Skip to content

Introducing the NWN:EE Development branch

Comments

• Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Question for the devs in this week's upcoming livestream: Taking into consideration the work being done on NWSync and the release of 64-bit following GOG, how many development builds do you think Weapon Masters are away from being able to select Unarmed Strike as their "Weapon of Choice"? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisovricoyung
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited November 2018
    @JuliusBorisov I just wanted to let you know that 3 of my 4 installations of NWN:EE are patched to the current Dev Build. My installation of NWN:EE English is at Development Build v77.8181, while English Development, Digital Deluxe and Digital Deluxe Development are v78.8186. Is this intended? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisov
    @Prince_Raymond It should be fixed now - see here and here.
    Prince_Raymond
    @JuliusBorisov Yes, all 4 installations are the versions they need to be. Thanks to everyone @Beamdog for their Johnny-on-the-spot support. Also, thank you to whoever personally allowed the Keen item property to be applied to gauntlets. I don't recall if that has been possible from the beginning, or if that was a new development of the Toolset. From what I understood, only slashing and piercing melee weapons could be made Keen. This was the reason behind my Trello Input Board proposal to add the "Weapon of Impact" spell and the "Impact" item property, so that bludgeoning melee weapons could also have their critical threat ranges doubled. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited December 2018
    Just noticed after starting the Beamdog Client that there are additional prompts on the dropdown menu, such as multiple language extras. I also noticed that the title of my installation of the stable branch of NWN:EE has officially been changed to "Retail", which the client notified me of an available update for my game. It seems that this change has been implemented rather suddenly, as at the time of this post there have been no postings on the Beamblog or the Notes section of Steam's NWN:EE webpage regarding what this latest update does. The version of my installation of NWN:EE remains the same (8186). Could someone please provide feedback as to what changes, if any, were made in this update? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming (and holidays) to all.
    grom56
    @Prince_Raymond This is due to us working to fix this problem. We'll send out a newsletter soon.
    Prince_Raymond
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Can we get a option to include seeing thru static placables also?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited December 2018
    Re. Keyholing -

Can builders turn it off on a per module basis? Also, once it enters the mainstream can you have it turned off by default instead of on by default. This is so that old modules that weren't designed with this in mind don't have deliberately concealed items revealed.

TR
    edited July 2019
    There is an update to the NWN:EE Development Build available, yet I currently can't update my game through the Beamdog Client. The process starts at 291.95 MB to download, but my connection gradually gets throttled down to 0 B/s. This makes downloading and installing the update impossible. Help? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    hook71
    There is an update to the NWN:EE Development Build available, yet I currently can't update my game through the Beamdog Client. The process starts at 291.95 MB to download, but my connection gradually gets throttled down to 0 B/s. This makes downloading and installing the update impossible. Help? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

We're working on that. We'll share an update when we can.
    Prince_Raymond
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    If there a new patch, can we get some patch notes? Thank you.
    @JuliusBorisov
    Prince_Raymond
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    I'm having the same problem. I hope it gets fixed soon.
    Prince_Raymond
    We're still trying to solve the issue with the Beamdog Client stuck on downloading the next dev build. And yes, when there's a new patch, we'll, of course, release the patch notes.
    VivienneL
    That's good to know.
    edited July 2019
    @JuliusBorisov Just thought I should drop a line here and let you know that the screen resolution for my copy of NWN:EE Development starts at 1920x1057 instead of 1920x1080 60 hz. Out of the only 2 UI scale options at that resolution, it defaults back to 1 after being set to 2 then exiting and restarting the game. Also, the FullScreen=1 option is missing from the nwn.ini file. Anyone else having similar issues like the one I'm experiencing? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    @JuliusBorisov Just thought I should drop a line here and let you know that the screen resolution for my copy of NWN:EE Development starts at 1920x1057 instead of 1920x1080 60 hz. Out of the only 2 UI scale options at that resolution, it defaults back to 1 after being set to 2 then exiting and restarting the game. Also, the FullScreen=1 option is missing from the nwn.ini file. Anyone else having similar issues like the one I'm experiencing? Thank you for reading and happy gaming to all.
    The same thing is happening to my game, though the nwn.ini is untouched but there's a new file called settings.tml which seems to have the new configurations ie. no fullscreen etc. If I change it in there and start the game again it defaults again to: default = "windowed" in that file and has no effect in the game. I'm playing in Linux using wine. The game won't even start in Linux and throws an error: exit code 139.
    edited July 2019
    Apart from the mouse control issues I mentioned in this thread -

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76305/new-developement-patch-screws-up-mouse-control

There appears that there is an issue with loading saved games too. See -

https://forum.neverwintervault.org/t/ee-dev-version-wont-load-saved-games/2165

Also, it appears to mess with NWHak too. My MRU list is cleared and it now opens in windowed mode.

TR
  • DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    edited July 2019
    I don't think there's been a new build since december last year? Is it only just now giving issues?
    edited July 2019
    I'm on vacation right now, but I heard that there was a wrong build uploaded to the dev torrent. The office developers will look into it this week. See https://forum.neverwintervault.org/t/ee-dev-version-wont-load-saved-games/2165/7
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    edited June 2022
    @JuliusBorisov Ah. I was wondering why I saw two files, "Galaxy.dll" and "Galaxy64.dll", in the bin>win32 folder of the Development Build's game location. The File Description reads as "GOG Galaxy Library" when you left-click on the "Details" tab after right-clicking on either file and left-clicking on "Properties" at the bottom of the prompt menu. That struck me as odd considering the fact that this build was supposed to be released directly through @Beamdog, and not shipped through GOG. Don't tell me there could actually be some validity to my little BeamGOG pun I made earlier in the year. Wouldn't it be funny for you to return from your vacation just in time to find there had been a merger between the two companies? At any rate, relax and enjoy your time away. You've definitely earned it and then some. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited July 2019
    Greetings. I don't know how, but all the options I needed to see in nwn.ini showed up. I was able to adjust them in the file and save it so they would stay set. Among the options I saw, there were two I had never seen before. Here is a "Copy/Paste" of them.

Borderless=1
    FullScreenDesktopMode=1
    FullScreen=1

I'm sure we all know by now the "FullScreen=" option, and I have a pretty good idea what the other two mean. Just in case, would someone who is tech savvy be so kind as to interpret them for me? By the way, Enable ScreenEdgeCameraTurn=1 still doesn't work. I also noticed that, in Video Options, there is no visible option to switch my graphics from "Fast" to "Best". The slider (for lack of a better word) just isn't there. At the very least, I'm happy that I don't have to reset my screen resolution every time I play my copy of the Development Build. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    Big news, everyone!

Development Build 8188 for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is now available on Steam and (very soon) from the Beamdog Client!

It contains over 50 fixes and features (including achievements!) as we continue to work on the new graphics rendering engine.

Check out the full patch list!
    I hate windowed mode. How do I get fullscreen back please now that the ini file is to be ignored?

TR
    As a follow-up question to Mr. Redhand's, what program would you recommend I use to open the settings.tml file? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    The TML file is just a plain text file. I used notepad++ to view the contents via the right click menu. Inside it is arranged as a hierarchical settings file and there are a lot of things in there. The only trouble is I have so many questions about this file that I am not going to alter anything in it until there is documentation for it.

TR
    Prince_Raymond