Skip to content

Things You Can't Avoid Doing

I thought this would be a fun board to make.

Let's talk about things that you always find yourself doing everytime you do a playthrough.

My personal favorite?

Killing the entire Temple of Umberlee in Baldur's Gate. And sometimes, just to put a cherry on that sundae I kill the entire Umberlee Temple in Brynnlaw too.
GoturallolienJuliusBorisovRik_KirtaniyaOrlonKronsteenThacoBellMERLANCEZaghoulDaevelonAerakar[Deleted User]CrevsDaakgorgonzola

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309

Killing Neb ... twice!

You can kill Neb in Baldur's Gate?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Let Anomen fail his test. Every. Single. Time.

He's so much more palatable as a half-crazed CH Fighter/Cleric than as LG Paladin.
    OrlonKronsteen[Deleted User]
    @Kamigoroshi
    I can't bring myself to do something like that to Anomen and his family. Plus if I let him pass his test his wisdom goes up 4 points and he becomes an actually good Cleric.

When I'm Evil I just don't recruit Anomen, so I never have a opportunity to fail his quest.
    semiticgoddesssarevok57StummvonBordwehrgorgonzola
    @deltago
    I'm pretty sure it's Maple Willow Aspen but that is hilarious that is right up there with the ultimate Baldur's Gate trolling moves which include

Bitch Queen Priestess: Give me the book?

Charname: K, first give me the scroll

Priestess: (Gives Scroll)

Charname: Hah! I'm going to kill you now.
    Daevelon
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

@Skatan Is the pattern that you get powerful loot from each of them (Varscona, Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise, and Gauntlets of Ogre Power, respectively)?

Exactamundo! A cookie for you, sir.
    Rik_KirtaniyaAerakarlolien
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Killing Hexxat in the Copper Coronet so I don't get dragged into a conversation from 20 feet away while I'm dealing with the slavers.

Killing Hexxat a second time in Amkethran.

Killing Saemon Havarian as the githyanki and sahuagin board the ship.

Killing Saemon Havarian a second time in Amkethran, usually with Time Stop -> Shapechange: Mind Flayer.
    [Deleted User]Goturallolien
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Pretending Jan Jansen does not exist.
    Skatan[Deleted User]
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

@deltago
    I'm pretty sure it's Maple Willow Aspen but that is hilarious that is right up there with the ultimate Baldur's Gate trolling moves which include

Bitch Queen Priestess: Give me the book?

Charname: K, first give me the scroll

Priestess: (Gives Scroll)

Charname: Hah! I'm going to kill you now.

Why bother getting the scroll? Just promise to help her and then immediately kill her (optionally saying "Hah! I'm going to kill you now" if you want).
    ZaramMaldovarAerakar
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I always take Mazzy with me.
    BlackravenOrlonKronsteen[Deleted User]
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Grond0 said:

@Artona, do you mean Kirian? Sendai appears in the Cloud Peaks along with a couple of archer buddies.

Yes, you're right. But to be fair, BG1 Sendai wasn't very kind either. ;)
    Permidion_Stark[Deleted User]lolien
    What about turning into the Slayer and ripping the demon from the Svirfneblin Village to shreds?

As soon as I found out I could do that instead of reloading countless times to prevent a TPK I never turned back.
    AerakarOrlonKronsteen[Deleted User]
    @semiticgod
    What about his tendency to hold your party members?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @ZaramMaldovar: Don't remember that one. It might be non-SCS behavior. Is it the Implosion spell or a ranged, area-effect paralysis attack? In either case, (the Ring of) Free Action and Chaotic Commands should both block it. If it's Implosion, spell deflection/reflection/trap should block it; if it's something else, a low save vs. death (or perhaps spell, if it's not like a Nabassu's Death Gaze) should ensure a successful saving throw.
    ZaramMaldovar
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I don't think implosion is in vanilla BG2.