Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited April 2019
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @subtledoctor The Agent kit doesn't seem to work. I just generated my character and he memorizes and casts spells as a normal wizard. Regular slots and no level delay. No bardic inspirations either.

You need to use the "initialize bardic spellcasting" ability. (Of course, if it's not there, that's a problem...)

Its not :( There also isn't a button to for bard inspirations.

The spell select dialogue component from Tome and Blood wouldn't interfere at all would it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    @subtledoctor That scroll is nowhere to be found on my bar. And I'm getting mage spells at level 1, which I shouldn't be. There is also no bardic inspiration, when I should start with luck at level1. I'll try yet another clean re-install in a bit when I have the chance.
    edited April 2019
    @subtledoctor Okay, another fresh install, I double checked and I DO have the latest beta. It worked this time. So I guess there is some new mod conflict. Is there anything in Faith and Powers, Tome and Blood, or Scales of Balance that wouldn't play nice with the new beta? These are the only kit mods that I install.
    BGEE+SoD
    ThacoBellGusinda
  • MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    @subtledoctor Do the bonus spellcasting slots from SoB are already functional?

I have not tested those yet, but i kind of like the SoB stats overall (well, might even wait for what Grammar is hiding :p )
    edited April 2019
    Gusinda
    @subtledoctor You are awesome. I've gotten really sick from a killer sinus infection, but I'll test it out as soon as I'm up for actually thinking.
  • MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    Ok ty, almost time to do some testing!
    @subtledoctor Looks like all of the agent's abilities are working properly on this go round.
    [Deleted User]
    edited April 2019
    So, for some reason, spellcasting isn't working on my charname. I do the daily spell prep, and rest. But when resting is done, I have spell access for a couple seconds, before the casting icon greys out and never comes back. So I can't cast any spells with my main character. I also have Garrick in the party, and his spells are all working fine. I'm on the latest patch of BGEE+SoD. Okay, thisis weird. It seems to work SOMETIMES. But I can't figure what would be causing to randomly grey out or not.
    ThacoBell
    @subtledoctor Nothing that I do really seems to influence it, so my best guess would be something interrupting the script that I can't see. That being said, its not super consistent. When I made my previous post, it failed something like 5 times in a row. But over the next 3-4 rests during my play session, it worked just fine.
    @subtledoctor Okay, a couple things I've noticed. Wearing armor intereferes with the spells. I have the bard armored casting component from TnB installed, and when wearing armor, the spells always fail to be memorized. So I take off the armor before resting, and my spells come back consistently. But I seem to have stumbled into another bug. I recently hit wizard level 3, and my spell book says that I should have 2 level 1 casts and 1 level 2 cast. When resting, I end up with 3 level 1 casts. This is consistent, as I've tried resting with different spell combinations, armor on/off, ai on/off and I always get 3 spells for level 1.
    edited April 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    ThacoBell
    @subtledoctor Okay, so the bug is that its showing a 2nd level slot at all. I have not touched the spell tables at all. I don't know if this helps, but Garrick seems to be working just as you say it should. Its only my charname that is acting wonky.
    ThacoBell
  • ArjukKagrimArjukKagrim Member Posts: 44
    @subtledoctor
    Hello,
    First of all great mod, great work!
    I installed the mod a month ago without problems and today tried to install the current version of the mod on a new clean installation several times butreceive the following error message:
    ERROR Installing [Bard Overhaul: Multiclass Bards], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 3783 files for [MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2] component 210.
    Uninstalled 3783 files for [MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2] component 210.
    ERROR: Failure("CREATE: the resource reference \"%spell_eff%\" is longer than 8 characters")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-MIGHT_AND_GUILE.DEBUG and look for support at: SubtleD
    Automatically Skipping [Bard Overhaul: Multiclass Bards] because of error.
    Using Language [English]
    Is there a new mod dependence or do you have any suggestion what I am doing wrong?
    today tried to install the current version of the mod on a new clean installation several times butreceive the following error message:

Which game are you trying to install it on? And what version of that game?

Its an EET installation on version 2.5.16.6. As for other mods aside from quest mods I installed Song&Silence, Rogue Rebalancing, T&B, F&P before M&G. Like in the readme I wanted ot install Refinements and SCS afterwards.
    ArjukKagrim
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    not necessarily an EET issue. I did a very large EET install about a week ago and everything installed file.
    I now tried to install it without any other mod, just EET and M&G. That worked without any issue. Afterwards I tried it again with the aforementioned mods and got the error again for the Multiclass Bards component.
  • Snatch_a_kissSnatch_a_kiss Member Posts: 33
    IWD EE. All component M&G.
    Stumbled on a small problem. After creating a pure thief - i can't equip any weapons other than a staff, a club and a sling. But if i remove the component "new bard" - pure thief is created normal, i can equip weapon. Sniper, Burglar didn't have that problem. What can be done? How can I solve this problem?
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    Have you tried installing just T&B, F&P and then M&G? Song and silence and rogue rebalancing may be having an effect, as I know they change bards in some ways.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    @subtledoctor can chime in but since he is changing bards into multiclass kits, RR and S&S shouldn't affect them