Skip to content

Beamdog streams

Comments

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331

During today's stream Trent and Luke ran out of time and didn't reply to pre-stream questions. We'll make sure they are answered next week.

Thank you
    JuliusBorisov
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    I have an idea: NWN3: some title in Unreal engine.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    danmon said:

I have an idea: NWN3: some title in Unreal engine.

Nwn3 in the Sierra game engine Adventure Game Interpreter!
    Make it so
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    Enhanced Keyboard control as mentioned in that linked post would be welcome, can you speak about any of the ideas in that post on today's stream?
    JuliusBorisov
    My question for this week.

Android and iOS apps seem to be in the same trello card, ie. Coming within 3 months.

That would mean that the IOS version of nwn is coming before Christmas, correct?

StummvonBordwehr
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Staran No. The plan is to do a big beta for Android first (as discussed during the streams). The name of the card is from the Input board.

@Staran No. The plan is to do a big beta for Android first (as discussed during the streams). The name of the card is from the Input board.

Well, in the development board, it has “bring to android, iOS and consoles” and it is in the short term (less than 3 months).
    It could have came from Neptune, but it is in the development board
    Any more questions for tomorrow? :)
    Aedan
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    @JuliusBorisov: Is it possible to create Ravenloft-campaigns in NW:EE? Are there assets? I know that this is not really "Forgotten Realms", but I want to know if it is possible somehow.
    Will console commands be available on mobile? They aren’t available on the other ee games.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Can Beamdog make NWN3?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited October 2018
    @fetito666 It is and has been possible to make Ravenloft modules in NwN and by inference in EE for a very long time now. There is currently a pw called "Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist" and it is one of the more popular EE pw's. There is also plenty of third party haks for the setting. In fact there was a custom content challenge on the theme of Ravenloft back in 2014.

@wildfire Wrong question. Of course they can. The right question is will they make NwN3. The probable answer is not for many years to come. Why should they? They've only been working on NwN EE for a relatively short time (Remember the original NwN took 5 years to create by a larger team).

TR
    Post edited by TarotRedhand on
    fetito666JuliusBorisovlolien
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    Can we expect FPS improvements on mac hardware? For example on my macbook air:
    Intel Core i5, 1.6GHz 2 cores,
    8GB ram
    Intel HD Graphics 6000, vram 1536 MB
    I struggle to get FPS above 30 on my external monitor running in 1920/1080 and even on the built in display at 1440/900. I have experimented with the various options and find VSync is the worst offender for killing the rate but without it I see some jerky jagged tearing when the camera rotates. I even get that tearing problem on my PC which normally keeps my FTPS above 100 without VSync.
    @Calgacus Please log it onto our bug tracker (support.baldursgate.com), and our QA will review the issue.
    From today's stream:
    fetito666 said:

@JuliusBorisov: Is it possible to create Ravenloft-campaigns in NW:EE? Are there assets? I know that this is not really "Forgotten Realms", but I want to know if it is possible somehow.

Officially, everything in NWN is created based on the Forgotten Realms, but there is a Ravenloft PW Server called Prisoners of the Mist (Run by our good friend @Soren, who is working on some stuff with us now) that proves out that it’s entirely possible. It would require some custom, possibly advanced, scripting for things like the Half-Vistani race, or other non-standard rules.

Check out https://www.nwnravenloft.com/ to see what they’ve accomplished!
    Staran said:

Will console commands be available on mobile? They aren’t available on the other ee games.

Yes - ## then console command.
    StummvonBordwehr
    The recap is getting a bit delayed because the dev build has to go out first.
    Aedan
    edited October 2018
    Got the patch. Just need the notes so I can check out nwsync. Need to know which pw site(s) to try it out on.

[edit] Just launched NwN and saw what I think is a new column in the internet game connection screen - sync. Unfortunately all of the pw's register as no sync.

Oh and [smug face] I already gave @fetito666 that information earlier in this thread B) .

TR
    fetito666
    Do you have questions for the livestream tomorrow?
  • RifleLeroyRifleLeroy Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2018
    nwn_EE:
    Any chance beamdog may added Shou Disciple and Eye of Gruumsh into the base game?
    Both classes are already present within the game,but not active.

Another question for nwn_EE:
    20...is it possible provide an ini setting to turn off the automatically success once the character/npc roll 20?
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573

nwn_EE:
    Any chance beamdog may added Shou Disciple and Eye of Gruumsh into the base game?
    Both classes are already present within the game,but not active.

Another question for nwn_EE:
    20...is it possible provide an ini setting to turn off the automatically success once the character/npc roll 20?

On trello, vote.
    LINK
    JuliusBorisov
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Ummm, the stream is just 20 minutes long?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/327682355##

Is there a livestream recap available somewhere?

Thank you!
    I have a question for the next stream. It is to do with an apparent oddity of Canadian law. While it is apparently perfectly legal to be a witch in Canada it is illegal to pretend to be one and if convicted the offender can face up to 6 months in prison and/or recieve a fine of up to $2000 Canadian. So the question is has any BD employee broken this (apparently soon to be repealed) law?

TR
    jonesr65God
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150

I have a question for the next stream. It is to do with an apparent oddity of Canadian law. While it is apparently perfectly legal to be a witch in Canada it is illegal to pretend to be one and if convicted the offender can face up to 6 months in prison and/or recieve a fine of up to $2000 Canadian. So the question is has any BD employee broken this (apparently soon to be repealed) law?

TR

And the trials be like

fetito666 said:

Ummm, the stream is just 20 minutes long?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/327682355##

Is there a livestream recap available somewhere?

Thank you!

There was a pause during the stream (so you can see 2 videos on Twitch). Because merging two videos takes time (for uploading it onto YouTube), the recap will be available today.
    fetito666[Deleted User]
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    I know you don't like to give ETA, but can we expect 2.6 soon? And are there any breaking UI changes in it?

There are a lot of nice fixes tagged 2.6 in redmine.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
    edited November 2018
    Could we get an update on the iOS version of neverwinter on Friday livestream?
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]StummvonBordwehr
  • DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32
    Question: You mentioned that there will be new lighting model for NWN is there any ETA ? Also how difficult do you expect transition of current locations to new lighting model to be?
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    My question is WHEN do you plan to add SOD companions in BG2EE? o:)
    [Deleted User]StummvonBordwehr
    How long untill BGNext will be closer to finalized production ?
    [Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.