Skip to content

My best roll ever

Comments

• LoomisLoomis Member Posts: 25
    Luke93 said:

@Loomis First of all, you need portraits. You can find them here on this forum (there are several threads about custom portraits) or search on Google. Portraits for BG:EE are 24-bit bitmaps (.BMP). The optimal size is 210x330 pixels.

Once you have your portrait:

1. Rename it following these rules:
      • No spaces
      • No more than 8 characters long
      • Example: XXXX.bmp
    2. Zip it: XXXX.zip
    3. Rename it to: XXXX.bg1portrait
    4. Email it to yourself
    5. On your iOS device, tap the attachment and you'll be given the possibility to open the file with BG:EE, so tap the relative icon. The app will launch.
    6. Load your existing game.
    7. Navigate to: Record Screen -> Customize -> Appearance -> Select your new portrait (tap left from the first portrait to see custom portraits) -> done -> done.
    Thank you much ...
  • NecroscopeNecroscope Member Posts: 38
    For the first time since 1998 I rolled over 94. My new Ranger got a 97, a good start.

Margo the female dwarf Stalker will do quite well I am sure.
  • Yeah, I bought BG new the first week it was available, and never got a roll this good. It's an Undead Hunter, so kind of cheating, but a 95.

18/25

Probably my 10th re-roll, too.

• DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    101 Swashbuckler Human. he was a monster
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    Rolled a nice 93pt. Half-Elven FMT today for BG2 [OC unmodded]

Strength-------1800 !!
    Dexterity-------18
    Constitution----18
    Intelligence-----18
    Wisdom--------14
    Charisma-------7
    ThacoBell
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    Just rolled a 93 point figther/thief/mage for a new playthrough. Highest I got on a non-paladin character.
    ThacoBell
  • SimulacreSimulacre Member Posts: 102
    I never reached 100 since BGEE, congrats for those who did !

I'll be content with my 96 blade.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    That's a tasty bard roll.
    ThacoBell said:

That's a tasty bard roll.

I'm not complaining, that's for sure.

Someone got a better bard in this thread, though.
    edited October 2018
    Just rolled a 95 for my new M/T and my finger hit reroll, :s:'(

Twice!
    ThacoBell
    Dordledum said:

A classic.

You should stray your mouse a little on the right from the "reroll" button after each click so your brain has time to process if it's a good roll BEFORE your mouse is positioned to click again. Going right then left back on the button, right then left, right then left and so on will allow you to reroll quickly without getting tricked so easily.
    DordledumGotural
    edited October 2018
    Dordledum said:

Twice!

After this debacle I decided I want at least another 90+ roll for this character. Have been clicking for 2 hours since, and only 70s and 80s. I will not give up!

Edit: and 10 minutes later I'll gladly settle for 93!
    GoturalGreenWarlock
    Come on, you can get this 95 roll again ! ;)
    Gotural
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    That's my best roll :sunglasses:

StummvonBordwehr
    Those stats aren't technically possible to roll without cheats, right?
    Gotural
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Dordledum said:

Those stats aren't technically possible to roll without cheats, right?

Well, i think that a total of 568 it's a good hint about his cheating :D
    GoturalThacoBell
    I was just messing around with CTRL-8, removing stats points then using CTRL-8 again, etc.
    You actually don't need to cheat to get the maximum stats on all abilities. This is, however, a very theoritical observation because you're EXTREMELY unlikely to roll that.
    Simulacre said:

You actually don't need to cheat to get the maximum stats on all abilities. This is, however, a very theoritical observation because you're EXTREMELY unlikely to roll that.

true, but these stats have higher than maximum scores. I don't get how you can get 19 Int and Dex without a corresponding racial penalty on other stats, max 17 Con for instance.
    GoturalThacoBell
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    GoturalStummvonBordwehrThacoBell
    @Dordledum True, you cannot get such a high roll (110 total excluding the 458 remaining points) without cheating. And the 19 Int comes from the revised stats bonuses component from the Scales of Balance mod, but it is compensated by a -2 penalty to Constitution (Elf).

For real though, my best roll with an autoroller was a 103 or 104 IIRC and my best manual roll was a 100 for a Half-Elf Hexblade (Fighter kit) only two days ago! He's a blast to play :smile:
    DordledumStummvonBordwehr
    Dordledum said:

Simulacre said:

true, but these stats have higher than maximum scores. I don't get how you can get 19 Int and Dex without a corresponding racial penalty on other stats, max 17 Con for instance.
    Yes, you're correct. I suppose you could start over with an imported character that had benefited from a manual increase in one of several of his stats. Whether it's cheating or not, I guess it depends on people.

For me, it certainly is.
    Hey, I think I just had the best roll of my life.

A shining 98 for a Cleric/Mage. Now I usually HATE rolling that multiclass because half of rolls are under 80. I wasn't expecting a 98 - which would be my best roll for ALL classes, even Paladin cause I had a 96 back then - to slap me in the face. This will be the first time I roleplay such a blatantly strong character, although stats don't matter that much in game.

It's nice to see that after all these years, there's still something new for me.
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    StummvonBordwehrPermidion_Stark
    I won't settle for anything under 90, but have only once got a 100+ with a Cavelier. Rolling for 100+ every time isn't worth the time/effort it takes (for me).
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    edited October 2018
    I like rolling, but it becomes tedious after a while. I'll gladly spend one, two or even three hours on it but no more. When the music starts hurting your brain, it's a sign you should quit.

What I usually do is thinking about how many points I want for each of my abilities at least, then I start rolling and I stop as soon as I reach my objective. Since I'm reasonable, it doesn't take very long.

Once I start playing the game, I tend to forget about those stats anyway.

That said, I've always felt a bit unlucky with my rolls as I rarely go over 92. There were times I wished I had rolled more points despite reaching my initial objective. Ironically, my two best rolls were recently while I had settled for MUCH less in my mind.

I don't believe I've ever reached 100, although I could be wrong since there wasn't a total amount box before EE. Back then, you had to count manually. It's possible I missed a big one because of that.
    ThacoBellDordledumGrond0
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.