Skip to content

RP: Winter's Valley-Chapter 1

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    The voice addresses Lagrord:

"Ah, there is no season but Winter here, human. But the golden nuts are ever golden. That said, I'm convinced of your innocence. But we must find the thief, or thieves. You never know how many of them are there. They are all after the nuts, they are!"

"Hmm," the voice pauses as if thinking, "I think you'll make a nice minion too... Can you... can you... make... *slurp*... SWEEETROLLLS?!"
    ThacoBellmashedtaterslolienSkatan
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    *Lagrord finishes filling the water skins and picks up as many as he can. He bows slightly, being careful not drop the skins*

"Master Jirt, I am afraid I am not strong like other half orcs, and cannot carry all these full waterskins myself. If it is not too presumptuous, we would get water to our companions quicker working together. I will of course, make two trips if necessary."

*Lagrord turns around and starts to hum a song he heard Cram sing often as he walks away*

Heehee, you are not the only one who can have fun, master Babble
    mashedtatersRik_Kirtaniyaashafetovlolien
  • ashafetovashafetov Member Posts: 231
    edited June 2019
    In meantime in the camp Nareth has almost finished all his dinner preparations.

" Where on earth is Jirt with this young lad?.. " , expressed he his thoughts aloud.
    " Frankly, he might be a one good mate to send for the Death herself! "

The captain wipes his hands and raises up. The flame sparks merrily and leaving the camp is probably the last thing he would do. His irritation slowly turns into anxiety. Nareth sighs and looks again in the direction the partymates have left.
    Post edited by ashafetov on
    ThacoBellRik_KirtaniyamashedtatersSkatan
    I am lovng this thread so far. Thank you so much, everyone!
    Rik_KirtaniyamashedtatersashafetovSkatan
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    edited June 2019
    Nareth doesn’t have to wait long. He sees Lagrord walking back with half the water skins, hiding a smug smirk on his face. A little farther behind him comes Jirt with the other half of the waters skins, almost trotting along. He is casting nervous, stressed glances over his shoulder at a scampering little figure.

The gnome’s babbling alerts the remainder of the group, and Kefto stands to take a better look.

“What in the Valley is that...?” says Kefto, lifting the bandage on his head so he can see with both eyes.

“Captain Nareth!” says Jirt. “This... this creature here is trying to usurp your authority over me!” He sounds slightly like a spoiled, nervous child tattling on his sibling, but it could just be the nerves.
    ashafetovThacoBellRik_KirtaniyaSkatan
    @ThacoBell I’m also really enjoying our adventure. I really like how you’ve taken on the role of your well-off but persecuted half-orc, and given him a solid personality even though he isn’t allowed to say much. It’s very creative and thought-out.
    ashafetovThacoBellRik_KirtaniyaSkatan
    *Lagrord gently puts the waterskins down and bows low before declaring the new arrival, as was his job at home*

"Captain Nareth and company, I introduce master Babble of the Brook!"

*Lagrord bows and steps aside, then sets about returning the waterskins to their owners*

"Deepest thanks for your assitance, master Jirt."
    Thanks! Its a lot of fun!
    Rik_KirtaniyaashafetovmashedtatersSkatan
    The gnome looks gleefully at the party as he catches his breath after running after his long legged human minions.

"Ah, more potential minions! What a fine day it is!"

Then he addresses Lagrord:

"Tell me, my faithful minion, are all these humans your minions? Yes? That is indeed a most brilliant prospect. For it is very obvious that a minion of my minion is also my minion! Oh, the luck!"
    ThacoBellashafetovmashedtaters
    "Master Cramnoch is in charge of our expedition, master Babble."

ashafetovRik_KirtaniyamashedtatersSkatan
  • ashafetovashafetov Member Posts: 231
    edited June 2019
    Nareth merrily stands up once he sees Lagrord and Jirt returning, But his joy turns first to surprise, and then to fright at the sight of a gnome. He draws his sword and yells:

" Jirt, explain yourself! What authority? Ye arse belong to infantry and our King, just like mine. There's no other authority exept min.. M'Lord Colden's, of course, and mine while his lordship is injured! Come here lads! Kefto, to arms! ", commands captain taking an attack pose with sword drawn.

Nareth speaks to Jirt keeping then suddenly changes his yelling target and slowly approaches gnome:
    " Speak fiend! There's no minions of your here, for the Refiner's sake, me be blessed his name! Wh.. What are ya and the hell ya wants here? " - Nareth's anxiety turns into superstitious anger.
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellmashedtatersSkatan
    edited June 2019
    The gnome looks inquisitively at Nareth.

"Ahh ha! Another sword-wielding minion! Most fascinating! Oooh, and you've got yourself a nice armour too!"

The gnome runs up to Nareth and examines his armour.

"Oooh, shiny chain mail! Wait, let's see what we have here..."

The gnome rummages inside a small bag that hung on his belt, oblivious of Nareth's attacking stance.

"There it is! Flexilixidixicon's anti-chaffing, anti-rust, anti-dent armour oil. Water-proof, weather-proof, monster-proof, non-flammable and most importantly, non-sticky!"

He uncaps the vial of pungent smelling liquid.

"Now... let's put this on you..."

The gnome attempts to put the "armour oil" on Nareth's chain mail and polish it.
    Edit: Typo
    Post edited by Rik_Kirtaniya on
    ThacoBellashafetovmashedtatersSkatan
    *Lagrord runs immediately to Colden's side when the weapons are drawn*

"Am, I missing something Cram? Is one so foolish as him really a threat?"
    ashafetovmashedtatersRik_KirtaniyaSkatan
    edited June 2019
    Kefto and Jirt rush to Nareth’s side as ordered. Colden looks up at Nareth’s and the new-comer’s arrival.

“Hold, Captain Nareth, good man,” he says,
    placing a hand comfortably on Lagrord’s shoulder in acknowledgement. Wise as always, he thinks to himself of his friend. “We should be cautious, but it isn’t often we meet one willing to converse outside of Astorwind. Put your weapons down, but at the ready. I doubt this gnome will harm us, though one such as he is rare indeed. He must be very resourceful to have survived on his own... though I don’t think his mind has survived as well,” he adds under his breath, not as an insult but as an assessment.

More brightly: “Tell me, gnome, what are you doing here? What is your name? Why do you talk of minions? Please, be hasty but clear. We must travel to the other side of the mountain tomorrow and cannot waste any time on frivolous things.”

Garta looks at the situation with wide eyes, but says nothing.
    I hope I played your character ok, @Skatan !
    Rik_KirtaniyaashafetovThacoBellSkatan
    The gnome gets agitated when Colden asks him about his name.

"My name? What a rude question! Why, you should know that better than me! Now tell me, what is my name? And don't you lie to me, I know very well that you know the answer, and you shall not hide it from me! For long this secret has been concealed from me, and now I will get to the bottom of this, I will! TELL ME! TELL ME NOW!" The gnome almost yells.
    ashafetovThacoBellSkatan
    There is a pause as the party looks at the panting gnome in disbelief.

“You don’t know your own name?” asks Garta.
    Rik_KirtaniyaashafetovThacoBellSkatan