Skip to content

Things You Can't Avoid Doing

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I don't eat much peanut butter these days because the calories are pretty high, but I've always liked having one or two spoonfuls of peanut butter by itself, then washing it down with milk.
    ZaramMaldovarBalrog99
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Peanut Butter based sandwiches are good, but my personal preference is Tuna Sandwich with Mayo and Cheese. Or Jimmy John's

Zaram's personal preference is Grilled Cheese...which he makes himself. When your wife can accidentally summon a pit fiend making beef stew, you learn to cook for yourself.
    ThacoBell
    I haven't had a good grilled cheese sandwich in a while. I got one from Sonic the other day because they didn't have a whole lot of other vegetarian options, but it was really weak. There was barely any cheese, and the bread wasn't even toasted.

My mom always made the best grilled cheese sandwiches. She made them with butter in the pan, and they were so warm and melty.
    ZaramMaldovarThacoBell
    @semiticgod
    Sonic is amazing when it's good and terrible when it's bad, there is no in-between.

I remember on a Boy Scout Camping Trip making Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with mayo instead of butter because we had to improvise.

They turned out quite good actually.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Peanut Butter based sandwiches are good, but my personal preference is Tuna Sandwich with Mayo and Cheese. Or Jimmy John's

Zaram's personal preference is Grilled Cheese...which he makes himself. When your wife can accidentally summon a pit fiend making beef stew, you learn to cook for yourself.

Peanut Butter and honey is HEAVENLY if you haven't tried it yet. Pro Tip: Put the peanut butter on only one side of the bread and honey on the other. The honey will stick to the bread, but not the preanut butter.
    semiticgoddess
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Speaking of peanut butter, peanut butter breath is a little loud coming from others right after consumption. Funnily enough though, it's not as bad when you've had some yourself as well.

As to the OP though, collecting every darn book I come across and keeping it in my handy book bag from Candlekeep (BG-RE). It also comes in handy with the Shar-teel romance in BG1NPC Project. Although, I don't agree with Obe and the priest of Oghma saying, "Wisdom is only possessed by the learned." , if they meant book learning, as one does not have to read alot (or any for that matter) to be possessed of wisdom or common sense (kinda the whole needing 9 INT to read but can have a high wisdom on characters thing).
    [Deleted User]ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrlolien
    Zaghoul said:

As to the OP though

Boo!

Sonic is amazing when it's good and terrible when it's bad, there is no in-between.

I realized that when I ordered a burger and the lettuce was piping hot. They cooked the lettuce inside the burger!
    ThacoBell said:

Peanut Butter and honey is HEAVENLY if you haven't tried it yet.

Yup! I need to try that sometime soon... we have a jar of real honey (as opposed to the honey-flavored corn syrup you find at the store) and we still need to find a good use for it. So far, I've just been taking occasional spoonfuls out as a midnight snack.
    ThacoBell
    edited November 2018
    I just tried it, and it might have been a mistake. Word to the wise: if you're going to make a honey and peanut butter sandwich, don't be too generous with the honey and peanut butter, or else it's going to be really gooey and give you that weird feeling at the top of your throat.
    ThacoBell
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ThacoBell said:

sarevok57 said:

i dont like chunky peanut butter because when you are trying to make a sammich it wrecks the bread, so smooth or creamy all the way

Spreading chunky peanut butter requires a delicate touch. Like vrushing your teeth without ruining the toothbrush.
    my tooth brushes at BEST last 3 or 4 months before every brissle is completely bent over haha
    ThacoBell
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Um, what *is* this topic now? I thought I was clicking to read about stuff people always do in their BG runs. It's a topic about peanut butter? What's it doing in General Discussion?
    Thats what it is but we made a joke about thread derailment and it became this. It'll get back on track soon I'm sure.
    semiticgoddessThacoBell
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2018
    @ZaramMaldovar I have another topic for you to start (inspired by that one) :) "Things you are trying to do/accomplish in your PTs and fail".

As for this topic (to indeed bring it back on track) - I can not pass by any companion. Even if I am 100% sure I will not take that one for the ride, I still have to recruit him/her and send to the inn (thanks to the mod). Just in case, you know.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited November 2018
    speaking about getting back on track, two things i cant avoid doing:

in bg1: i must ALWAYS get the amulet of spell warding, you can get it at level 1, and its SUCH a good amulet, but even though i get the amulet doesn't mean i keep dorn, he just sits forever at the friendly arm inn

in bg2: i must ALWAYS get the ring of wizardry from jaheira's harper quest thingy, best part is, you barely need her on your team, just finish up the renald quest at the harper hold, and then have jaheira join the team, go back to harper hold, kill "baddies?" grab the ring, and then dump jaheira in some building afterwards, flawless B)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Honey is pretty good stuff, but to really live you've gotta take the big step... you've got to shell out for specialty gourmet honey from unusual sources. I love linden honey, though any herb-flower honey is quite good too. I have some divine thyme honey.

What type of peanut butter do people go for, the 'nothing but peanuts' that separates and is runny when warm, or the stuff with additives?
    I suppose I should get back on topic. I'm the one who started the peanut butter thing, anyway.

Here goes: One thing I can't avoid doing is talking about peanut butter.
    Balrog99ThacoBell
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Ever since I learned that playing on Insane in Icewind Dale gives you double experience, every single playthrough I've done in Icewind Dale has been on Insane (or Heart of Fury). It's not because I want to make the game easier; it's because I like having my characters level up more and become more powerful, and I like seeing larger experience amounts show up when I kill an enemy.

The same goes for Baldur's Gate. Once I learned that the Enhanced Edition version had gained an option to give extra experience based on the difficulty, every single playthrough of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 I've done has been on Insane.
    sarevok57ThacoBell
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

Um, what *is* this topic now? I thought I was clicking to read about stuff people always do in their BG runs. It's a topic about peanut butter? What's it doing in General Discussion?

Heh. Maybe it hints at something no one has said yet. The thing that can't be avoided is eating peanut butter sandwiches and snacks while playing BG. :) That does kinda remind me of the old ' Don't forget to eat' messages of the original game.

Still though, sometimes it is hard to avoid not eating while playing, esp. if some big fight is going to start. " I'll eat right after.. ok, no, right after the next bit..." The next thing ya know ya haven't eaten and your sittin in a pitch black room with nothing but the computer screen to light the way. B)
    ThacoBellBalrog99gorgonzola
    Does anyone else always make the Copper Coronet their unofficial headquarters?

I honestly do the same with the Feldepost in BG1.
    lroumenThacoBellAerakar
    I never really used containers unless I had to.

Great for placing excess loot though.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I always pick up https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Butter_Knife_of_Balduran and use it to spread my chunky peanutbutter on my sandwiches.
    GusindaZaramMaldovarlolienThacoBell
    @Skatan
    I prefer using Heart of The Golem +2 myself.
    Revenant: Can I have my dagger back?
    Me: MAKING TOAST!
    Revenant: Must...revenge!
    Me: BUTTERING TOAST!
    SkatanDreadKhanThacoBellronaldo
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    I always buy the shield of balduran as i must own a such powerful item, then i never use it as to fight the beholders without it is much more fun.

I always loose at least one battle for being over confident.
    semiticgoddess
    @gorgonzola [quote="gorgonzola;c-1085472"to fight the beholders without it is much more fun.[/quote]

r8licw7ey8zz.jpg

I prefer the weapon that makes Beholder kills themselves, it's fun. I can have Anomen solo the entire pack of Beholders in the Unseeing Eye quest.

Just don't use to fight the pack of Elder Orbs in Hell....you'll be disappointed.
    gorgonzolaThacoBell
    edited July 2019
    Butterknife of Balduran= Making Toast
    Swords of Balduran= Cutting Cake
    Cloak of Balduran= Napkin
    Shield of Balduran= Plate
    Helm of Balduran= ????
    Plate of Balduran= ????

The Barbarian's Way of Life...outside of fighting of course.
    ThacoBell
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Helm of Balduran= Mead cup
    Plate of Balduran= Pyjamas
    ThacoBell
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    edited July 2019
    Heh, I used Korgan with that shield, he rofl-stomped those Elder Orbs iirc.
    @DreadKhan
    Ah yes, Bezerker Rage trumps Imprisonment. I almost forgot.
    ThacoBell
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Invisibility, if a character is able to disappear before the spell is cast, also makes immune from inprisonment, many ways to counter orbs and hive mothers, and a shield that gives a victory with no effort is not the way my taste likes, but each one has his own taste...
    A fast toon that can use the terrain features can go invisible at will...
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    Does anyone else always make the Copper Coronet their unofficial headquarters?

I honestly do the same with the Feldepost in BG1.

I change up my HQ inn every game, some games Feldepost's, others the Burning Wizard, etc.