Skip to content

Beamdog partners with Skybound Games

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited February 2019 in News
We’re thrilled to announce Beamdog's new partnership with Skybound Games! They're the publisher behind Slime Rancher, The Long Dark, and other fantastically fun titles.

We've teamed up with Skybound to bring our D&D Enhanced Editions to console - for the first time ever!

Watch out for these epic games in retail and digital stores later this year!

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Check out the full announcement by Skybound Games here.

Want to know more about what to expect with these upcoming console releases, including specific platforms and box contents? Follow Skybound Games on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
anastielStummvonBordwehrspacejawsAedanmegamike15SteveRogers41lefreutDanElTressetArcanistaclaneSkatangugulug5000lolienO_Bruce[Deleted User]Prince_RaymondFaydarkKorekizAerakarLumyriagouken510

Comments

• anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    oooow perfect <3
  • SteveRogers41SteveRogers41 Member Posts: 33
    I have PC versions of all of these games already so I don't have any need for a console copy...but what the heck, I'll buy one anyway, especially if there's a physical release.
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    I would love to play the games on PS4!!!
    StummvonBordwehranastiel
  • deathmonkey2k5deathmonkey2k5 Member Posts: 14
    My only worry about these projects right now is how the controls would work. Otherwise I’m looking forward to them, and I’d at the very least pick up NWN.
    [Deleted User]
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    But will they work on Virtual Boy?!

Who doesn't want this scene in black and red glory?

MERLANCE[Deleted User]
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Heh, I remember wondering about a console port back when the EE where first announced.
    Kinda curious how the ports will turn out....

Does that mean you plan to recreate the D&D games for VR next? =P
    But seriously, nice news and thanks for that! ^_^

(here is hoping we will get more D&D games soon, not all of us have access to p&p =D)
    spacejawsIpaulbot
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    My only worry about these projects right now is how the controls would work.

no matter how and how well, it means someone will be buying it and it has to be supported (for a while at least). and that means IE is still somewhat alive ...
    SteveRogers41spacejawsLudwig_IIStummvonBordwehr
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    Congrats, Team Beamdog!
    It's awesome to see the IE games slowly conquering every platform out there! :smile:
    SteveRogers41spacejawsLudwig_IIJuliusBorisov
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Congrats on the deal sounds like a pretty interesting dynamic. Hopefully it pans out and introduces a whole bunch of players to the franchise that have been sitting who prefer consoles.

So...when’s that Vita version? :D

Honestly torn between Switch version or a PS4 version for those Platinum trophies. I’ve got it on the phone and find it entirely playable and then on a laptop. Decisions decisions.

Any idea if it will be crossplay at all or is that idea out of rhe window for the console versions?
    SteveRogers41switArcanis
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Atari 2600 cartridge version? :wink:
    MERLANCEThacoBell
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

Found an error: Someone clearly forgot to put #VirtualBoy in there.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Nice - I hope this will bring in a lot of revenue and ensure a sunny future for Beamdog ! :)
    SteveRogers41
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    Will UI for console be simplified ?
    Of so, could spell book UI be more accessible, faster to chose spell from it?
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    Arcanis wrote: »
    (here is hoping we will get more D&D games soon, not all of us have access to p&p =D )

I think I know what you probably mean, but this made me laugh out loud: no pen and paper? Poor modern day youth! :p
    SkatanmlneveseThacoBellArcanis
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Dordledum wrote: »
    (here is hoping we will get more D&D games soon, not all of us have access to p&p =D )

I think I know what you probably mean, but this made me laugh out loud: no pen and paper? Poor modern day youth! :p

I guess everyone (most) have access to pen and paper, but not everyone have access to a group to play with IRL. Often it can be easier to find like-minded person over internet than within your local community.
    mlneveseThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Skatan wrote: »
    Dordledum wrote: »

I guess everyone (most) have access to pen and paper, but not everyone have access to a group to play with IRL. Often it can be easier to find like-minded person over internet than within your local community.

My P&P group disbanded a few years ago... we all have children and responsibilities now that make finding a date we can all play basically impossible... maybe when the children get older.
    lolienSkatan
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Came late to this post but im happy about this news even though i knew it already from e-mail, lol but yeah, WOOT.
    SkatanJuliusBorisovlolien
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Now owners of PS4 and other consoles will have the unique experience of waiting for over two years to see a bug fixes.

The kind of customer experience that only Beamdog can deliver.
    KilivitzlefreutTimbo0o0o0
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    But can I play it on my abacus?
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    But can I play it on my abacus?

Yes, but sitting on the balls will be uncomfortable after some time.
    mlnevesethemazingnessbleusteelThacoBell
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    edited February 2019
    Raduziel wrote: »
    Now owners of PS4 and other consoles will have the unique experience of waiting for over two years to see a bug fixes.

The kind of customer experience that only Beamdog can deliver.

Ok, I know that Beamdog happens to be slow with their updates nowadays, but the games are working mostly fine..
    I have some PS2 games who have game-breaking bugs - which back then could not really be fixed.
    I also have some more modern games which have annoying bugs even after the patchcycle ended..

So don't worry, the console players have already plenty experience with long-lived bugs.

Also, I really hope that some of the games will also be released on the PSV.. Don't believe Sony, there are still fans of that console.. =(
    ThacoBell
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    I hope to see the game on Atari VCS
  • jonesiscodingjonesiscoding Member Posts: 1
    Fantastic news.

For the love of Mystra, please include local coop. If it is a feature, I'll be screaming "TAKE MY MONEY" and buying all of the games, at release day prices, for the 5th time (on various platforms, and not counting the original Bioware games).
    TorgrimmerThacoBell
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    I cant say in what state the Android or Mac versions are in, but the iOS version has always been solid.

Yes we stayed on version 1.3 for a long time, and yes BG:ee did have a 7 day period where 1.3 didnt work before it was ported to 64 bit.

Besides the 7 day lapsus the games has worked well on iOS. We just need the modding ability for IWD and PST to make it perfect (and better options for modding for the other versions).

The community has cried out for more love for the old IE games. People have even suspected a complete shut down for new content for the IE engine ever since NWN came around.

Porting the games to another platform is not a shut down, its an effort to do more for the games. It may not work, but doing nothing is a sure way of getting nowhere. I fully support the choice and will buy the games in time. Beamdog needs money and I have many times offered them mine - it looks like they heed my call.

And pray remember Beamdog. I have money for you if you close the soultaker plot - just saying if you forgot

TorgrimmerSteveRogers41lolien
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I'd just say one thing. You can disagree with it, being a bachelor in Business Management.

But to me, making games and creating patches needs money. Business needs money. Why you get the idea of being ignored, I really don't understand. If anything, the console ports will create a situation when there're resources available at "managing" bugs.

There are other ways to raise money. Merchandising is one. A solid DLC is another. Beamdog just needs to listen to its costumers. A quick example from this very thread:
    And pray remember Beamdog. I have money for you if you close the soultaker plot - just saying if you forgot