Skip to content

BG:EE, SoD 2.5 patches, Infinity Engine fixes and features, + the additional 2.5 IWD:EE patch

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Make sure you use the Beamdog Client. It'll allow you update the game.

https://www.beamdog.com/about/client_faq
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    It is free of DRM. The client just downloads and installs the games. No need for it to be running to launch the games.

It's like the old GOG Downloader.
    JuliusBorisovALIENThacoBellAerakar
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited September 2018
    Why is BG2:EE still on v2.5.16 when BG:EE is on v2.5.17? There are engine issues like this one that are marked as fixed in version 2.5.17, but since BG2:EE seems to have never arrived at that version, those issues are still present in it.
    Aerakar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This is a known issue, @Adul - the one was looked at. The 2.6 patch will fix the last inconsistency between games.
    SssiksseilorAdulGusinda
    @JuliusBorisov Thanks, that's good to know! That reminds me of another inconsistency that's a pet peeve of mine: custom sound sets don't work properly in BG:EE (selection sounds and other cues do not work), while they work fine in BG2:EE. Could you please check whether that issue is also to be fixed in the next update?
    JuliusBorisov
    That issue is known. I'm not sure if it will be a part of the 2.6 patch, or another patch.
    Adul
  • Blue_ThreeBlue_Three Member Posts: 28
    Is this one an issue that actually can be fixed? I feel like it's a limitation of the engine.

Is this one an issue that actually can be fixed? I feel like it's a limitation of the engine.

As @Aedan says,
    Aedan said:

You should open a ticket about it. A save game to reproduce this would be useful.

[Deleted User]
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    I'm playing SOD, excited to have M'Khiin in the party, as on my last run (pre 2.5 she disappeared from the camp). I haven't used her before, so not certain this is a bug or not, but when you equip a bow for example, her animation and paperdoll doesn't change.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
    Can you provide a save file and screenshots at support.baldursgate.com , @fluke13 ?
    [Deleted User]
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Ok, I'll raise a new item on support. I've fixed it on my end, so maybe I can share my code with the support team to save them time.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    Interestingly, a few mac specific issues remain...@JuliusBorisov

Bug #38925: Not registering Macbook Pro Trackpad clicks
    Author: **********
    Classification: Public Item
    Assignee:
    Category:
    Target version:
    Found In Version: 2.5.17.0
    Since updating from v.2.3.67.3 to v2.5.17.0 I've noticed a significant decrease in the responsiveness of my MacBook Pro's trackpad. While the previously identified ghost clicks appear to have been corrected, I'm finding that numerous clicks are not being registered period. I can press with more force, or on different parts of the track pad with no effect.

This is definite change with v2.5+ as I can go back to playing v.2.3.67.3 and my trackpad clicks are registered without issue.

I'm using a BGEE on a late 2013 MacBook using v2.5.17.0 from the app store. Of note I have also had the same issue on version v2.5.17.0 download from beamdog.com

and

Bug #38927: Unable to (two finger) secondary click on a character portrait
    Author: **********
    Classification: Public Item
    Assignee:
    Category:
    Target version:
    Found In Version: 2.5.17.0
    Since updating from v.2.3.67.3 to v2.5.17.0 I've noticed that I am unable to (two finger) secondary click on a character portrait. Interestingly if I change the secondary click option in my system preferences from two finger to lower right corner it works.

This is definite change with v2.5+ as I can go back to playing v.2.3.67.3 and my two finger secondary clicks are registered without issue.

I'm using a BGEE on a late 2013 MacBook using v2.5.17.0 from the app store. Of note I have also had the same issue on version v2.5.17.0 download from beamdog.com
    JuliusBorisov
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Having jumped up from 1.3 it is all still a bit new to me, but I noticed some of this as well, with a bit more focus. When trying to move items between my inventory and a container, I would often require multiple clicks to make a move work. However, picture the inventory portion as 4 boxes in a 2x2 grid. If I clicked on each box close to where they meet in the middle, then it worked every time, so there appears to be some extra factor at play too.
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks for reporting!
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    edited October 2018
    You're welcome.
    JuliusBorisov
    @JuliusBorisov I'm playing BG:EE with the "allow scrolling out of bounds" option off, and I've noticed that the camera shake effect (e.g. when I critical hit) doesn't work in areas that are small enough to fit into a single screen.

Since I've only seen this bug crop up whenever 1) I critical hit 2) in small areas, and 3) the "allow scrolling out of bounds" option is turned off, I haven't been able to figure out a way to reproduce the bug consistently, so I'm not sure how to open a ticket. Any advice on how to how to handle this issue?
    JuliusBorisov
    Report based on the info you see, - if our QA will have questions, they'll state them. Most likely it's caused by the consequence of https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36663 and https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/38961
    Adul
    JuliusBorisovtbone1
    JuliusBorisov

Seems like the tap targets in the iOS version have gone back to the bad old ~1.2 days. Super tiny. I literally cannot enter Joia's house near the FAI to get her ring quest, even if I zoom all the way in. I don't mind that iot's hard to get the special hidden items like the Ring of Wizardry - they should feel hidden. But if I can't enter doorways that is a Very Bad Thing.

Is this known already, or should I made a ticket on Redmine?

This is a known issue, and is being worked upon.
    edited October 2018
    It seems that the hobgoblin who is supposed to drop the Boots of Stealth is missing from AR3900 (and probably has been for some time). Is that intentional?

Edit: To be clear, this is not the hobgoblin associated with the Zhurlong's Missing Boots quest. That one is in a different area.
    @Adul This was done 5 years ago. The first pack of Hobgoblins to be killed will drop the boots and the other will not. "Make zhurlong's boots of stealth unique"
    AdulThacoBellBrecher
    @JuliusBorisov Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification!
    JuliusBorisov
    #24023 is marked as fixed, but it's not. Characters still reset their attack rounds each time their AI script assigns them a new target to attack.
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
    @Adul Please create a new bug report for this issue.
    Adul
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor Did you try opening the game's exe directly? Always works for me and never even opens the client.
    Torgrimmer
    TorgrimmerThacoBell