Skip to content

[mod] Hephernaan BG2 (SoD spoilers)

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
edited May 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
The very first version of Hephernaan BG2 is now available!

Welcome back Hephernaan, a devil known from the Siege of Dragonspear campaign. Are you ready to make a great risk and let the evil puppetmaster into your group? Can you be truly confident about his motives and plans? Perhaps, become even stronger... but can you learn how to see through his lies and promises? Or believe that he truly wants to help or does he feel amused by all the events you wade through every single day? It's your choice.

Hephernaan BG2 includes "friendship" talks, new areas, items, and encounters that may feel refreshing for players that are already fed up with the original BG2 content. As this mod uses Siege of Dragonspear references, it may help to glue together SoD Campaign and BG2EE, which itself lacks references to Hephernaan's and Caelar's story.

Download
Forum

Screenshots:
zikcjd432qan.jpg
2ypkptt1k5ma.jpg
fpx93iwwkha0.jpg

I would also like to tag @Raduziel here, as he is a great help with some items and spells I designed to be included in this mod. Thanks! Also thanks to my proofreader @jmaeq and people who are always ready to help with all kind of stuff: @AionZ and @Gwendolyne
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
Gusindaargent77CaszidyDawgliciousRik_KirtaniyaRaduzielMantis37FlashburnZaghoulArtonamegamike15AaeightThacoBellswitJuliusBorisovAasimMimirjmaeqEekanImpAndrewFoleyAciferhazschIsewein

Comments

• DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    Very cool! Interesting stats considering his class, but this would for sure be a fun character to use :)
    LavaDelVortelAngulimala
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    @Dawglicious - I've decided to keep his original SoD stats. I had to change his resistances, though, as he for exaple had 100% Magic Resistance. I kept everything I could the same as in his original version, but when it was too much, I had to tone stuff down. I really hope I handled it well enough. Also consider the fact that some people won't stay in party with him as a balancing element :)
    DawgliciousStummvonBordwehr
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    @LavaDelVortel Scribing scrolls will certainly be interesting, some potions of genius will need to be chugged!
    LavaDelVortel
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    What a neat idea! Will be great to see the finished result.
    Mantis37
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Great. Now when every item goes buggy and stops working people will know who to blame :/
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited February 2019
    @Raduziel

...Wrong thread...?

Nvm didn't see the last bit in OP
    Raduziel
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    This is a very interesting project. You learn absolutely nothing about Hephernaan and his motives - I mean his real motives, so a mod filling and connecting all background info will be great.
    Raduziel wrote: »
    Great. Now when every item goes buggy and stops working people will know who to blame :/
    Heh, before rereading the first post, I thought you were referring to Hephernaan the PC would blame ingame. :D

Raduziel
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    The description of your project is chockfull of spoilers for Siege of Dragonspear. Maybe put a spoiler warning on top of your post?
    LavaDelVortel
    @Son_of_Imoen - I included a note on the spoilers in the title, it should be even better place for it, thanks.

@Raduziel - ...or people will know that there are more people behind my projects ;) Like me and some others. Without help, it would be impossible for me to take care of everything on my own. Not after releasing so many mods.

@jastey - Hephernaan won't exactly share every bit of the story, he's a devil after all, but I surely player will get a chance to know him better, understand some things tha happened... well, there was a bit too little of him in the SoD.

@AWizardDidIt - thank you!
    Raduziel
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    we need more mods that tie more into sod as beamdog is most likely not gonna do it. a mod that fleshes out Hephernaan seems like a great idea, as was said before he barley has a character in sod proper besides being the obviously evil advisor.
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Just curious, did I miss Hephernaan actually being a devil in my SoD playthrough or is this your personal interpretation/part of the mod's story line?
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Ah, I don't remember him dying before the end fight (and since I chose to go with evil Caelar he never joined the fight at that point either..)
    I guess SoDs story is more dynamic than I gave it credit for if there is a way for him to die before going to Avernus.

Aynway, looking forward to this one. :)
    Aedan
    part of the reason you may not have noticed his change is calar tends to kill him very quickly when the fight starts. it was only my most recent run of sod where i noticed his avatar changed.
    I really hope the mod will be enjoyable. I am going a bit in the same direction as in Skie: The Cost, so he will have some talks, some space to tell more things, but he won't have romances etc. More like fine NPC with some talks, chances to understand him better, even a small quest and few encounters, but he won't dominate the game itself.
    JuliusBorisovCaszidy
    i don't see Hephernaan being the romance type. heck i see him alienating almost the entire party just by existing.

I am curious if there will be any cross mod with the calar mod @AionZ was working on. this is if that ever gets off the ground of course.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    This looks really cool. Do you table a deadline on your work or work without timeline anchors?
    No more deadlines, heh. I had to face soooooo many deadlines before I no longer want to burden myself with them :) But also, I do not like to have work on one mod for too long, so it's not like this one will take me forever to finish.
    JuliusBorisovCaszidy
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited April 2019
    Hi, Lava.

Just wanted to inform you that the Hephernaan animation will be installed by the incoming updated Infinity Animations mod (as well as the Will o wisp one) either in classic and EE games.
    Post edited by Gwendolyne on
    LavaDelVortel
    Thanks! The mod will stay EE only, though, as it does not make sense without EE-SoD + many tech features introduced in EE and/or v2.0 patch are being used in the mod :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Okay, so is there someone who knows more-or-less how mods work and is a native English speaker who may be able to help proofreading? I have made some progress, but as I'm not a native English speaker, I need one to make sure the text is fine.

So, if you have some time now, are generally familiar with modding scene, Baldur's Gate, original BioWare characters, you are a native English speaker and you like working with text, let me know.
    Caszidy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sadly, not with this post, but @jmaeq may be able to help. She has the version with all the talks already. I just hope she won't kill me as she just helped me with Quayle and now she's helping with this. Anyway, writing this so people knew she's helping me and to say I'm grateful for that!
    jasteyCaszidy
  • jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
    ... if one day Lava disappears, you'll know why...

Only kidding! It's a pleasure to help! :)
    LavaDelVortelCaszidyThacoBell
    A pity there is no "love" button. It would be better than like. And it would be a pleasure to "disappear" by your hand, hah.
    Caszidyjmaeq
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CaszidyjmaeqEekanImp