Skip to content

[v1.61] Drake, a human priest of Tyr NPC for BG:EE and SoD

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited January 2018
    Just a question to Drake's transition into SoD.

I had him in party defeating Sarevok. He moved with my final BG1 party into SoD Korlasz tomb - this part looks alright to me.
    Now I did the second transition into Ducal Palace. He stays in party. Maybe it's correct or maybe it's missing some BD0103,bcs code?
    Just want to make sure it's what was expected before I continue SoD.

I assume it's not intended this way because when I kick him out he has a parting dialogue that says he'll go to FAI.

So I added this to BD0103.bcs
    IF
    	OR(2)
    		InMyArea("C0Drake")  
    		InPartyAllowDead("C0Drake")  
    	GlobalLT("BD_PLOT","GLOBAL",51)
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		ActionOverride("C0Drake",LeaveParty())
    		SmallWait(1)
    		ActionOverride("C0Drake",DestroySelf())
    		Continue()
    END

EDIT - I found that the code is in your mod but the SoD part failed to install in my game. So this is local error, sorry for bothering.
    Post edited by PaulaMigrate on
  • verlaineverlaine Member Posts: 47

Just a question to Drake's transition into SoD.

I had him in party defeating Sarevok. He moved with my final BG1 party into SoD Korlasz tomb - this part looks alright to me.
    Now I did the second transition into Ducal Palace. He stays in party. Maybe it's correct or maybe it's missing some BD0103,bcs code?
    Just want to make sure it's what was expected before I continue SoD.

I assume it's not intended this way because when I kick him out he has a parting dialogue that says he'll go to FAI.

So I added this to BD0103.bcs
    IF OR(2) InMyArea("C0Drake") InPartyAllowDead("C0Drake") GlobalLT("BD_PLOT","GLOBAL",51) THEN RESPONSE #100 ActionOverride("C0Drake",LeaveParty()) SmallWait(1) ActionOverride("C0Drake",DestroySelf()) Continue() END

EDIT - I found that the code is in your mod but the SoD part failed to install in my game. So this is local error, sorry for bothering.

@PaulaMigrate
    Think that there's still an error in the mod, it's in the packaging. See, if you only install BG1 component but not SoD component, the bd0103 code is not compiled and Drake stays in your party all the time.

The tp2 code of
    EXTEND_TOP ~bd0103.bcs~ ~Drake/scripts/bd0103.baf~
    should be in the main component, maybe with
    ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~bd0103.bcs~ THEN BEGIN
    EXTEND_TOP ~bd0103.bcs~ ~Drake/scripts/bd0103.baf~
    END
    PaulaMigrateWise_Grimwald
  • zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    edited January 2018
    Sorry I just arrived in Baldur's gate, I was told a guy was searching for Drake in town and to meet him... in the blushing mermaid was it ? It didn't leave an entry in the journal, but he is not in the blushing mermaid, so what ?
    Nevermind I looked in the dialog files, it's in the elfsong tavern...
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    I’m back playing the game(s) after a long hiatus involving the Witcher series, and felt I would add my voice to the chorus in appreciation of Drake. I went with a paladin heavy party on my current run (Cavalier Charname, Ajantis and Sirene), and Drake is very much an integral piece to the party! Love his banters (particularly with Ajantis), personality and capabilities (crossbow of Speed has a user!!!!). Thanks for creating him for us to enjoy.
    MirandelCaszidy
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @EnialusMeliamne

Thank you.

I hope I will continue to deliver in my future content and will not disappoint.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Sorry if this is already fixed. I have a report that one of Drake and MKhiin's banters in SoD keeps repeating itself.
    v1.0
    • Fixed a bugged interjection that breaks Tenya's quest
    • Merged installation options: mod auto-detects and installs content for SoD
    • Universal crossbows is now a subcomponent of the NPC mod (sorry!)
    Mirandel
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    I need a "LOVE IT" not just "like" button for crossbows alone!
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Mirandel

To clarify: Universal Crossbows was originally a separate component on its own. However because it causes issues if it somehow ends up before the NPC component in the install order, so I merged them into one component. Now you must install the NPC to get the tweak.
    Wise_Grimwald
    And since Drake is part of my set up anyway, I now get 2 for 1 :) (Used variations of Universal Crossbows too before, but it's not part of BWS, so, much prefer it now - with Drake and BWS)
    Wise_Grimwald
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Does this mod require that SoD be installed? I prefer to play with an older (pre-SoD) version of BG:EE.
    @SharGuidesMyHand

The mod detects for SoD and will only install content if you have the expansion, but I do not support pre-v2.0 versions of the game. I can't remember if this mod has anything that depends on new patches but I do not promise it will run 100% as intended.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    I started an SoD game with Drake and got as far as Baldurs Gate itself. I really, really enjoyed playing with him. However the install was a wee bit dodgy (I used an old version purchased from Good old Games) and things were occasionally a wee bit wierd right from the start. When I got to the city the mouse control and graphics went totally unplayable, so I decided to do a clean reinstall.

This time I used games bought direct from Beamdog, and installed the latest version using their client. I haven't used modmerge as I read it is not necessary with the Beam Dog versions. I succesfully installed the G3 miniquest mod in the 00806 folder (the one created for SoD) so I knew I was using the correct folder. However it totally refused to install Drake :( After I extracted Drake to the folder, and clicked SetUpDrake it just gave me the standard "this mod failed to install correctly popup, and nothing appeared in the Weidu log.

I have couple of specific questions, but would also greatly appreciate any other advice.
    1/. Do I need to use mod merge anyway?
    2/. Is Drake available using BigWorldSetup?
    An update - I just installed a clean version, and played a bit before adding mods. This time I added Drake first, then the G3 Tweaks Anthology. These were both succesful. Thats all I need really - any more would just be icing on the cake, so I've left it at that.

btw kudos+++++ for giving us a character who is a bit older, and a little battered round the edges. He looks at the world kind of like I do - with a strong streak of suspicion but no totally without hope .... well maybe a very teeny amount of hope but it's still there. I love this guy!
    Wise_GrimwaldMirandel
    v1.1
    • Updated SoD banter script to hopefully eliminate cases of stuttering
    Zaghoul
    Still having loads of fun with Drake, and I am slowly working through the game.
    If I use Tomes to increase his wisdom score in the BGEE portion of the game, will his Wisdom still be raised when I meet him in SoD?
    Oh I forgot to ask - will he still have the equipment he was wearing/carrying at the end of the final battle in BGEE?
    @kiwidoc

It should. I implemented the code for BG1 party members that transfer to SoD to keep their stuff.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    Okay, I'm stuck on Drake's quest. I'm told to go to the Baldur's Gate west sewers, but I've scowered every corner of 'em and can't figure out where to go. Am I missing something?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Welp, have to start a new run due to install corruption. Looks like a perfect opportunity to try this guy out.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    I run into a bug. In SoD on the Coast Way Crossing - after Baeloth joined my party Drake started to initiate dialogues with me like crazy (really not playable due to that), but it's regular dialog option like when I start the dialogue with him, not banter dialogue.
    I was thinking if it could be somehow connected with reputation - dropped to 9 due to -2 penalty for accepting the drow.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Caszidy

It is due to reputation. Fixed now.
    CaszidyGusinda
    edited December 2018
    Made an alternate portrait for Drake. Not enough to warrant a new release, but worth sharing nonetheless. Simply replace the existing portraits folder in the mod folder with the one attached. If the mod is already installed, copy the .bmp files into the override folder.

Edit: BG2-style version:

Post edited by TheArtisan on
    Zaghoulmegamike15Mirandel
    Very handsome if a touch too young for Drake.
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    edited January 2019
    I love the original portrait the most, it fits in really well with the Artaport portrait pack I use. However this new portrait looks good too, might need to give it a try :)
  • jpayettejpayette Member Posts: 14
    Noticed a small issue with the mod: the "voice fixing" script seems to be out of date. Some of the text lines are different and, more importantly, there's no audio files linked to them, so if you use the functionality, he ends up with no soundset.

I fixed up the /scripts/c0dreset.baf file and that seems to have fixed it.
    Mirandel
    Fixed and updated.
    Gusinda
  • jpayettejpayette Member Posts: 14
    Found an issue with Drake's banters with Rasaad in SoD - after the second banter, the C02DrakeRasaad variable is not incremented, leading to the same banter repeating multiple times. Eventually, Drake somehow got into a state where his script was cancelling his actions every few seconds. I don't 100% understand how that happened, but manually changing the variable to 3 caused him to start behaving normally again.
    Fixed. Thank you.
    Gusinda