Skip to content

NWN Toolset: Enhanced Edition. Try the new updates and share your feedback

Comments

• Tovan0MackellyTovan0Mackelly Member Posts: 6
    shaders are not loading when I launch the toolset. "Could not compile shaders fslit.shd" Note error line numbers are offset

0(20) : error C7529: does not allow # include directives
    0(21) : error C0109: can't open include file "inc_keyhole"
    0(44) : error C1503: undefined variable "Drawkeyhole"
    is this a known issue???
    Am I doing something wrong?

nwtoolset.exe / replaced the old one (and yes I saved the original )
    toolset-changelog.md / where does this go? what is it?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

dunahan
  • Daijin_HeartlightDaijin_Heartlight Member Posts: 11
    I think that means you are on the development build. The toolset only works on the normal patched version.
    Tovan0MackellyJuliusBorisovdunahan
  • Tovan0MackellyTovan0Mackelly Member Posts: 6
    Ok, thanks.
    JuliusBorisov
  • virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    edited April 2019
    sandronejm wrote: »
    Loved all the features!
    I am in troubles with the new toolset, it can't copy and paste triggers, encounters and waypoints. It is really important to me once the 1.69 toolset was doing that properly.

This is in the list of known issues: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/40397
    We'll address it in one of the next builds.
    Modderpunk wrote: »
    I love the scaling but when i just tried it I could use it once and then the whole feature was gone

Restarting the toolset did not help. After using scaling once it is gone

It only works on non-static placeables for now. If you open Adjust Location for a static placeable, transforms won't be available.
    JuliusBorisovdunahan
  • TalimeTalime Member Posts: 71
    *sigh*
    Just a headsup:

Even the old toolset stops working correctly after the nvidia update.
    Means, it crashes on start up.
    Gets random access violation errors.
    Or freezes on loading the module.

So looks like I have to put my whole project on hold now till this gets fixed, since downgrading a whole system because of a toolset of one game stops working, is not a practival solution. Especially if the driver update fixes general performence issues.
    dunahan
    Talime wrote: »
    *sigh*
    Just a headsup:

Even the old toolset stops working correctly after the nvidia update.
    Means, it crashes on start up.
    Gets random access violation errors.
    Or freezes on loading the module.

So looks like I have to put my whole project on hold now till this gets fixed, since downgrading a whole system because of a toolset of one game stops working, is not a practival solution. Especially if the driver update fixes general performence issues.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, going to the driver settings and disabling Threaded Optimization for nwtoolset.exe should fix the driver issue.
    TalimedunahanJuliusBorisovZwerkules
  • TalimeTalime Member Posts: 71
    Thank you!
    Sherincall allready pointed me onto that and it helped!
    But wanted to report that it also occours on the non-beta toolset.

So it might be a critical thing if people update their drivers.
    dunahanJuliusBorisov
  • ModderpunkModderpunk Member Posts: 5
    Modderpunk wrote: »
    I love the scaling but when i just tried it I could use it once and then the whole feature was gone

Restarting the toolset did not help. After using scaling once it is gone

It only works on non-static placeables for now. If you open Adjust Location for a static placeable, transforms won't be available.

ah ok. good to know

• ArtificialArtificial Member Posts: 1
    Hey! Just noticed the work you guys are doing with the toolset. Would it be at all possible to open up the game's "ruleset engine" so we can change and edit the D&D rules the game runs off of?
    Artificial wrote: »
    Hey! Just noticed the work you guys are doing with the toolset. Would it be at all possible to open up the game's "ruleset engine" so we can change and edit the D&D rules the game runs off of?
    This is not directly related to the Toolset, here is the topic with discussion about this: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/68289/trello-rules-expansion-redo-request-to-allow-alternate-rule-systems
    JuliusBorisov
  • PaphjortPaphjort Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2019
    I'm using the development branch and therefore can't use the new toolset. Do you have any idea when the new toolset will be available to us also? The placeable scaling feature in particular looks really good.... :-)

If I can't wait and would like to leave development branch to try out the new toolset, how can I still continue work on the module I'm making right now? I imagine the toolset will complain that the mod is made with a newer version?
    TarotRedhand
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Paphjort if you look earlier in the thread you'll see that I already confirmed that it will indeed complain that the module was built with a newer version.

TR
    JuliusBorisov
  • PaphjortPaphjort Member Posts: 25
    @TarotRedhand Yes, thank you. I suspected that. Hopefully the new toolset-features will soon be in the development branch also...

It's probably possible to edit the *.mod version number, so that it can open in the new toolset also, but I guess I'll have to wait for the next version of the toolset in my branch. I don't want to mess to much with it and risk making more problems... :-)
    JuliusBorisov
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Speaking of Toolset widgets and gadgetry, what about the prophesied "increasing the 16k palette" limit? Once upon a time it was even splattered on the Trello Discussion Board, and there was much rejoicing. But all is quiet now.

Is that still a thing, or has it gone the way of the dodo and the auroch?
    dunahan
  • SnottlingSnottling Member Posts: 85
    When updating a blueprint, the list of items to be updated is not showing, only "select all" and "selct none" buttons.
    dunahan
  • SnafulatorSnafulator Member Posts: 27
    I've been loving the placeable/creature scaling options etc. I am having an issue with this version though... when i go to update special abilities on a creature all of the uses/caster-level text is in korean and cannot be updated..
    dunahan
  • dwinblooddwinblood Member Posts: 38
    So far it seems to be working. Though I have run into a bug where it won't let me change which spells are allocated to a creature when creating it. I'll look to see if I did something wrong, but I downloaded the editor and copied over the existing editor with this new one. I may revert to the steam version to see if that resolves this issue.
  • tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    KNOWN ISSUES:

@dwinblood @Snafulator It's a known issue and listed in the first post, if you need to make changes to such before a fix is released, use the current stable builds version of the toolset (the one we were encouraged to backup before testing the new one) rather then this experimental early access version.

"[*] Input bugs when trying to modify creature abilities and spells: numeric values are converted into invalid Unicode: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/40469"

Hope this helps.
    JuliusBorisovdunahanvirusman
  • Ugly_DuckUgly_Duck Member Posts: 179
    Anymore info on this?
  • ABJECT_SELFABJECT_SELF Member Posts: 24
    Okay, I didn't see the big deal about resizing and XYZ translations until I did some experimenting for myself and... holy crap...

4tdqxbrr0lft.jpg
    jotf12lobssj.jpg
    eo8nep6daxb4.jpg

You can create some truly monumental setpieces and even add objects to the skybox using XY translation! Finally, we can say goodbye to those long, endless fields into nothingness at the edges of maps that are supposed to lead to cities and mountains. We can actually put cities and mountains in the horizon now.

Of course there's one big catch. Placeables need to be non-static to resize them, and non-static placeables disappear at about 35 meters away from the PC. I found a workaround that involves cloning the object and using XYZ translation to trick the game into drawing a different clone at the same location every 35 meters, but it's tedious and inelegant. If we could adjust the draw distance for non-static placeables, this would be a literal game-changer.

But yeah, I am loving the new toolset!
    JuliusBorisovGrizzled_Dwarflorddunahanvirusman
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @ABJECT_SELF With placeables, is it still just the visuals that are altered or does the pwok get resized too? In other words can you still walk through your enlarged placeable?

TR
    @TarotRedhand The collision mesh doesn't scale along with the placeable. Not sure if that would be easy for Beamdog to fix because it looks like this method of resizing is just telling the engine to draw the mesh larger or smaller than it normally would. I've been working around this by placing invisible walls manually along the edges of huge placeables.
    Paphjort wrote: »
    I'm using the development branch and therefore can't use the new toolset. Do you have any idea when the new toolset will be available to us also? The placeable scaling feature in particular looks really good.... :-)

If I can't wait and would like to leave development branch to try out the new toolset, how can I still continue work on the module I'm making right now? I imagine the toolset will complain that the mod is made with a newer version?
    With the new renderer and 64-bit support, it will take some time until the next development build. This build of the Toolset is based on the stable version so module builders can start testing and using it right away with their modules.
    Speaking of Toolset widgets and gadgetry, what about the prophesied "increasing the 16k palette" limit? Once upon a time it was even splattered on the Trello Discussion Board, and there was much rejoicing. But all is quiet now.

Is that still a thing, or has it gone the way of the dodo and the auroch?
    16k palette limit is not related to the Toolset, it was a DM client crash. If I remember correctly, it should've gone away a few patches ago, after the packet size limit was raised. If you're still experiencing this, please open a ticket on Redmine with a sample module. Having a reproducible case makes it much easier to fix something.
    JuliusBorisovdunahanDaijin_Heartlight
  • PhenomenPhenomen Member Posts: 33
    Can someone confirm that standard token selection is broken on beta toolset?
    For example when I choose "FirstlName" in dialogue editor it pastes <F> token instead of <FirstName>
    dunahan
    Phenomen wrote: »
    For example when I choose "FirstlName" in dialogue editor it pastes <F> token instead of <FirstName>

Can confirm, have the same issue here.
    Thankfully the tokens still work in-game, you just have to type them in manually. Didn't think much of it at first but that could get annoying quickly.
    dunahan
  • Ugly_DuckUgly_Duck Member Posts: 179
    Request: Add the ability to use "Walkmesh Cutters" like the ones in NWN2 toolset. This would greatly help me with doing mod building.
  • SquidgetSquidget Member Posts: 15
    Do we have any word on when/if this dev toolset might allow us to set numbers in property window controls again? For example, set NPC skills/spells, faction settings, etc. Currently these controls do not work in the dev toolset. This is a known bug listed in the OP.
    -Input bugs when trying to modify creature abilities and spells: numeric values are converted into invalid Unicode: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/40469

I love the new toolset, it has made building areas 50x eaesier. But this bug makes it pretty difficult to use for certain purposes, since you cannot edit creature properties or factions. I'm also wary of going back and forth between old and new toolsets since I'm not sure what that could do to my areas or module saves.

Most of the other bugs seem lower priority, but this one has a lot of impact on day-to-day building work.
    dunahanPhenomen
    edited June 2019
    Phenomen wrote: »
    Thanks for reporting this. This will be fixed in the next build.
    Ugly_Duck wrote: »
    Request: Add the ability to use "Walkmesh Cutters" like the ones in NWN2 toolset. This would greatly help me with doing mod building.
    NWN doesn't have editable area walkmeshes, so this isn't something Toolset can do.
    Squidget wrote: »
    Do we have any word on when/if this dev toolset might allow us to set numbers in property window controls again? For example, set NPC skills/spells, faction settings, etc. Currently these controls do not work in the dev toolset. This is a known bug listed in the OP.
    -Input bugs when trying to modify creature abilities and spells: numeric values are converted into invalid Unicode: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/40469

I love the new toolset, it has made building areas 50x eaesier. But this bug makes it pretty difficult to use for certain purposes, since you cannot edit creature properties or factions. I'm also wary of going back and forth between old and new toolsets since I'm not sure what that could do to my areas or module saves.

Most of the other bugs seem lower priority, but this one has a lot of impact on day-to-day building work.
    Thanks! This bug has been fixed and the fix will be available in the next build.
    Post edited by virusman on
    JFKSquidgetJuliusBorisovdunahan
  • SquidgetSquidget Member Posts: 15
    Thank you Virusman. That's always encouraging to hear. Looking forward to it!
    JuliusBorisov