Skip to content

New adds to ending. (light spoilers)

Heya it's me. Samuel.

I played through SOD once more this week and at the end I discovered that there was an extra part added that brings more closure to the part of Corwin. She tracks you down in the sewers, after you escape, together with Silvershield and than sides with you. Kinda.

Are more things like this happening to SOD or BG2? I would still love to see a final chapter in the Skie - murder plot.
StummvonBordwehr

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    That part was in the game from the start. It depends on certain conditions, eg. whether evidence about your actions was good, whether you were in the romance with Corwin.
    SamuelVarg
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Really? Wow. Played it 3 times before and never got that part. More to the game than I realised.
    JuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    SamuelVarg wrote: »
    I would still love to see a final chapter in the Skie - murder plot.

Many people would, but apparently Beamdog won't close this plot role.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    I think there's a mod by Lava that adds a bit of closure to the Skie plot in BG2 (As an alternative, player created solution.)

Raduziel
    Skitia wrote: »
    I think there's a mod by Lava that adds a bit of closure to the Skie plot in BG2 (As an alternative, player created solution.)

I know but it doesn't seem to work on Mac iOS.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Modding iOS isnt easy, but it can be done.

Lava’s work is top notch, and I hope I dont diminish her work when I say: that we all want to see added content in BG2:ee from Beamdogs hands - most people want a continuation of the soultaker / Skie / Caeler questline. Personally I would love it.

I just wish we could pre-order the added content or something so Beamdog can see the demand from the BG series fans. I have many times stated that they could get my money easily, but they somehow have access to my meager bank account since the process isnt set in motion...
    edited March 2019
    I wouldn't buy anything from Beamdog pre-ordered, to be honest. Even if it was Fallout 1 EE.

A little trauma caused by Beamdog's habit to postpone things indefinitely.
    Baptor
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the thing with corwin is considered the bad ending. if you don't bring up your good deeds during the trial you will get that. i always get the good ending so i have never seen the others. there are apparently 3.
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBellJuliusBorisov
    megamike15 wrote: »
    the thing with corwin is considered the bad ending. if you don't bring up your good deeds during the trial you will get that. i always get the good ending so i have never seen the others. there are apparently 3.

Bad ending? Really? She sided with me and attacked Silvershield and the soldiers so I could escape.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @SamuelVarg "Bad ending" in the sense of that you couldn't convince the Dukes that you are innocent.
    If you succeed with that you do not go through the sewers at all.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Skitia wrote: »
    Yes, there's a fanfic mod that partially addresses it. Ideally it would have been resolved in BG3 but that's off the table now so we're unlikely to get anything beyond the mod.
    why would it be resolved in a bg 3 that makes no sense to me.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    There isn't anywhere for a BG3 to go. The story is complete and anything new would have nothing to do with the Bhaalspawn's arc.
    megamike15
    people need to realize baldurs gate is one of those series that is wrapped up nicely. there is no reason for a bg 3 that is about the bhaalspawn the story is over.
    ThacoBellDordledum

Bad ending? Really? She sided with me and attacked Silvershield and the soldiers so I could escape.

did you romance her? whenever i hear about this path it always ends with corwin dying.

did you romance her? whenever i hear about this path it always ends with corwin dying.

No. I romanced (flirted with) Neera.
    I had good reputation as well and did mostly good deeds so how that was a bad ending I cannot say ... But it was fun to get a new experience!

I had good reputation as well and did mostly good deeds so how that was a bad ending I cannot say ... But it was fun to get a new experience!

Its bad because you were unable to convince the dukes/populace that you were innocent. Also, Corwin has died to let you escape. Even if she got out of that fight alive, she would have murdered a Grand Duke as well as several innocent soldiers, so if she isn't arrested as soon as she tries to leave, she is now a wanted fugitive all over the sword coast. Her daughter is likely to starve as well, without Corwin to provide for her. Also, with that rep drop, Corwin has definitely lost all of her class abilities.
    SamuelVarg
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I've played through SoD three times and I have always ended up in the sewers. I just don't see how anyone can get the "good" ending.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Thanks @jastey. It's rather odd since I am certain I've reached 3 good deeds but emptied the conversation options and could only adress the court with 2 IIRC, but I dunno for sure, I am probably remembering incorrectly.
    PC did not poison the crusaders supplies
    PC searched for cure for soldiers at the coalition camp
    PC offered own soul to Thrix

Doesn't matter since I really like the sewer-part, especially when you are confronted by Corwin.
    I loved it when my mostly good F/T was confronted and attacked by his love-interest Corwin, she attacked and I could have turned invisible and ran, but ended up gibbing her with backstabs. From a RP perspective, my charname was so gutted that she chose to betray him so he started his path towards more evil right there and then. As always though, I ended the run before ToB, hah.. too bad, it had good RP possibilities.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited March 2019
    even with sodtweak i still tell them out of force of habit.
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Its bad because you were unable to convince the dukes/populace that you were innocent. Also, Corwin has died to let you escape. Even if she got out of that fight alive, she would have murdered a Grand Duke as well as several innocent soldiers, so if she isn't arrested as soon as she tries to leave, she is now a wanted fugitive all over the sword coast. Her daughter is likely to starve as well, without Corwin to provide for her. Also, with that rep drop, Corwin has definitely lost all of her class abilities.

Interesting. I did all good deeds except from not poisoning the crusaders. That I did.
    @SamuelVarg Did you point these deeds out during the trial?
    megamike15
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
    @subtledoctor You have a faith in humanity that inspires me.
    Raduziel wrote: »

Well, Beamdog DID repeatedly tease adding some things from SoD into BG2 if it did well enough.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited March 2019
    Raduziel wrote: »

Well, Beamdog DID repeatedly tease adding some things from SoD into BG2 if it did well enough.

They also teased patch 2.6 for December.

And also teased UI and pathfinding fixes.

What they didn't teased: voice set/portrait from a bunch of John Doe, porting to consoles.

And don't let me start with my NWN hard feelings.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    @SamuelVarg Did you point these deeds out during the trial?

Yes. Must have been the poisoning.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    The entire trial feels so strange to me. No one is even trying to find out what happened. Even the protagonist mostly just presents themself as an upstanding person that would not murder somebody. Even if that were a valid line of reasoning, no one casts Detect Evil, so it is just another point that no one cares to investigate.
    Even in the real middle ages the inquisition was way more advanced than that, and in a setting where Divination magic is easy to come by and there are means to examine the actual mind of a person, there is no reason to have such a lazy trial when the daughter of a Grand Duke has been killed.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    That's nice to know about Corwin. I didn't romance her, but I regarded her as a capable and loyal friend, right up until she shows up in the prison and asks you to plead guilty just so you can be executed and spare the city from further rioting. (That sounds like something a Lawful Neutral would do, but not a Lawful Good character.) Getting that final encounter in the Sewers would at least have made for a nice closure for a "trapped by duty" character. As it was, having that prison dialogue be the last thing she ever says to you feels extremely cold, and not really worthy of her character.

It also bothered me how each and every one of the romances in SoD basically abandons you to your fate (et tu Neera?! I could forgive Viconia for cutting and running, and Safana's a temperamental gold digger at best, but you??), but I suppose we needed the slate to be somewhat clean for BG2.

I also agree it would be really nice if we got some closure for the Skie storyline in BG. I guess I'll check out that mod by Lava.
This discussion has been closed.