Skip to content

Korax the Ghoul NPC Mod

2»

Comments

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    How would a ghoul get stronger in game?
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Shouldn't the undead be immune to back stab and critical hits? With no helmet he drops HP fast when crit hit.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    Shouldn't the undead be immune to back stab and critical hits? With no helmet he drops HP fast when crit hit.

This is a third edition thing, IIRC.
    DreadKhan
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @semiticgod Wow, what a neat mod! :smiley: I always felt bad for the little guy, having to cut him down mere hours after befriending him...

Does he have banters with other party members? Conflicts? Can't imagine Ajantis or Jaheira embracing him exactly haha.
    @semiticgod Just a side note: the code is Beamdog's. I just copied and pasted it for my NPC.
    semiticgoddesslolien
    Any chance of this guy appearing in BG2? I can't help but think he'd be an upstanding citizen of Ghoul Town.

I wish I had this idea. Awesome.
    lolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @subtledoctor @Raduziel: Is there a way I could patch the Ghoul Town area so that it wouldn't spawn enemies in a specific place? The Pit of the Faithless would be a great place to put a BG2 Korax, but it would make less sense for him to come alongside a whole bunch of hostile critters, especially if one of them is that high-level lich spawn. Could I disable the hostile spawns in the bridge map (not Theshal's place, but the one that links directly to the beholder hive) and just patch the area BCS so it would spawn Korax somewhere instead?
    Fina92
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I think this question may be answered by @elminster @kjeron or @Gwendolyne
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2019
    I know its not the ideal solution but the simplest solution would be to just script them out. So like RDUNDEAD.CRE and SKELDED.CRE have some section of their script that takes the action "DestroySelf()" if they are in AR0201.

Edit:...and I just realize RDUNDEAD.CRE is a just a spawn of Ghast01 and Mummy01 (its just a way to summon random creatures using a 2DA file as a reference).
    Post edited by elminster on
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    I am not fan of patching spawns scripts because it might become very tricky when trying to regexp all combinations introduced by mods.
    I guess the easiest way is to create a new trigger in the map or to patch the are script spawning on conditions your cre at coordinates you are pretty sure not to find anybody else.
    lolien
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @semiticgod Any update on this mod? Are there still plans for BG2EE? :)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Fina92: There are no plans for Korax in BG2. The other mods I work on are a higher priority, so this one takes a backseat for me.

On the off chance that any other modders want to expand the mod, they have my full permission to use all assets from this one.
    Fina92
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    best NPC. EVER. Viconia is like totally flat compared to Korax. I am actually reinstalling the game because I want Korax in the party. Gonna name my protag Korax just for the extra double fun.

Dwarf, halfling and Korax enters the bar. Dwarf orders a beer, halfling orders a beer and Korax doesn't give a shit, he just stuns you.
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 227
    edited February 11
    Hello. here is a french translation of Korax NPC.

Edit : file deleted : I noticed that the mod is not really traiyfied, so my "partial" translation is useless.
    Post edited by deratiseur on