Skip to content

If you could choose anyone for your party...

Not sure if anyone has done this yet, but I was interested to find out who people would pick for their party if they could pick ANY npc from any IE game, and in any combination they wanted, whether it be Squip from Saradush coupled with Belhifet.

Example: (I know these ones all come from BG1 but this was just my personal choice)
Korax
Maple Willow Aspen
Peter of the North
Lusselyn
Noober

Korax would be like the Imoen of the group, always following me and never leaving the group no matter what. His paralysing attack would make him a good fighter kind of party member.

Maple Willow Aspen would be a druid (but not be choice) whilst Peter of the North a ranger. Peter will try and flirt with Maple, but she misinterprets his frequent 'wood' references, and so they end up fighting to the death. I should also specify that Peter has a very high charisma, and he is proficient in quarterstaffs (since he *ahem*, wields his shaft with grace and poise).

Lusselyn is also a fighter but he is always intoxicated. He is also the romance option in this party, he's just such a swell guy!

Meanwhile Noober is a chaotic evil jester. His 'song' is more powerful than the average jester, though, like Eldoth, no one likes him, and they would rather see him dead. You are also permanently sent down to 1 reputation while Noober is on your party.
JLeeThacoBellSkatanGrond0gorgonzola

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Illasera, Balthazar, Yaga-Shura, Sendai and Abazigal.

"What was that about ascending Mellisan? I don't think so!"
    smyth25BelgarathMTHgorgonzola
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    How about a team of gods?

Bhaal
    Cyric
    Amaunator
    Iyachtu Xvim
    Lady of Pain

It would be a powerful team, though there would probably be a lot of arguments and fights between party members.
    Balrog99smyth25
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Dili, the shapeshifting little girl from Spellhold
    Bodhi
    King Ixilthetocal from the City of Caverns
    Lilarcor (make him into a Mordenkainen's Sword)
    Pai'Na
    Rejiek Hidesman
    smyth25gorgonzola
  • WormkingWormking Member Posts: 60
    Insane people you can recruit to fight irenicus in spellhold + the guy who has deck of many things:

Wanev
    Aphril
    Dradeel
    Tiax
    Aesgareth
    smyth25gorgonzola
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Narlen Darkwalk
    Hurgan Stoneblade
    Cythandria
    The Spectator Beholder
    Saladrex

Cythandria would coo on Saladrex so he moves his fat ass and Hurgan would be in charge of entertaining the Spectator enough to have him work for once in his life. Narlen and Charname would be the reliable members of the team... the long-suffering reliable members. They would speak entirely in cant just to annoy the others and give constant snarky commentary.
    smyth25Skatan
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2019
    Neb
    Khellon Menold
    Kalah
    Mad Arcand
    Mutamin

That ought to be good.
    smyth25Skatan
    Wasn't there a thread where somebody did a 'ctrl q' run? Every time a party member would die they'd 'ctrl q' some random npc/creature into the party to replace them. It was an interesting concept but I can't remember how far into the story he/she took it or how many bugs were encountered.
    JLeesmyth25ThacoBell
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Flashburn: Were you the one with the CTRL-Q run? I remember someone mentioning that they used the Seducer kit to do a similar run and I don't remember who else has posted runs featuring the Seducer kit.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    ThacoBell said:
    I feel like the odd man out here. There aren't many non-joinable npcs I wish I could take with me. But the Spectator Beholder and Saemon might be fun.
     You know what? The more I think about having Saemon as a party member, the better it sounds. Just imagine:

Through a magical curse, Saemon is compelled to remain with the party unless released by charname. But Saemon still has chronic backstabbing disorder, so he constantly betrays the party, but is stuck dealing with the consequences of his own actions. Hijinks ensue.
    Balrog99ArtonaDragonspeargorgonzola
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @Flashburn: Were you the one with the CTRL-Q run? I remember someone mentioning that they used the Seducer kit to do a similar run and I don't remember who else has posted runs featuring the Seducer kit.
    Yes, I did a ctrl+q run for BG2 some years ago here. I did half of one for BG1 here and then lost interest because the run was way more interesting in BG2 due to a much greater enemy variety.
    Kurona
    Flashburn said:

Yes, I did a ctrl+q run for BG2 some years ago here. I did half of one for BG1 here and then lost interest because the run was way more interesting in BG2 due to a much greater enemy variety.

Were there many bugs in your run? I've been really interested in trying this out for myself but not if it's too much of a pain in the ass. What happens if you recruit wolves or gibberlings in your party? Can you only recruit NPC's? Just curious...
    @Balrog99
    If you ctrl+Q an enemy/NPC and see on its record sheet that it has no class, do not try to level it up or the game will crash.  They will level up normally if they do have an assigned class.  That's about it.  It's not glitchy if you exercise a little common sense when deciding who to brainwash.

Random gibberling?  That's fine.  Basilisk?  Go for it.  Drizzt?  Well, if you enjoy that.  Renal Bloodscalp?  Probably very unwise if you're not already in chapter 6 of BG2.  Dace Sontan?  I'm pretty sure you need to stake him to get his hand and that implies killing him first.
    Balrog99Kurona
    Flashburn said:

@Balrog99
    If you ctrl+Q an enemy/NPC and see on its record sheet that it has no class, do not try to level it up or the game will crash.  They will level up normally if they do have an assigned class.  That's about it.  It's not glitchy if you exercise a little common sense when deciding who to brainwash.

Random gibberling?  That's fine.  Basilisk?  Go for it.  Drizzt?  Well, if you enjoy that.  Renal Bloodscalp?  Probably very unwise if you're not already in chapter 6 of BG2.  Dace Sontan?  I'm pretty sure you need to stake him to get his hand and that implies killing him first.

Did you go all the way through ToB? Just wondering if you went to completion.
    Yes, to the very end including the Ascension final boss.
    Balrog99
    What was your final party?
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Uncle Lester. He needs riches for his mistress. ;)
    Balrog99ThacoBellgorgonzola
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Since Deekin isn't an option, I'd go with:

Habib Khalid Achmed Allafif - He would throw scimitars at people and then run away. Party ranged master.
    Viekang - Party tank, for about 1,5 seconds before he randomly teleports away and the party have to traverse the world to find him again.
    Tiax - Because Tiax is Tiax and should be available in BG2 as well. Party thief and master of the world.
    Gorion - I once did a ctr-q run in BG1 with old Gorion. The ambush never occured and charname and Gorion traversed the Sword Coast. Gorion's tutelage continued and Charname never had to deal with his death (not advisable even though it was kinda fun to have him around, he wasn't created to level etc. He has massive HP though, ~256 IIRC?)
    Volo - Party bard, storyteller and overall an epic guy to have around when drinking mead at the local inn.

I'd think this would be an interesting run.

ThacoBell
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Drasus, "The Mouthy One", outside the Cloakwood mines. The guy who wants to have mead with the puppet he'll make out of your head. I always got Joker-vibes from that bloodthirsty mirth of his.  

Too bad that charname ruins potentially great party banter by always killing the mouthy one.
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Gray Wolf, Larry, Darryl, Darryl, Tamoko
    ThacoBell
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Me and five of my simulacras. They would stay on for infinite duration until killed or dispelled, at which point I can recast the spell and bring them back again. That kind of a run would prove really interesting...

No arguments, no worries, no complaints. Ah, peace...
    ArtonaBalrog99
    @Rik_Kirtaniya aren't you worried that as some point you would forget who is who?
    "I am Charname!"
    "No, you are simply a simulacrum!" I am the real Charname!". ;)
    Rik_KirtaniyasemiticgoddessThacoBellgorgonzola
    Artona said:

@Rik_Kirtaniya aren't you worried that as some point you would forget who is who?
    "I am Charname!"
    @Artona Actually, no. Simulacras have only 60% of the XP and level of the original. They would be a few levels behind me, so I can check that out by seeing who can cast the highest level spells. Moreover, I've got more serious things to do than fight with myself (or my apparitions). Being my simulacras, they'll think like me. We are of one mind.

However, if things get too inconvenient, I can always dispel them and summon new ones... ;)

Thanks for your concern though!
    Artona
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    "I am Charname!"
    @Artona Actually, no. Simulacras have only 60% of the XP and level of the original. They would be a few levels behind me, so I can check that out by seeing who can cast the highest level spells. Moreover, I've got more serious things to do than fight with myself (or my apparitions). Being my simulacras, they'll think like me. We are of one mind. However, if things get too inconvenient, I can always dispel them and summon new ones... ;) Thanks for your concern though!
    That might be fine if you were good alignment, but permanent simulacra for an evil mage would be just begging them to find a friendly (or bribable) priest to restore them to full strength before attacking you with spell immunity up B).
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBell
    edited January 2019
    Grond0 said:

That might be fine if you were good alignment...

...which is the case. (Everyone knows that! o:) ) Otherwise, I won't be thinking about it! :D

Edit: Forum formatting seems to have got insane... :/
    @Rik_Kirtaniya - I know, I was just kidding. Your idea just reminded me of Hordes of the Underdark. That campaign had several clones of certain wizard, and each clone was 100% sure that they are the real one. :)
    Rik_KirtaniyaSkatanGrond0ThacoBell
    Grond0 said:

... before attacking you with spell immunity up B).

@Grond0 By the way, this brings up a question for me. Does Spell Immunity block the effects of Death Fog / Death Spell when used by a summoned creature? This is because in the description of the Death Fog spell it says: "Death Fog will also instantly kill all summoned creatures, regardless of their Hit Dice and immunities."
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    @Rik_Kirtaniya good question, to which I don't know the answer ;). My guess is that it wouldn't block the effect on the grounds that's not really magical in nature, but directly attacks anything flagged as a summons. However, someone more knowledgeable will have to confirm whether that's the case.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    My dream team:

Kruin
    Tiax
    Samia
    Drush
    Saemon Havarian

Skatan