Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• d2freakd2freak Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2019
    @subtledoctor

I have to say, I just tried the new feat system, and I prefer the old system of the text if I'm to be honest. It meshes more with the game. The spellbook approach just feels so hackish. I mean you "memorize" the feats and such. Also I'm kind of a casual player and it's a bit confusing to me what the "spell levels" are for in the feat selection.

The text way also meshes more with how other mods does stuff like this.

Hope I don't come off as negative. Love your mod.

Edit: Okay and it also doesn't work at all with Lefreut's UI (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61571/mod-lefreuts-enhanced-ui-for-bg1ee-sod-bg2ee-and-eet/p1)

There are 2 problems. One is that no feats will show up at all in his reskinned version of the window you use. And the second is that he allows to cancel that window, removing the special ability button without anything being learned.
    Post edited by d2freak on
    Ardul
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IcezeraIcezera Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2019
    Can't wait for version 4! From your previous comment, I take it that 3.9.3 isn't usable because the feat system doesn't work?
    edited March 2019
    ThacoBellRaduziel
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    The increase in spellcasting speed is very tempting. Good idea.

Regarding F/M Bards: will they be able to use Bard-only items?
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    I think casting speed is too strong and thematically inappropriate. Only two other items in the game gives casting speed - one of them being the robe of Vecna. I would think it strange if fighters can apply half the benefit passively to allied casters.

AC, THAC0, saves, damage, weapon speed (maybe even half apr later on?) are good candidates though, in my opinion.
    ThacoBell
  • LamiarLamiar Member Posts: 136
    edited March 2019
    Hello.

I'm playing with EET install, found few minor issues:
    1. Spellfilcher's silence holds invalid strref for message "Silenced". I dunno why, but best idea what is messed by EET or other mod (but should not) this happens because spell not cloned and patched, but copied.
    2. Spellfilcher's silence affect everyone (party members), not only hostile actors, - not sure if it was intended, because description effectively say about enemies. (NOT A BUG, see edit below)

For self will just copy original spell and patch it for intended differences (saving throws probably different).

EDIT: Well, i'm get messed with Silence and Silence 15" Radius spell. So, spellfilcher's version uses proper projectile exactly like 15" radius spell. So, personally, just edited strref and fine.
    Post edited by Lamiar on
    edited March 2019
    ThacoBellGusinda
  • Snatch_a_kissSnatch_a_kiss Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2019
    IWD EE.
    Installation error.
    The Feats component:
    jn9x49rl7142.png
    The Bard Overhaul:
    6hcmiyu74hm2.png
  • Snatch_a_kissSnatch_a_kiss Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2019
    Clean install, specially reinstalled the game. From mods installed only the new DOF and LavaIt-IWD.
    Thanks, feats component and archery was installed, I'll play a little, and I can check it out.
    Bards component and multiclass kits doesn't want to.

Rogue 3 times chose the bonus to Ranged Accuracy - got +3 to accuracy and +3 to damage, in the description of the bonus in the inventory says "modifier protection from arrows". :o
    2 times chose bonus to Combat Training - got +2 to accuracy.
    Precise Strike i could choose 4 times, but effective only 1.

Fighter can not learn Toughness, Health Conditioning.
    Ranger learn few times Health Conditioning, one time Dodge, one time Precise Strike, but can not learn Toughness.
    Barbarian learn one time Dodge, one time Precise Strike, three time Ranged Accuracy, but none Health Conditioning and Combat Training.
    Was that intended?
    Post edited by Snatch_a_kiss on
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Wait, I'm lost about what is going on. What is the issue with DoF?

In my last install (yesterday) all the MC kits were working fine. Did something misbehave?
    edited March 2019
    Raduziel
    @subtledoctor I'll certainly give it a shot.

Good job, by the way. I've being using 0.2 for the exact reason you pointed out.
    edited March 2019
    Tests were good - file uploaded for the next release.

Edit: Let me say again: thanks, doc. And good job dealing with it!
    [Deleted User]
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    BG2EE v2.5 using latest version on github and no other mods. Bardic Auras do not have a description either when choosing them as feats or right clicking them on the innate tool bar.

May have missed a post, but do the new "bards" select new spells upon level up or do they just get added to the spellbook?
    edited March 2019
    Hmmm can't seem to get the feat system to work. Granted I'm running a heavily modded game, but when I have Khalid use the feat system innate ability, the spell select UI comes up but the entire screen is sorta grayed out and I don't see any feat to choose and I can't click on anything.

Here is a screenshot.

Example

Also seems like a previous poster stumbled on this issue and am guessing it's because we both have lefreut's ui (SOD).
    Any plans for compatibility or should I just go ahead and reinstall without the ui? Is it ok to modify the feedback box only then since that's what I really liked.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Icezera wrote: »
    Also seems like a previous poster stumbled on this issue and am guessing it's because we both have lefreut's ui (SOD).
    Any plans for compatibility or should I just go ahead and reinstall without the ui? Is it ok to modify the feedback box only then since that's what I really liked.
    Lefreut's UI mod completely overwrites UI.menu.
    Have you tried installing Lefreut's UI first, then MnG?
    I'll try that but I was hoping that the dialogue version of the feat system might be coming back as an option in the install. I liked the dialogue system
    edited March 2019
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    edited March 2019
    I like the idea of how the new feat system works (feels more natural than dialogue), but I had no idea that it made things easier like that. That’s actually really cool.
    Oh jesus, I can definitely empathize. After working on the PRC mod for NWN, I know the pain of editing multiple files just for one change. Nevermind then! Now to try to get this gui to work with me
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Icezera wrote: »
    seems like a previous poster stumbled on this issue and am guessing it's because we both have lefreut's ui (SOD).

I really don't know. I'm not that familiar with how such UI mods work. If the UI mod overwrites files that MnG needs, then there's nothing I can do on my end.

As I say, my understanding of the feat system is that it uses the same UI elements as the Spell Sequencer spell, so if you can cast Spell Sequencer, you should be able to use this. (I guess? @kjeron would know better than me.)

Of course it needs to add some stuff to UI.menu to make use of the Sequencer screens, so if that UI mod overwrites UI.menu, and you install it after MnG, then it will break MnG. ( @lefreut would know better than me.)

If all that conjecture is correct, then the simple solution would be to install the UI mod first.

LeUI overwrites the UI.menu file so it must be installed before any mod that patches the UI otherwise you will lose the changes these mods made.
    edited March 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    lefreut wrote: »
    LeUI overwrites the UI.menu file so it must be installed before any mod that patches the UI otherwise you will lose the changes these mods made.

Thanks for the confirmation!

So, that means LeUI should be installed before any mod that uses the spell-learning UI. Which right now, means Tome & Blood, Might & Guile, and Shadow Magic.

Realistically the safest bet os probably to install LeUI early before any Weidu mods. Smaller-scale patches like this are only likely to become more common.

DoF also uses the spell-learning UI. Good to know this install order.