Skip to content

Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) for BG:EE (and BGT and EET) - Download

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Thanks! Appreciated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • AciferAcifer Member Posts: 153
    edited June 2019
    @subtledoctor:
    Just a few more ideas for some other tanar‘ri you could use:
    Bar-Lgura - lesser earth elemental animation
    Maurezhi - IWD-Lich animation
    Babau - IWD-Lich-animation
    In case there are animations from IWD2 available for this modification you could think of these:
    Uridezu - IWD2-wererat-animation
    Vrock - IWD2-hook-horror animation
    But Cambions would always do well on all demon-related encounters, so that might be the most appropriate decision.
    Post edited by Acifer on
    @subtledoctor Thank you for looking into this!

Please remember, though, that NTotSC is BG:EE only, too. The animation for the Tanar'ri should be present in BG:EE, as I do not want to open the can of "you need IA for this mod".
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    You can pack the animation you need with the mod, no third party required.

DoF does that. I can guide you through or even prepare the files for you if it comes to this.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    That report, subtledoctor, reminds me why I would never even have thought that someone would make a big mod "consistent" within the game world. Praise to K4thos and Jastey for making the mod palatable
    @Raduziel if this would be doable in a way that it wil be compatible with the (upcoming) IA-EE without the need to actually install it, then it might be an option. If it's a BGII animation, then BGT shouldn't have a problem with it.
    jastey wrote: »
    @Raduziel if this would be doable in a way that it wil be compatible with the (upcoming) IA-EE without the need to actually install it, then it might be an option. If it's a BGII animation, then BGT shouldn't have a problem with it.

It is just a matter of aligning with @Gwendolyne , I think. IIRC all that is needed is one line of coding (that I also need to add to DoF, by the way).
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    Next IA version will be EE compatible and will install all the EE animations if not present (I mean bam, ini and soundsets files), whatever the game is. Moreover, it will install most of new EE animations in classical games, and all the missing original IA animations not provided by EE games. And even a bunch of mods animations (Ulb ones and a few of mine). I guess once it is released, it will work most like a Fixpack than a mod and will allow a better crossmods compatibility for modders. At least I hope so. ;)
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    FWIW, SCS detects spellcasters by script. I have a hardcoded list of all the mage/priest AI scripts in the original game; anyone with one of those scripts gets SCS-ified. The idea is to avoid overwriting another mod when it intentionally adds its own AI scripting.
    edited June 2019
  • AciferAcifer Member Posts: 153
    I would maybe change the area to just include, say, six maurezhi. Make it so they swarm - no picking off one at a time - and maybe have a few of them start off invisible.
    This is going to be a cool and wicked encounter!
    Bar-lgura (...) would not fit the intelligence of the dialogue.
    I see. "Bar-Lgura, the understudy" would not fit in so well. ;)

Damn I was checking the posts on NTSOTC topic in Spellhold studios and there were fake accounts used to actually manipulate you into doing that or this thing. Holy shit how far we have come

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59505-ntotsc-for-eet-and-bgt-and-bgee-bugthread/page-2#entry600586

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59505-ntotsc-for-eet-and-bgt-and-bgee-bugthread/page-2#entry600587

AHAHA

By the way, got a request. Given that the npc in the mod is feature incomplete, any chance of cutting it or actually writing that he is a one day npc mod, when installing it?
    Just for the record: the -me- guest post you are referring to was probably not from Roxanne.

Are you referring to Will O'Hara NPC? I made him a separate component and put a note on the download's pageabout him being rather silent, but I agree it could be also put into the readme.
    no I'm not meaning the readme I'm meaning when you install it add the tag. Because I discovered now that it is a feature incomplete npc and as such I would not install it at all.
    @Arthas I can't call it a "one day NPC" because I don't know whether it is one. It's not too much trouble to have a look into the readme of a mod you want to install. Especially if it is important to you that NPCs have more content. I can't take this request really serious, sorry. You are basically asking that the mod title should contain a summary of the mod conents. I guess it's possible, but then that is what readmes are for.
    he has a mere skeleton of a npc. What is it?
    edited June 2019
    @Arthas

Again, you do know that modders work for free, right?

And you can always start modding if you want to build something to better fit your taste. That's basically how Deities of Faerûn, Relieve Wizard Slayer and now Pfaug-NPC were built.

I can give you some guidelines through a PM if you want to. Feel free to send me one.

I won't follow this conversation here as I think I already hijacked this thread too much.

Sorry @jastey . I'll behave.
    @Arthas It's a legacy NPC, back from the days when modding BG meant that you copied a changed dialog.tlk and a bunch of files into your override folder and mods weren't compatible at all. It's the same with the NPCs in DSotSC.
    -they do not have much content because the original BG1 NPCs didn't either.
    -they don't have much content because there also wasn't so much possibility to let the NPCs talk and comment in the game as mod NPCs do now (we are talking pre-weidu times here).
    -they come with a quest mod because it was the only way to add more NPCs back then, because mods weren't compatible.

So, it's not "unfinished" or "skeleton", it's just standard from a long ago era. I made the NPC a separate install, so it's easy to skip it.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Will Scarlet O'Hara reminds me a lot of some of the original BG1 NPCs like Minsc and Tiax: although he's one-dimensional, he's one-dimensional in a unusual way (he's obsessed with flails).
    Question: is the cultist area going to stay? Isn't it mindless hacking of all these npcs?
    The cultists are the main foe and woven into several of the quest lines of this mod.
    It was nerfed already but if someone wants to nerf the encounter more be my guest to providede changes. Tactics in battle is not my speciality.
    I will wait for @subtledoctor refinements, then :P
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Arthas wrote: »
    Question: is the cultist area going to stay? Isn't it mindless hacking of all these npcs?

It's not mindless hacking. Aside from a few random spawns in the area, the cultists are bunched up in two battles: outside the temple and inside it. It's not like Icewind Dale, where there are large groups of enemies every 15 feet.
    edited July 2019
    @subtledoctor isn't there a command in NI to categorize them as generic bandit and to define their hp on that, rather than changing the hp manually?