugs, such as the incorrect amount of HPs while importing multiclass characters.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/10/october-05-livestream-recap.html
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    looking forward to 2.6!
    @AMP1972 SoD is on the patch list (i.e. it will be patched as a part of the 2.6 patch). 2.5.17 is the latest version, yes.